Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by noboot View Post
    We made our own arm, identical in specs to the OEM arm but 100% better in Billet Alloy and will never Crack or break.
    Nice You should get together with one of our sponsor like Bajaron and let him import a few dozen I am sure they will sell.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We made our own arm, identical in specs to the OEM arm but 100% better in Billet Alloy and will never Crack or break.
    PM sent!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I would like one too!

I would PM Lamont and explain what is going on and that you are making these. It's safety in my mind so maybe you can work something out.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wait a minute here... I thought BLUEKNIGHT911 was the only one here that was capable of repairing these...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He hasn't shown us any pictures yet...
    Or did I miss them?

Spyder Garage

I do have about 6 spares and would love to sell you one, But!!!! The Administrators of this forum would consider me a Vendor and kick me out. I am a 66 year old Spyder Rider like the rest of us and I make the odd improvement to the Spyders, it is definately not a business just a passion.

So if you can convince The administrators then yes I can sell you one.... Cheers
    No go..........
    Maybe you can camp on to one of the existing vendors that may have shown interest.
    This is an unfortunate turn.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Now THAT'S what I'm talk'n 'bout!!
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    He hasn't shown us any pictures yet...
    Or did I miss them?
    Yea... I will believe it when I see it

For now those CNC'ed units look like the perfect thing.

I do not know what Lamont charges for advertising but if enough people want the thing and we split it up, we can "fund" the guy!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

THAT's worth a consideration...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Yea... I will believe it when I see it

For now those CNC'ed units look like the perfect thing.

I do not know what Lamont charges for advertising but if enough people want the thing and we split it up, we can "fund" the guy!

Bob
    Here Here !!!
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I do have about 6 spares and would love to sell you one, But!!!! The Administrators of this forum would consider me a Vendor and kick me out. I am a 66 year old Spyder Rider like the rest of us and I make the odd improvement to the Spyders, it is definately not a business just a passion.

So if you can convince The administrators then yes I can sell you one.... Cheers
    If you are selling for profit you are a vendor and have to follow the same rules as any other vendor, it's not based on your age, it's based on profit.
    Here's the rules of the forum if you haven't seen them but I'm guessing you have.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...orting-Vendors

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    If you are selling for profit you are a vendor and have to follow the same rules as any other vendor, it's not based on your age, it's based on profit.
    Here's the rules of the forum if you haven't seen them but I'm guessing you have.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...orting-Vendors
    Lamont, so he can sell if it's at cost and not for profit? Not sure he is willing to do that but wanted to check that is OK?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Lamont, so he can sell if it's at cost and not for profit? Not sure he is willing to do that but wanted to check that is OK?

Bob
    I don't care what he does off the board but if he's not giving them away he can't promote them on the board.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YOU SHOULD ALL CONSIDER THIS

....Really I am, that " ARM " is a work of art and He should be awarded some kind of medal / trophy etc. for what He has accomplished. And I am not being facetious in saying this , I really mean it......But , and there is always a but......If you get this " ARM " .....have you thought about what you are going to do with it.........I'm serious .......When I looked at this problem, one of the main stumbling blocks was dis-assembling the shaft from the arm.......BECAUSE BRP didn't make it to be DIS-ASSEMBLED after it was made ......I'm not jerking your chains on this......and I'm not trying to throw water on this either......But if you had the " ARM " .....then what...........Even if you have a friendly dealer ( ha ha ) They are not equipped to dis-assemble this part and put it back together...........Now I know Bob is going to answer this post by telling us .....to all just eat some more ice-cream ......Personally I think He should Patent it and submit it to BRP, so they can use it to fix this problem , since their engineers can't ....Mikeguyver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They CAN be taken apart...
    Just ask Dave...

And what the Hell do you have against ice cream anyway?!?

Spyder Garage

The rules for the site, linked by Lamonster are straightforward and fair.

The billet arm is cool.

As you guys mentioned, form a partnership and import them.

I need to draw this arm and the other two. Maybe carbon fiber with a vertical honeycomb core, but titanium would be cool too.

PK

Spyder Garage

To Bluenight,
    I bought noboots arm and installed it myself, now I'm no mechanic however if you take your time and follow his directions it was not all that difficult. If you don't know one end of a spanner from the other then maybe you have a friend who does that could help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Active Member One Legged Willie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Update

Quote Originally Posted by One Legged Willie View Post
    Hi, I HAVE A 2011 RT LTD AND MY 'DOGBONE' PIECE BROKE THIS MORNING (45500 MILES)
    AS I AM PLANNING A TRIP LEAVING HOUSTON ON WEDNESDAY I WAS WONDERING IF THE JBWELD AND HOSECLAMP FIX WAS FOR BROKEN ARMS OR JUST FOR CRACKED ARMS? ANY SUGGESTIONS THAT WOULD GET ME ANOTHER 2000 MILES OR SO BEFORE I GET THE REPLACEMENT ASSEMBLY WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS

Update-
    i did the JBWELD hose clamp fix and it worked through a fifty mile, bumpy road ride holding well. Will try a couple of hundred mile ride tomorrow and if it holds off I go on Wednesday -thanks for the information.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default 2012's

Has anyone been having issues with the 2012 RT-S's breaking?
    Mine was recently in a front end collision , mainly just the frunk got scratched up and the the right fender, and some other
    stuff that Spyderpops and Pittbull are handling, but after reading this, and knowing it was a pretty significant whacking,
    as my arms and wrists can attest to, I am wondering if I don't need to replace or get a reinforced one?
    Last edited by CherryBomb; 08-25-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

I can not find the pic of the arm made by "noboot". Can someone post it? Thanks, Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I can not find the pic of the arm made by "noboot". Can someone post it? Thanks, Tom
    ...I'm just guessing , ...but I think the administrator may have ..........Mikeguyver

Spyder Garage

Default REALLY

Quote Originally Posted by JRWW View Post
    To Bluenight,
    I bought noboots arm and installed it myself, now I'm no mechanic however if you take your time and follow his directions it was not all that difficult. If you don't know one end of a spanner from the other then maybe you have a friend who does that could help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ............" JRWW " , are all Aussie's RUDE or just you ....... ..........Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-25-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...I'm just guessing , ...but I think the administrator may have ..........Mikeguyver
    deleted and I do not know why he was just showing what he made and wasn't really trying to sell them. Other people come up with fixes and it was really more of a public service since the BRP cost is stupid to fix it, I hope he contacts a vendor to sell them for him it is was what BRP should have done instead as using pot metal.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Default YEP

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    deleted and I do not know why he was just showing what he made and wasn't really trying to sell them. Other people come up with fixes and it was really more of a public service since the BRP cost is stupid to fix it, I hope he contacts a vendor to sell them for him it is was what BRP should have done instead as using pot metal.
    ...........................Thanks for repeating what I said earlier in another Post.......Mikeguyver