Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MEET AND GREET

Spyder Garage

Default MEET AND GREET

Hello fellow Carolina Spyder Ryders! Who's up for planning a meet and greet? Let's get some suggestions for times and places! Fall, perhaps?

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well, Greensboro seems to be a central location. There are decent places to go close by like the NC zoo (one of the best in the nation), pleanty of good restaraunts and some nice country roads. I may even be able to get my friends at the local Applebees to host our event.

Of course if we want more adventurous roads, we may need to meet closer to the mountains.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Catniption View Post
    Well, Greensboro seems to be a central location. There are decent places to go close by like the NC zoo (one of the best in the nation), pleanty of good restaraunts and some nice country roads. I may even be able to get my friends at the local Applebees to host our event.

Of course if we want more adventurous roads, we may need to meet closer to the mountains.
    I agree with Gina. Greensboro is as good a place as any.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

I think this would be great...... I've floated the idea a couple of times. As was suggested to me "Pick a Date/Place/Time and go for it!"

How about end of July? Greensboro works, but I'd vote for dropping south just a bit.... Lexington BBQ YUM !

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

I can do G-boro or Lexington... of course, in Lexington, you'd need to name the place; I have no idea what might be good there. Nip knows a good bit about G-boro... I know nothing (shut up, Nip).

Almost any Saturday would work for me, except for perhaps July 17 (hubby's b-day; he doesn't ride at all).

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile YES

Greensboro sounds good for us!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talked to my pals at Applebees today and the manager said he would be glad to host our event. Just an FYI... on Sunday, July 31 they are having a pancake breakfast. The local churchs put this one to raise money for youth trips, shinny new steeples or whatever. That means the restaraunt will be open early and the regular menu will start at 11 AM. This may be a good option but I figure most people will prefer a Saturday.

Either way, they will open the doors for us whenever we ask them to. Probably manage some half price appetizers too. It's amazing what 6 years of martini buying will get you!

Of course this is just one of many options. I'll go along with whatever is best for the majority. I understand the best Lexington barbeque is found at....Lexington Barbecue, Hwy 29-70S, Lexington!

Spyder Garage

Sorry gang. I have to stick with East Carolina BBQ.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972

Spyder Garage

That's what ya get for trusting the internet, Nip - substandard BBQ.

So far, G-boro seems to be in the lead. I hope more folks pop in!

Spyder Garage

I tend to like ALL BBQ ....vinegar based, mustard based, tomatoe based.... it's all good

Aplebees G-boro sounds like a winner.....with your connections and all

"BOOK IT AND THEY WILL COME"

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Greensboro would work for me. North West of Greensboro on Hwy 68 there is the little town of Oak Ridge. At the intersection of 68 and Oak Ridge Rd there is a small strip mall and in this group of stores is a place called BISTRO. Excellent food and meeting place. I've met there several times for rides. It's away from the traffic and congestion of Greensboro. .... But, Applebees would work also - my only thought here is that if we meet there late enough to eat lunch we won't have much riding time??

North of there (Oak Ridge) is a literal cornucopia of roads; straights, sweepers, twisties, switch-backs .. you name it. e.g. Hwy 8, 66, 40, 58, Lovers Leap, Squirrel Spur, BRP, etc. More than we could do in the time allowed.

However ... I only have Saturday the 30th open in July!!! Aug. 13th & 27th would work also! Sundays don't work for me.

Sure hope I finally get a chance to meet some of you.
    Last edited by hevnbound; 07-02-2011 at 08:45 AM.
    Sam
    SN 0038 ... Dec, 2007

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Good suggestion, HevnBound. I think July 30 is great. Let's narrow down the time and place. For all of the BBQ lovers, we can always head to Lexington after a good day of riding.

I'm wondering what time would be good since many folks may have a long drive.

Spyder Garage

We live in Cary NC and would be happy to meet you all in the greater Greensboro area. Will be very hot late July so cool roads would be nice even if a short ride. We love to eat too!

Spyder Garage

So, do we have a date: July 30th ???

How about the location: Oak Ridge or, Applebees ??

We need a time?? - I could be there anytime since I usually don't sleep much the night before a ride because

Oak Ridge (if that is the choice) is 70 miles from Statesville. That would make it approx 90+ miles from Hickory. Cary is about the same distance.
    Those that live the farthest should probably set the meeting time?
    Sam
    SN 0038 ... Dec, 2007

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Meet and Greet

I would love to ride, but that is the weekend of my family reunion, and I am hosting it. Maybe next time!
    Enjoyed riding with you last weekend, Liz!

Spyder Garage

Out of town late this month thru early August on vacation. Next time.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

So far there is nothing on our schedule for 30 July. We'll be coming from Goldsboro, about 2.5 hours to Greensboro.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972

Spyder Garage

so far July 30th looks doable for me...would be about little over 2 hour ryde

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It's a 2 hour ride for me from Waxhaw too. I'll make it.

Fred
    Happy Spyder Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

okay, I'm gonna make a decision and hope for the best. How about we meet at 11AM at Applebee's on Battleground Blvd on July 30? We can have lunch, hang out and whoever wants to ride for a bit can ride. The address is

3200 Battleground Avenue
    Greensboro, NC 27408-2604
    (336) 282-7100

Google maps shows the new loop from I40. Some GPS don't have it yet. If
    anyone needs specific directions, send me a message.

Spyder Garage

I'm there!
    Sam
    SN 0038 ... Dec, 2007

Spyder Garage

I'm there also.

Stan
    Happy owner of 2014 White RTS - SE6

Spyder Garage

I believe we will be there. It's about a 3.5 hour ride for us. Wife said if we get a place to stay over night she would think about going. Can any of you tell us about some good places to stay??? Don't want to wake up the next morning and find our Spyder missing!!!!!

Would also need some good directions......
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

okay, I'm gonna make a decision and hope for the best. How about we meet at 11AM at Applebee's on Battleground Blvd on July 30? We can have lunch, hang out and whoever wants to ride for a bit can ride. The address is

3200 Battleground Avenue
    (336) 282-7100

OUTSTANDING !
    Hope we have a good turnout.... Thank Catniption for pulling this together.

Spyder Garage

3200 Battleground Avenue
    (336) 282-7100

I can do it!!!!