Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MEET AND GREET

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'll be there ... if i'm not working that weekend

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmMick View Post
    I believe we will be there. It's about a 3.5 hour ride for us. Wife said if we get a place to stay over night she would think about going. Can any of you tell us about some good places to stay??? Don't want to wake up the next morning and find our Spyder missing!!!!!

Would also need some good directions......

There are several decent hotels near the airport that would be safe. There are two luxury hotels if you want to be spoiled for a night, but you'll pay $$$$$ for it. Do NOT get anything close to the coliseum or Four Seasons mall. Stay on the west side of Greensboro. There is a nice little place on the same road as Applebee's that has good reviews. It's called Battleground Inn.

Let me know what road you will be comming in on and I will give you directions.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Catniption View Post
    There are several decent hotels near the airport that would be safe. There are two luxury hotels if you want to be spoiled for a night, but you'll pay $$$$$ for it. Do NOT get anything close to the coliseum or Four Seasons mall. Stay on the west side of Greensboro. There is a nice little place on the same road as Applebee's that has good reviews. It's called Battleground Inn.

Let me know what road you will be comming in on and I will give you directions.
    I 40 to I 73N then according to MapQuest then:

Merge onto I-73 N/FUTURE I-840 via EXIT 212B toward BRYAN BLVD/PTI AIRPORT.

Take EXIT 3 toward BRYAN BLVD/PTI AIRPORT. Take the BRYAN BLVD EAST exit toward DOWNTOWN.

Merge onto JOSEPH M BRYAN BLVD.

Take the WESTRIDGE RD exit. Turn RIGHT onto WESTRIDGE RD.

Turn RIGHT onto BATTLEGROUND AVE/US-220. 3200 BATTLEGROUND AVE is on the LEFT.

If you know of a better way than that please let me know...

I really do appreciate you help...

Mick
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll try our best to be there.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I 40 to I 73N then according to MapQuest then:

Merge onto I-73 N/FUTURE I-840 via EXIT 212B toward BRYAN BLVD/PTI AIRPORT.

Take EXIT 3 toward BRYAN BLVD/PTI AIRPORT. Take the BRYAN BLVD EAST exit toward DOWNTOWN.

Merge onto JOSEPH M BRYAN BLVD.

Take the WESTRIDGE RD exit. Turn RIGHT onto WESTRIDGE RD.

Turn RIGHT onto BATTLEGROUND AVE/US-220. 3200 BATTLEGROUND AVE is on the LEFT.

If you know of a better way than that please let me know...

I really do appreciate you help...

Mick

That's the best way. Some people get a little confused with the I40 -I73 thing. Just remember to stay in the righthand lane when you get close to exit 210 on I40, then take exit 212B which will be an "exit only" for the lane you are in. From there, round the clover leaf (which is really fun on a Spyder) and move over to one of the left two lanes. The road is not finished so you have to take the Bryan Blvd exit. Take the first exit that says "downtown", then take the Westridge exit. Turn right onto Battleground (McDonald's will be on the left of this intersection). Applebees is only a couple hundred feet on the left so don't miss it!

Spyder Garage

I will have to see how things go, and what the calendar looks like as we get closer to the 30th. According to Google Maps, it is about a 4.5 hour ryde one way for me.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

That's the best way. Some people get a little confused with the I40 -I73 thing. Just remember to stay in the righthand lane when you get close to exit 210 on I40, then take exit 212B which will be an "exit only" for the lane you are in. From there, round the clover leaf (which is really fun on a Spyder) and move over to one of the left two lanes. The road is not finished so you have to take the Bryan Blvd exit. Take the first exit that says "downtown", then take the Westridge exit. Turn right onto Battleground (McDonald's will be on the left of this intersection). Applebees is only a couple hundred feet on the left so don't miss it!
    Thanks! Since moving to North Carolina we haven't had time to see much of the state, so this trip should be a lot of fun. I believe I saw you at Maggie Valley. Looks like your Spyder:

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...k/DSCN1139.jpg
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

Newer Spyder owner, but I think it would be fun, I will put it on my calendar and see if I can make it out there.
    The future influences the present just as much as the past. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nate01 View Post
    Newer Spyder owner, but I think it would be fun, I will put it on my calendar and see if I can make it out there.
    Hope you get to make it. Should be a lot of fun!!!!!
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks! Since moving to North Carolina we haven't had time to see much of the state, so this trip should be a lot of fun. I believe I saw you at Maggie Valley. Looks like your Spyder:

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...k/DSCN1139.jpg
    woof, I have got to lose wieght before sporting pink camo again

Well, at least the bike looks good

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Of course you can make it, you're practically my neighbor being in WS! Hope to see you then, otherwise just "holla" if you want another spyder to ride with.

