Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hotmanali

Default need to rant and rave... scream and more........

So i live in a very VERY nice high rise in Los Angeles. Unfortunately our building is full of many celebs and all the damn kids from Nickelodeon that think they are the . That being said this weekend was like living in a zoo. I know I'm only 30 and many of you will still call me a kid but i act like an adult. That being said, these damn kids were up partying till 2 am Sunday with screaming, slamming doors and hollering in the hallways. One group of them mouthing off when i told them to politely to shut up and stop the party. Ended up calling security but till went on till 3am.

Last night we got home around 11pm from a small party and fireworks show and saw the havoc. Beer bottles on the elevator, beer bottles on every floor in the hallways, literally a sea of trash on the patio, then at midnight someone thought it would be funny to launch fireworks off the roof top. That just about jumped me out of bed since we are on the 12th and the roof is the 14th floor.

So this morning i went down and had a nice chat with the manager. Apparently she had to call the cops aver a dozen times last night to clear the building out and was cleaning up herself.

So after that lovely conversation i headed down to get Roxy and drop her off at the dealer for her new brake pads that BRP is taking care of for me and i smell the nasty stench of beer and see foot prints on my seat. I figured as usual someone just wanted to sit on it. Don't know why but i took a picture of the foot print. I go and drop off my bike and when i get off you can still smell the beer. Some bastard spilled beer all over my bike. And i just had it detailed on sat. I went back and told the manager and she is going to see what she can do for me.

I am sick and tired of the lack of respect from people. I'm just hoping that someone posts a pic sitting on my bike so i can track them down. I seriously want to electrify my bike when i leave it. Not just an alarm but one that will leave a mark of make them deaf!!! CAUSE SERIOUS PAIN!!!!

Any suggestions????

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Angry

I manage a senior housing community, and I so understand what you're talking about.
    Granted I don't have to deal with that kind of antics from the 'seniors' BUT they have kids and grandkids, who have friends....
    seems like anytime you open your mouth, somebody gets pi$$ed off and then YOU become the target. . .
    along with everything you own.
    Guess you can be thankful they didn't pee on it or tag it with dark colored body excrement. . . .
    and I'm not making light of your situation. It really sucks.

If you come up with a high-voltage remedy, please let me know!

hotmanali

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Cat View Post
    If you come up with a high-voltage remedy, please let me know!

I told the property manager i was going to do it and she said "please do and let me know so i can watch"

Lamonster..... We need your help on this one!!!!!

hotmanali

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    MOVE! That really doesn't sound like a very nice place to live to me. Time to move from the Left Coast to the Midwest.
    We are actually looking to buy a house and be on our own but it can't come fast enough. I would love to move to TN, That's actually where my GF is from but she won't go back there but to visit. All her work is here since she is in the entertainment industry and does a lot of producing work.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hotmanali View Post

Any suggestions????
    Nothing legal, Sorry to say.
    RESPECT for other's property, Doesn't exist any more, If they get caught Daddy or Mommy will buy them out of trouble. I live in a very affluent Town. Kiddie wrecks a new car,
    Next day Daddy leases them a new one.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

you can start with an alarm and use a pieze pain generator siren ... or DEI makes a ABSOULTELY OBNOXIOUS Mini piezo that in the cabin of a car is enough to piss off any installer not that I ever had to test that .. then there are other things you could do like small bullet hole cameras like in the vents connected to a pressure switch or a motion sensor to turn on when its triggered . hell use the alarm and piezo and camera all in one so you see them jumpin on your bike , watch them get annoyed and possibly fall and run like little B****ES

PS not that i have had ideas or tried any of these ideas by using an alarm to trigger some kind of taser, or airbag deployment ( kind of illegal ) maybe trigger some kind of pepper spray . LOL not that 14 years of installing mobile electronics hasnt given me some CRAZY ideas.
    Last edited by Smokinspyder; 07-05-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

breathe...don't "booby-trap" your Sypder with dangerous stuff, because you could end up in hot water and then you wouldn't be able to ryde.

It is horrible they way some people act. They have no right to mess with your Spyder.

Hopefully someone else on SpyderLovers can offer suggestions as to how to get the smell off your Spyder.

hotmanali

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinspyder View Post
    ......watch them get annoyed and possibly fall and run like little B****ES

PS not that i have had ideas or tried any of these ideas by using an alarm to trigger some kind of taser, or airbag deployment ( kind of illegal ) maybe trigger some kind of pepper spray . LOL not that 14 years of installing mobile electronics hasnt given me some CRAZY ideas.
    I think you and i need to talk some more... haha

Imagine watching this from a bullet cam.... Chick hops on... gets sprayed with pepper spray... falls off..... runs around screaming and runs into a wall and blacks out!!!! Cops show up and don't know what happened to her and she can't remember... Youtube video uploaded and hit's #1 video on the net!!!

