Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MEET AND GREET

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joeb0716 View Post
    Catniption & I met last Wednesday after work.....

We have this idea that maybe, just maybe, the group might like to short ride up to Mabry Mill on the Parkway. We have a route planned that has mountain climbing with some great rising 90* turns involved. You will have to navigate in 1st gear. This road, Hwy 8 is mostly shaded in the twisty-turny area below Woolwine.

There are also some " covered bridges " that have been restored, one of them being Jacks bridge, which is along side Hwy 8. ( to left of 8) and John White bridge which is a few miles past, but on the right.

Come on catniption, chime in here.....
    Were in!!!!!!!!!! Just want to be able to stop a few times and take some pictures...
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

What time would you estimate we would arrive back in the Greensboro area? I realize the number of stops will make a difference so be generous with estimate. Is the road ok for less experienced Spyder riders? We are looking forward to Saturday.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Meet and Greet

Seems like we need to split up NC...eastern and western. I'm within 20 min of NC or GA, and I don't hear much from the SC forum... So in the interest of the east/west situation I'm in the West end for what it's worth... Glenn aka Big Bird

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Trip times

After meet & greet at Applebee's, depending on number of spyders, Catniption & I would guess 2hrs up to Mabry Mill. Making a few photo stops along the way, add another hour. All told, around 5 to 6 hrs. For the complete trip. Remember this is a guess.... I love taking pictures, so my trips sometimes are long... I have about 25,000 pix up on Flickr.com... From the parkway, to redneck backyard racing, to motocross, to cruise ins.

None of the roads are under construction, max top speeds are 55 mph. Most of the rising turns are in the 10 to 20 mph range... The Parkway max speed is 45 mph.

I class myself as a beginner spyder ryder , so you know I'm going to be careful. I have only 3975 miles on my spyder... Since Feb 2011...

Have a great day,
    Joe B.

Spyder Garage

Default DANG

Well, it's official . I have to go to Bolivia for a job Saturday. Bolivia NC that is. Has to be done Saturday . I was looking forward to meeting and greeting and ryding.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joeb0716 View Post
    Catniption & I met last Wednesday after work.....

We have this idea that maybe, just maybe, the group might like to short ride up to Mabry Mill on the Parkway. We have a route planned that has mountain climbing with some great rising 90* turns involved. You will have to navigate in 1st gear. This road, Hwy 8 is mostly shaded in the twisty-turny area below Woolwine.

There are also some " covered bridges " that have been restored, one of them being Jacks bridge, which is along side Hwy 8. ( to left of 8) and John White bridge which is a few miles past, but on the right.

Come on catniption, chime in here.....
    Catniption's modem is on the fritz, and she's devoting most of her spare time to packing for her big move to SC. But if she mentioned riding, then she's gonna want to ride.

I think we need to all cruise g-boro's downtown after we return, lol! It tickles the pee out of the kids there when 'nip and I do that.

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm back!!! Yep, the ride to the parkway will take some time, but it is a very nice ride. Cruisin' downtown is just fun to watch the expression on people's faces. There is one main road and it isn't but a little over a mile long. Of course that mile is packed with people and cars and bikes.

Bruiser, I hate you have to miss this one. I'm sure there will be more.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Dang, 2Gunns and Bruiser are missing this one. Even though I'll be in SC, I hope there are more opportunities to meet.

Spyder Garage

Parkway/Mabry Mill sounds great ... I'm in for that. Especially the Photo ops! See y'all Saturday at Applebees.
    Sam
    SN 0038 ... Dec, 2007

Spyder Garage

Were driving in Friday evening after I get off work. Looks like it will be in the rain from the forecast that they are showing here. Hopefully when we get down the mountain the weather will be a little better.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and a great ride on Saturday..
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

Plan on being there, look foward to meeting every one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Catniption View Post
    Dang, 2Gunns and Bruiser are missing this one. Even though I'll be in SC, I hope there are more opportunities to meet.
    I really am going to miss not making this, but I'm there in spirit.... take lots of pictures and be sure to post a good group shot. Ryde Safe

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Unless I've missed something, here's the status so far. Regardless of who shows, we will have a great time. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Those who have confirmed and some with caveats:
    Catniption
    Spyderduck
    WildBill6565 + 1 ("Will try our best")
    Hevnbound
    Leslee & Ron
    Fredace
    Spyderjuice
    CanAmMick + 1
    Spyder3rdr (If doesn't have to work)
    Nate01 + 1 (Definitely Nate but depends on Mom-n-law keeping kids if wife can make it?!)
    JoeR0716
    V1Flyer + 1
    kencraft
    Spyderwolf (posted on 7/8 "will have to see how things go?")
    Rafiki2cu