Spyder Garage

woof, I have got to lose wieght before sporting pink camo again

Well, at least the bike looks good
    You look great! Remember what really matters is whats in the mind and in your heart!!
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

You look great! Remember what really matters is whats in the mind and in your heart!!

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Greensboro get together

I'll try to be there also...

Spyder Garage

Leslee & Ron Turner will be there. We live about an hour east of Greensboro just south of I-40. If anyone is coming from a good distance and would like to stay with us, we have two twin beds in a bedroom suite with private bathroom. We also have a spare bedroom with a bathroom. You would be welcome to visit and stay overnight.

Spyder Garage

Of course you can make it, you're practically my neighbor being in WS! Hope to see you then, otherwise just "holla" if you want another spyder to ride with.

Yes, I am practically your neighbor, but the issue I have is getting away from the hospital long enough to do anything. I work for Novant Health, or as most people around NC know us, that evil health care company buying all the doctors and hospitals.. I do IT work for a large portion of the hospitals and doctors offices around NC, VA, and SC and we are in the midst of a huge Electronic Health records switch that is taking up a large majority of our time lately. Only reason I get to be around doing anything this weekend is I just came off a week of on-call, so I got the weekend free.
    The future influences the present just as much as the past. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Spyder Garage

Yes, I am practically your neighbor, but the issue I have is getting away from the hospital long enough to do anything. I work for Novant Health, or as most people around NC know us, that evil health care company buying all the doctors and hospitals.. I do IT work for a large portion of the hospitals and doctors offices around NC, VA, and SC and we are in the midst of a huge Electronic Health records switch that is taking up a large majority of our time lately. Only reason I get to be around doing anything this weekend is I just came off a week of on-call, so I got the weekend free.
    Novant saved my baby's life...That is good enough for me!
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Add one more to the list. Prob take 52 to I40 east rather than I85.

Spyder Garage

Hoping that a lot of people show up. We've decided to ride down Friday night and stay till Sunday. Any recommendations on places to visit Sunday before our trip back home????
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

Hoping that a lot of people show up. We've decided to ride down Friday night and stay till Sunday. Any recommendations on places to visit Sunday before our trip back home????
    I would recommend the NC Zoo in Asheboro if you have the time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki2cu View Post
    I would recommend the NC Zoo in Asheboro if you have the time.
    That sounds great. My wife would really enjoy that... Thanks for the info!

We reserved or room for Friday and Saturday night at Battleground Inn. Looking forward to meeting everyone that shows up.
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

well this just blows.... as much as I was looking forward to this weekend, I will not be able to be there. Just got word I've got to travel for work, leaving tomorrow morning and won't return until Saturday.

Sorry guys, I was really wanted to meet you.

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Looks like I should be able to make it, hopefully my mother in law will have our kids and the wife can make it too.

Spyder Garage

Smile

I have a friend in Greensboro with a new black RT and I'm pretty sure he'll be coming also. He doesnt do internet much. We might link up and come togather.

Hope one of you have a Utopia backrest I can look at.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Saturday meet & greet

Catniption & I met last Wednesday after work.....

We have this idea that maybe, just maybe, the group might like to short ride up to Mabry Mill on the Parkway. We have a route planned that has mountain climbing with some great rising 90* turns involved. You will have to navigate in 1st gear. This road, Hwy 8 is mostly shaded in the twisty-turny area below Woolwine.

There are also some " covered bridges " that have been restored, one of them being Jacks bridge, which is along side Hwy 8. ( to left of 8) and John White bridge which is a few miles past, but on the right.

Come on catniption, chime in here.....