Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question Stopping for gas

I went on a road trip to TN this past week, and was the only in the group. It seemed that the motorcycles would fill up quickly, and I'd still be waiting for the gas to fill up on my bike. Seems that I had to wait for the gas to pour down in the tank before refilling it so it wouldn't overfill and spill it. Is there some special way of filling your bike up without having to wait for so long for it to fill?

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

How many times did you have the problem your talking about?I fill mine up all the time with no problem.The pump at the stations I go to seem to pump fast like if it was a car filling up and it fills the spyder up rather quickly also.I guess the work I did was good because you made it back from your trip.Did you have any problems with .

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't put the nozzle in too far or it will keep shutting off. Just put it in about an inch and it should fill a little faster for you.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Don't put the nozzle in too far or it will keep shutting off. Just put it in about an inch and it should fill a little faster for you.

Spyder Garage

Mine fills up fast for the first 5 or so gal, but the last half gal takes forever. Small tank and not so great mpg's I need that 1/2 gal.

Spyder Garage

Accidently overfilled my tank a while ago and my fuel gauge went bonkers. Anyone else? As I ran the tank down it returned to normal.

Spyder Garage

Default Black collar.

Here in Missouri, we have the black collars that capture fuel vapor when you put the nozzle in your tank. I always manually pull the black collar back and visually watch the fuel go into my tank. As soon as it starts to spit some drops of fuel back out. I stop putting in fuel and/or pull the trigger ever-so-slightly to slow the flow of fuel into the gas tank. I can get in a few more drops that way. I have never had a problem doing this. I have never overfilled.

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Are your sure? I have three daughters.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur---Mexico View Post
    Are your sure? I have three daughters.
    haahhhahah, priceless.

but seriously I do the same , get about 5.3 in pretty easy.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Not sure if the inch thing will work in Jersey. I filled up there thursday and they have this rubber spring thing that needs compressed or it will not pump. Maybe it was just that particular station. It has to do with the gas vapors not venting to the atmosphere. They also pump it for you but this guy handed me the hose.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.