Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Don't worry, someone will chime in shortly saying the Spyder so great and only a selected few have a problem.
    Far away to fit in this this picture () but I can say (based on 128K miles) that your #1 problem is the gear position switch (to be replace).

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ctpaddler2000 View Post
    You have a 3 month old 2009? Was it a leftover?
    I bought mine at the end of March, and got a terrific deal on it! It was 0 miles and until I told them I would buy it, it hadn't been serviced. Which kinda scared me a little, but they checked the seals, and did all the required recall stuff, etc., and nothing has gone wrong to date (Praise God). I noticed after I started using mid-grade gas recently, it began to run a little rough around 60 to 70 mph, but I just started switching back to the low octane fuel, so we'll see how that goes. I'm almost up to 3k miles so far.

on!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Far away to fit in this this picture () but I can say (based on 128K miles) that your #1 problem is the gear position switch (to be replace).
    They've done that on mine. Didn't work. Then BRP gave them "detailed instructions" on what to do and that didn't work either. Last I heard they ordered the same part they tried the first time but, that was over a week ago......

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2WCKED View Post
    They've done that on mine. Didn't work. Then BRP gave them "detailed instructions" on what to do and that didn't work either. Last I heard they ordered the same part they tried the first time but, that was over a week ago......
    I have no experience with RT's....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well I hope you don't end up like me.
    Spyder is being towed for the 7th time, I am looking at my spyder on side mirror of tow truck hoping it would just fall the off the tow truck...
    Last edited by aka1004; 07-14-2011 at 01:33 AM.
    6 states down 42 states to go

hotmanali

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    Spyder is being towed for the 7th time, I looking at my spyder on side mirror of tow truck hoping it would just fall the off the tow truck...
    I guess i'm lucky so far i have not had to have it towed but adding rv/motorcycle to my AAA in advance may turn out to be a blessing.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder is being towed for the 7th time, I am looking at my spyder on side mirror of tow truck hoping it would just fall the off the tow truck...

Ha! A friend of mine just yesterday said 'we should go down, pick it up and put it on a flat bed and maybe it will just fall off.'

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

BRP should provide loaners for these types of mistakes.

hotmanali

Quote Originally Posted by powerbeast View Post
    BRP should provide loaners for these types of mistakes.
    I agree... If i spend 15K on a honda they give me a loaner when my car is in the shop... More incentive to get the bike fixed and right.

Either way they got it fixed for me and it's back at home now. Running like a champ and so much better.

Turns out the breather hose from the manufacturer was not installed correctly and was leaking oil 24/7 and the Position sensor was shot. Drove it home and it's a HUGE difference.

Spyder Garage

Everyday now I see these kinds of threads. Don't worry, someone will chime in shortly saying the Spyder so great and only a selected few have a problem. They will also tell you the Spyder is a new product and will have growing pains. And alot of other BS.

Sorry, you are yet another victum of this machine.
    Let me just say that;

The Spyder is a Great.... Oh! Sorry, you already covered this one....

Only a selected few have.... Oops! You brought this up as well...

Remember, the Spyder is a new.... My! Beat me to this on too!

I guess the only thing left for me to say is "alot (Sic) of other BS" ~!!!

Maybe I should just say that every opinion that someone disagrees with is not necessarily 'BS' and leave it at that.

Some people come here for help, others come to be recognized as a 'Victim'. Each must decide which one they want to be.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hotmanali View Post
    I agree... If i spend 15K on a honda they give me a loaner when my car is in the shop... More incentive to get the bike fixed and right.

Either way they got it fixed for me and it's back at home now. Running like a champ and so much better.

Turns out the breather hose from the manufacturer was not installed correctly and was leaking oil 24/7 and the Position sensor was shot. Drove it home and it's a HUGE difference.
    How about that! Good news! The haters will be devistated but they will get over it.

And so another satisfied customer emerges and another ‘Victim’ bites the dust.

In a perfect world all Spyders would be perfect, all dealerships would be perfect and all owners would be perfect. (As long as I'm on a roll I'll through the Weather in here too!)

Until then there will be imperfections in all cases, but we’re working on it!

I am very happy for both you and your Spyder. Granted, I would not be thrilled with needing a re-do, but the right thing got done and we're all wishing you good riding from here out.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lightman02
    I don't understand how they fix something and it happens again with exactly the same two problems. That seems to me they never actually fixed it, the oil leak really bothers me. I would go to another shop if I were you. I would call Carlo at BRP and let him know your frustrations.
    I saw the fix with my own two eyes the first time. I trust the shop and they bend over backwards to help me out and always have. It's not BRP stalling with parts either. Its the fact that the product is not 100% ready and was not built properly.
    I'm confused, first it was you had a bad head gasket causing an oil leak but they fixed that. Then it happens again and it's a loose hose from the factory. Then they reset your error from the GPS sensor (probably diconnected the battery) and it was fine. Now they replace the sensor and fixed the hose like they should have in the first place and it's as good as new. So how is it the bikes fault or BRP becasue a shop basically BS'd you the first time and never actually fixed the problem??? Like I said I would try a different shop in the future. Giving you a loaner would have been bending over backwards, seems all they did was bend you over.

