Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    deleted and I do not know why he was just showing what he made and wasn't really trying to sell them. Other people come up with fixes and it was really more of a public service since the BRP cost is stupid to fix it, I hope he contacts a vendor to sell them for him it is was what BRP should have done instead as using pot metal.
    It looks like a great piece, that's got to solve this problem!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YEP

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It looks like a great piece, that's got to solve this problem!
    ........And now that Bob says ..." DAVE " , will be doing the installations ....we are all set, .......Bob do we send " DAVE " our Spyder or how is this going to work ? ? ?...Mikeguyver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JRWW View Post
    To Bluenight,
    I bought noboots arm and installed it myself, now I'm no mechanic however if you take your time and follow his directions it was not all that difficult. If you don't know one end of a spanner from the other then maybe you have a friend who does that could help. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I can not find the pic of the arm made by "noboot". Can someone post it? Thanks, Tom
    I agree. A photo would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ........And now that Bob says ..." DAVE " , will be doing the installations ....we are all set, .......Bob do we send " DAVE " our Spyder or how is this going to work ? ? ?...Mikeguyver
    How do we get one? And follow the rules. Lamont has a site to run and support and we all want to keep it functioning as the great site it is. Let's figure out how to do this. I'm ready.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Spyder Garage

Default Can't keep up with this thread

First I was told the arm is not covered under warranty. The motor is so if the arm breaks you have to replace the whole unit and since the motor is working, you pay, at a cost of 600.00 and labor I think. Now did I read on here BRP is calling this a warranty repair?

I know of a couple of riders who center arm have broken, when the pin on the left support arm of my spyder broke off I was first told under warranty then told no. that pin is an easy fix, the center one not so much.

Please one nice clear response.

thanks...
    I Love my
    Linda
    RTS SE5 2012 Red
    GOS member 871

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by La20614 View Post
    First I was told the arm is not covered under warranty. The motor is so if the arm breaks you have to replace the whole unit and since the motor is working, you pay, at a cost of 600.00 and labor I think. Now did I read on here BRP is calling this a warranty repair?

I know of a couple of riders who center arm have broken, when the pin on the left support arm of my spyder broke off I was first told under warranty then told no. that pin is an easy fix, the center one not so much.

thanks...
    IT IS a warranty item. Some dealers are less than honest trying to make a buck.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

thanks...
    If your Spyder is still within the basic OEM warranty period, typically the first two years, it is covered. Once past two years, the extended warranty or BEST warranty does not cover this arm.
    Regardless of coverage, the arm itself is not available as a separate item and must be purchased as part of the windshield mechanism.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    If your Spyder is still within the basic OEM warranty period, typically the first two years, it is covered. Once past two years, the extended warranty or BEST warranty does not cover this arm.
    Regardless of coverage, the arm itself is not available as a separate item and must be purchased as part of the windshield mechanism.
    It is definitely a warranty item under the OEM two-year warranty. I had mine replaced free of charge. I can't speak for BEST but several have posted that BEST does not cover it.

If you do end up paying for it, be aware that while the part is outrageous in cost because you get the whole assembly, the BRP flat rate is only 1/2 hour. That's it. I was on the road 600 mi from home when mine broke. An extremely helpful dealer in Nashville (America's Motorsports) replaced it under warranty. When I saw the invoice I couldn't believe he only put down 1/2 hour for BRP. He said that's all they are allowed for this job. I looked it up when I got home and that is indeed what the manual shows.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Spyder Garage

Default 1/2 HR.....!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy_100 View Post
    It is definitely a warranty item under the OEM two-year warranty. I had mine replaced free of charge. I can't speak for BEST but several have posted that BEST does not cover it.

If you do end up paying for it, be aware that while the part is outrageous in cost because you get the whole assembly, the BRP flat rate is only 1/2 hour. That's it. I was on the road 600 mi from home when mine broke. An extremely helpful dealer in Nashville (America's Motorsports) replaced it under warranty. When I saw the invoice I couldn't believe he only put down 1/2 hour for BRP. He said that's all they are allowed for this job. I looked it up when I got home and that is indeed what the manual shows.
    ..,...If you have the tools , and are familiar with the procedure, 1/2 hr is really tight time wise but doable.........Because the Part the Dealer gets and the Tech replaces ....is a complete assembly.....After the windshield and cover are off...it's 8 bolts, two wires, one plug and done ..............put it back together.......Don't forget these guys use air / electric power drivers etc.........Have you ever seen a Tire change on NASCAR..........................JMHO....Mikeguyver ...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Soooo... 1/2 hour in "BRP Time", equals about 1/2 day, in human time??
    (Make that fours days; in MY time! )

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info! Mine is still under the 2 year warranty, sooo they shouldn't have charged me for the pin that broke off. I am pretty sure the middle arm on the others I heard about were after the brp warranty and was under BEST or similar.
    I Love my
    Linda
    RTS SE5 2012 Red
    GOS member 871

Spyder Garage

He has them for sale on eBay.
    Can am Spyder RT Screen Bracket
    Last edited by stevedfive; 08-26-2014 at 08:00 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    He has them for sale on eBay.
    Can am Spyder RT Screen Bracket
    Snagged one thanks!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I got the last one
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Hey noboot. Are you making more? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mines good so far

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sddinnh View Post
    Mines good so far
    So is mine but now I have insurance. Obviously this part is like Kenda tires. Some last a long time others not so much.

Spyder Garage

I would suggest contacting him via eBay message to seller. It's the more appropriate way to ask him. IMHO.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    I got the last one
    I was watching the item when 2 were left. Showed it to the wife and explained the situation of it breaking and limited availability.

She dropped a "no" twice.

Her answer was we have a warranty.

I will laugh under my helmet if this arm fails and we are a long way from home. She will be taking the abuse of the airflow because I will sport bike crouch it home.

$100 dollars now vs a ruined trip that will cost much more than this part, what a fool.

Oh well.

PK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Hey noboot. Are you making more? Tom
    It is getting a good response and the RT guys here in Australia that have fitted them are amazed at the quality and fittment of it.

So to answer your question... yes.... I will make some more, they take a lot of hours to make and I will be talking to Bajara Ron about distributing these units on my behalf.

Cheers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by noboot View Post
    It is getting a good response and the RT guys here in Australia that have fitted them are amazed at the quality and fittment of it.

So to answer your question... yes.... I will make some more, they take a lot of hours to make and I will be talking to Bajara Ron about distributing these units on my behalf.

Cheers
    Now this is GREAT news! Please keep us posted.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by noboot View Post

Cheers
    This is good news. Very good news indeed.
    I'm looking forward to mine !
    Does the unit come with instructions, or is the replacement pretty self explanatory ?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If I drop the part in my Dealer's hands; it'd be nice to give him a roadmap!
    After all; this is beyond the scope of their training...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    This is good news. Very good news indeed.
    I'm looking forward to mine !
    Does the unit come with instructions, or is the replacement pretty self explanatory ?
    The Ebay ad says it comes with basic instructions and some wedge type tools to remove the worm drive whatever that means. I have not had the arm out myself so hopefully it will make sense when I do.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If I drop the part in my Dealer's hands; it'd be nice to give him a roadmap!
    After all; this is beyond the scope of their training...
    .........Bob, I thought you said " DAVE " would be taking care of all this ? ? ? ? ...............Mikeguyver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Re-read my post...
    I said that he's taken them apart, and knows how to do it; that's all!
    By the way; I'm talking about Teddy's Dave... just in case you needed clarification!