Spyder Garage

If you know any of "the group", you might try facebook. Cops are using facebook these days to acquire "admissions" on crimes that occur in our area. Kids are always bragging on facebook what they did. Just a thought.

Chris

hotmanali

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRyder2B View Post
    breathe...don't "booby-trap" your Sypder with dangerous stuff, because you could end up in hot water and then you wouldn't be able to ryde.

It is horrible they way some people act. They have no right to mess with your Spyder.

Hopefully someone else on SpyderLovers can offer suggestions as to how to get the smell off your Spyder.

I am but in all honesty it is really upsetting that i work my @ss off to get my toys and people don't have any respect. I really do wish i just knew who it was so i could smack them around a little bit and teach them a lesson.

The dealer is going to give my bike a wash when they are done so hopefully that takes care of it.

I still want an alarm and i'm thinking about adding about 3 sirens to really make a point.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You have my sympathies... I know that it doens't help though!
    Don't do anything that'll get your butt in trouble... they just ain't worth it!

(Personally I like the idea of a hot lead hooked up to some good 'ole 220... )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

ya Beleive me some of the discussions about things we could hook up to alarms to deter would be theives or vandals . the sirens and mini cams would probably be funny the taser and pepper spray would be funny to but may get us into trouble . haha, its really all about trial and error what would work for your vandals if i had a tazer hookd up to a alarm with a cam set to record when the alarm is triggered i would be sitting there with pop corn watching and some coffee LOL jk ( or am i ha ha ha )

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I suggest the MagnaVolt:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

LOVE IT !!!

hotmanali

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately, a sign of the times. I don't recommend a booby trap that can inflict any type of bodily harm--you are the one that would get hauled off to jail and get sued for large $'s.

Moving is probably your best option.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

hotmanali

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Unfortunately, a sign of the times. I don't recommend a booby trap that can inflict any type of bodily harm--you are the one that would get hauled off to jail and get sued for large $'s.

Moving is probably your best option.
    True but you do know that as you were writing this you were thinking of the things you could do to your when people mess with it!!!

Spyder Garage

Most of the Nick kids are underage, no? I'd make a point of outing them to the press (forget the law) so their careers can "Lohan" away... I'm sure some paparazzi scum would love the tip.
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

hotmanali

Quote Originally Posted by qasamm View Post
    Most of the Nick kids are underage, no? I'd make a point of outing them to the press (forget the law) so their careers can "Lohan" away... I'm sure some paparazzi scum would love the tip.
    Nope... many of them are 18 and 19. I would call the paparazzi but in all honesty i don't want them in our building... that would only make more of a mess!!!!

Spyder Garage

You need a Frunk Monkey!

Last edited by Yazz; 07-05-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

hotmanali

I'll take 3 please!!!

Spyder Garage

get a deer camera that is motion activated. Park you car next to your spyder with the camera lock inside aimed at the spyder and every time someone goes near it you get a pic. Then the next time someone messes with it you can go to the manager with the pic.

Spyder Garage

I have a Scopio SR-i900 alarm and that has done a good job of keeping people off and away from the bike.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Wink

Get the Nelson half cover. You can with a bit of ingenuity lock it over the bike. And an alarm and lastly a deer camera though a high end building must have security footage of their garage area. If your building security won't give it up that's when you get your attorney to involved.

And moving away from entitled morons might also help.

Oh, wait. Forget the deer camera. Set up your own video cam and sell it to TMZ to pay for your next bike.
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This thread is about ranting and venting. Logically, yes, any sort of booby-trap is almost always a bad idea (e.g.: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2010/10/23/Man-killed-by-own-booby-trap/UPI-69591287840035/). I grew up in an area of Canada that had a low murder rate, but property crime was endemic. Dirt bags wouldn’t think twice about breaking into a car or home to steal whatever they could, probably because the law sympathized with the perps. If you hit a home-invader with a baseball bat, you would be the one to go to jail and the perp would sue you and take your house.

Anyway, I knew someone that had 3 car stereos stolen. On his 4th one, he rigged up a bunch of razor blades on it so if someone reached up under his dash to fiddle with it, they would slice up their hands. I predicted one of 3 three outcomes:

1. He’d forget about it someday and slice up his own hand.
    2. A mechanic working on his car would end up slicing up his hand.
    3. A would-be thief would slice up his hand then completely trash his car.

Well, number 3 happened…