spydee owner

Default dependability

Thats even worse for BRP !!! That long in R+D and the product is still not dependable ???
    I own two '08 sm5 bikes and ride with two other spyders-one a gs sm5 the other an rt manual shift. Very dependable, I feel great when I leave for a ride and when I get home. Since June 12 my wife and I have each put on 3000 trouble free miles.
    You should not be stating the product is not dependable based on a few instances out of the many,many very dependable spyders. And by the way, the concept was first discussed in '97. They did not have a working prototype 'til much later.
    If you feel so bad when you ride them you should probably ride something else that you feel is more proven. No sense stressing about it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you got yours back.

I don't think anybody would be here if they did not like spyders.
    Just hate the situation they or I am in.
    The mighty defenders of brp are kinda funny thou.
    Others can have different opinion of brp based on their experience and that does not make it right or wrong. It's just defferent opinion.
    Last edited by aka1004; 07-15-2011 at 11:19 AM.

hotmanali

Quote Originally Posted by lightman02 View Post
    I'm confused, first it was you had a bad head gasket causing an oil leak but they fixed that. Then it happens again and it's a loose hose from the factory. Then they reset your error from the GPS sensor (probably diconnected the battery) and it was fine. Now they replace the sensor and fixed the hose like they should have in the first place and it's as good as new. So how is it the bikes fault or BRP becasue a shop basically BS'd you the first time and never actually fixed the problem??? Like I said I would try a different shop in the future. Giving you a loaner would have been bending over backwards, seems all they did was bend you over.
    The head gasket is at the top of the engine and yes it was replaced last time. Also the Breather hose is at the bottom and has nothing to do with the gasket so these were two different issues. The Position sensor last time was cleaned and reset and could not get the problem to come back so yes it was taken care of the first time. This time they replaced it completely.

I'm not sure what your issues are with your shop and how they treat you but mine treats me great and they are always there and fix whatever they have to.

Giving a loaner would be nice but considering a spyder is a "recreational" vehicle there is no way they will ever do loaners for it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know of at least one Ryder who got a loaner from brp.
    Her spyder was in shop like 3 weeks and she was supposed to go on a trip with a women motorcycle group following week, she called brp and explained the situation and loaner was provided for the trip. It was a demo unit from a dealer.

I figure brp thought it will be really bad publicity if a national motorcycle group finds out a member missed their meeting because her spyder broke down.
    Last edited by aka1004; 07-15-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The head gasket is at the top of the engine and yes it was replaced last time. Also the Breather hose is at the bottom and has nothing to do with the gasket so these were two different issues. The Position sensor last time was cleaned and reset and could not get the problem to come back so yes it was taken care of the first time. This time they replaced it completely.

I'm not sure what your issues are with your shop and how they treat you but mine treats me great and they are always there and fix whatever they have to.

Giving a loaner would be nice but considering a spyder is a "recreational" vehicle there is no way they will ever do loaners for it.
    I know where the head gasket is. By the way breather hose is on the bottom and runs to the top of the engine to the air box next to the cylinder head. The GPS sensor is not a serviceable item, it can't be cleaned, reset, or serviced, and you can only replace it. As far as the head gasket being replaced, it’s not impossible the cause but also not very likely on a pretty new engine. They may have replaced it as they guessed that’s where it was coming from, but never was. I don’t have a problem with my shop; the only time I go to a shop is for warranty work. I work on all my own stuff normally, and being good friends with a mechanic that’s been in the business for over 40 years, I know what I’m talking about. But they again it’s not my problem that your bike has to go back for incomplete repairs. I’m sure you are a nice guy, my point is, don’t think just because a shop is nice to you personally means they are doing the job properly.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

I know of at least one Ryder who got a loaner from brp.
    Her spyder was in shop like 3 weeks and she was supposed to go on a trip with a women motorcycle group following week, she called brp and explained the situation and loaner was provided for the trip. It was a demo unit from a dealer.

I figure brp thought it will be really bad publicity if a national motorcycle group finds out a member missed their meeting because her spyder broke down.
    This kind of thing has virtually nothing to do with BRP, and everything to do with a particular dealer. Loaners are strictly a customer service provided by some dealers. Most do not do so.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    This kind of thing has virtually nothing to do with BRP, and everything to do with a particular dealer. Loaners are strictly a customer service provided by some dealers. Most do not do so.
    She said brp asked the dealer to give her a loaner.
    It's a rare case, I know.
    She used to come to rides in Los angeles and last I heard, she got 45000 miles on it now!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear your back up and running, I will see you on Wednesday. Drive safe.