Thread: Help please!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Help please!!!

A friend of mine has purchased a 2009 RS SE5 but will not pick it up till the 13th. It has a 1" riser on it. I am going to order the Easy risers from ESI to install. When removing the 1", are there bolts or is it splined and held on with a large nut? When I remove the 1", what holds the bars?He will be riding it from where he bought it to Las Vegas, then home to spokane.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandrunr1 View Post
    A friend of mine has purchased a 2009 RS SE5 but will not pick it up till the 13th. It has a 1" riser on it. I am going to order the Easy risers from ESI to install. When removing the 1", are there bolts or is it splined and held on with a large nut? When I remove the 1", what holds the bars?He will be riding it from where he bought it to Las Vegas, then home to spokane.
    keep the 1" and add the ESI

Spyder Garage

The factory optional 1" riser totally replaces the stock. You will need one or the other... in addition to the 3-4" aftermarket risers.

Quote Originally Posted by sandrunr1 View Post
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

I went another route all together, but if I remember correctly you can use the 1" block with the 3" esi risers. It's trying to use the 1" block with the 4" risers that gets beyond the available slack in the cables.
    Old Spyder Mods:
    No Magic Neon Triple Play II, Leo Vince SBK Exhaust, MMG Backrest, BRP Seat Skin, XOPRODOX Grips & Throttle Rocker, Paint By Tallant's Hot Rods, Kewl Metal Air Filter, Juice Box, Evoluzione O2 Mod, DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap, Ride Wright Mojo Wheels and Pulley, Custom Handlebars, Relocated Ignition Switch, Madstad Robo Brackets, Evoluzione Swaybar, RT Shocks/Springs, Toyo R1R, Odyssey Battery, Lowered Shock Mount, SFB Floorboards, Fenderless w/ Custom License Bracket.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the help.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SSG Bean View Post
    I went another route all together, but if I remember correctly you can use the 1" block with the 3" esi risers. It's trying to use the 1" block with the 4" risers that gets beyond the available slack in the cables.
    You can. Nancy has the factory 1" and the 3" ESI.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Great forum

I signed on tonight to search for the answer to that exact issue. Had my answer in less than two minutes. So I keep the 1" riser and order the 3" risers.

Now, if I can just remember where I put that pipe cutter I'll be in business.