Posted on thread but didn't indicate whether or not will attend:
    Big Bird

REGRETS .... We gonna miss ya'll
    Phantom13Lady .... Family reunion
    WackyDan .... Out of town
    Bruiser .... Work
    2Gunns .... Work

BIG THANK YOU to Catniption for putting this together.
    Last edited by hevnbound; 07-29-2011 at 05:22 PM.
    Sam
    SN 0038 ... Dec, 2007

Spyder Garage

Default NC Meet & Greet

Thanks for the list Sam, it looks like a good turn out. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and going for what looks like a great ride.

Stan
    Happy owner of 2014 White RTS - SE6

Spyder Garage

Will be leaving in about 45 minutes. Looking forward to a nice ride if we don't get rained on before we get out of our area. Tomorrow should be a lot of fun!!!!!!
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

I will be there but will not be able to do the ride. I have a trip to Charleston SC to make tomorrow. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Spyder Garage

My wife and I had a wonderful time today!!!!! It was really nice to meet everyone. Sure would be nice if we had people like all of you to ride with in our area.....

Hopefully we can all get together again and take another ride on the . I'll try get some picture posted hopefully tomorrow after we get home. Looks like it may be a wet trip home, but l would have to say it would be worth every minute of it after meeting all of you.

Remember, if any of you ever come over in our neck of the woods you always have a place to stay. We have plenty of room and were only about 40 minutes from the parkway!!

A big thanks to everyone that had anything to do with putting this together!!!
    Last edited by CanAmMick; 07-30-2011 at 10:15 PM.
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

It was a great time today even though it was very hot. Much thanks to SpyderDuck, Catniption, and JoeB for planning this. North Carolina's loss is South Carolina's gain. Hope all goes well with your move this week, Catniption!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Wonderful time

Our group had an awesome time yesterday and would love to see more come...all in all at Applebees we counted 18 spyders!! AWESOME!! Kudos to the organizers on job well done. Hubbie (hobstopper) and I had a very nice time and enjoyed meeting you all cant wait to see the pics.

Anyone be interested in a meet and greet in Goldhill? I would love to try to arrange something!

til next time,

MRS Hobstopper

Spyder Garage

Many people suggested more Meet & Greets, so go for it. We would come to Goldhill if the date worked for us. Can you "promise" a little cooler weather?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice to see yer.....ter see yer....nice

'Twas good yesterday, wasn't it....I'd not seen so many Spyders in one place before.
    Bein' as I live in Kernersville, the Mt Airy meet will be an up and back thing for me, so is there a convenient meeting place...?

Sorry I didn't make the ride but with the potential of atmospheric prepisitation I decided "No but thankyou."
    Did go to that MC gear store on High Point Road and bought Frog Togs and a decent pair of riding pants.
    New baby Grandneice is doing very well and She'll be home this eve...(not, though, in my house yet).

I took a good bunch of photos yesterday but my four year old digital Rebel has gone on strike. Checked all I could (no user servicable parts.....) and took it to the Best Buy Guru team who pronounced it dead on arrival. I ended up buying a new Canon but it will work on my telescopes and I can control it from the laptop.
    Indy Nascar is gettin' interesting so 'bye fer now.
    Ray

Spyder Garage

Default Really Nice Meet; Perhaps a Breakfast Meet Soon

Surprised to see so many of us, and several close enough to my area that I'm gonna suggest a breakfast meet and ride up towards/into Mts one day soon when the WX breaks a bit. At my age I've become a fair wx rider and the PM temps we're having are too much for me.

If I see what looks reasonable, I might throw it out here on short notice, so keep a watch out. As an alternative, if any of you want to send me your email I can let you know directly.

I'm thinking Winston area, perhaps the K&W cafeteria on Hanes blvd, just off Rt 8, off Rt 52 just N of Winston.

Spyder Garage

We had a great time!! Made it home safely with only one down-pore. It sure was nice to get back home. The highest temperature we saw was 99, and by the time we got home it was 83. Felt great.....Greensboro seems like a nice place, but it sure was hot there. Total trip was 611.8 miles. Already mowed the yard and got my weekend duties done. Think I may take a nap!!

Remember we have room available if any of you ever want to come ride up in our area!!!!
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

I'm in the process of uploading pictures to Photobucket. When they are uploaded I'll post a link so everyone can see them. If anyone wants copies just let me know and I'll email them to you.
    Last edited by CanAmMick; 07-31-2011 at 10:35 PM.
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops