Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default American Legion Legacy Poker Run - June 25th

American Legion Legacy Poker Run on Saturday, June 25th.

Registration is $20/biker ($10/passenger) starting at 9am.

Start/End Point: American Legion Post 320
    8456 Brock Rd, Spotsylvania, VA 22553

Start Time: 10am-11am

Here's the link: http://www.spotsylvaniapost320.org/s...ar.php#listing

Let me know if you're going!

Spyder Garage

I will see you there.

Spyder Garage

Depends on the weather forecast, we don't have rain gear, YET! Right now it appears that the rain may hold off, if nothing changes I'll be there.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDon View Post
    Depends on the weather forecast, we don't have rain gear, YET! Right now it appears that the rain may hold off, if nothing changes I'll be there.

Yes..ah RAIN!! If it rains I will probably not ride. No rain gear! Let's cross our fingers. I am really excited about meeting some other Spyder ryders.

If it doesn't work out, we should plan on an informal meet and greet in the area and get the word out to others. Just to see what kind of interest we can get. I'm thinking flyers, facebook, spyderlovers.com, etc. to let the local ryders know.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default American Legion Legacy Poker Run June 25th

OE:

Why not set a time to meet at FMS. Then all ride over to this event. Lets us know soonest. Sounds like to good run.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Down Biker Ride (also 25 June)

Apparently, there is a another ride happening in Fredericksburg on June 25th.

The Down Biker Ride, sponsored by Bikers for Christ, is having their registration at FMS (9am Saturday). This is not a poker run but rather a 3-5 hour ride south/south east of Fredericksburg. I believe through Tappahanock. More information is here: http://www.bfcfredericksburg.org/dbr-june.html

I can do either. Does anyone have a preference? I was thinking the poker run would be fun!

BTW I think setting up a place to meet before the ride would be a great idea. Not sure we should meet at FMS if we aren't going on the Down Biker Ride...any thoughts?
    Last edited by OceanEyes; 06-23-2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: more info

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My husband and I were going to do this Poker Run but, we have to be at our post to help decorate the 4th of July parade float.

Spyder Garage

Sorry our Fairfax riders will not be able to join us this time. Look forward to meeting you soon. Ok with meeting at FMS and then deciding which ride we want to do. There maybe other spyder riders there not on Spyderlovers. Because of the number of bikes that could be there I ride as pictured a red SE5 with corbin bags. Wife has said she will ride with me. I think she is more comfortable riding on our spyder after the trip to Maggie Valley. I don't think it will rain, however we purchased rain gear from Sports Authority. Each item comes in a small black bag which serves as a pocket that you stuff the item inside and is very lite and affordable. Quality proven on trip back from NC as I never felt a drop of rain. Product is worth the money spent. See you guys tomorrow at FMS, I plan on being there around 8:45am.

Spyder Garage

Default IN MEMORY OF BONNIE JOELLE BOSGIETER

Copied from IWN2RYD:

Spyder Riders we have lost one of our own, so maybe we can honor her with the ride at FMS.. Just putting it out there.

It is now updated...

Oregon State Police (OSP) troopers are continuing the investigation into Wednesday afternoon's fatal motorcycle-involved traffic crash that resulted in the death of a 51-year old Rogue River-area woman on Highway 140E near Bly east of Klamath Falls. The woman's name is released in this update.

According to OSP Trooper Patrick Irish, on June 22, 2011 at approximately 3:13 p.m. a 1986 Volkswagen Cabriolet two-door convertible driven by PAULA S. MILLER, age 35, from Beatty, was eastbound on Highway 140E attempting to turn left onto Deer Run Road when it was struck in the rear by a 2008 Can Am motorcycle operated by BONNIE JOELLE BOSGIETER, age 51, from Rogue River. The motorcycle was in the process of trying to pass the turning Volkswagen when the collision occurred.

Upon impact, BOSGIETER lost control of her motorcycle and was ejected. She was wearing a protective helmet and was pronounced deceased at the scene. The motorcycle came to rest in the grass along a fence off the highway.
    PAULA MILLER and her two passengers were not injured.

OSP troopers from the Klamath Falls Area Command office are continuing the investigation.

Bly Mountain Fire Department and ODOT assisted at the scene.

Photograph Source: Oregon State Police

### www.oregon.gov/OSP ###

Spyder Garage

Won't be able to make it tomorrow since I'll be working but hope to meet up with everyone at a future ride/event. Glad to see ryders starting to get together in the Fredericksburg area! Wife and I were in MV last week/weekend and met up with a couple from Winchester. I'll try to let them know about the ryde.

Spyder Garage

I'm sticking with the Legacy Ryde.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDon View Post
    I'm sticking with the Legacy Ryde.
    Are you planning to meet up at FMS then ride to the Legacy Poker Run or are you going straight there? Just want to make sure we don't forget anyone!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Mtg at 8:45am FMS for Poker Run

It's sad to hear of the downed Spyder owner in Oregon. I think we all honor her memory by continuing to ryde our Spyders.

I think meeting at FMS at 8:45 then heading to the Poker Run is good. The Down Bikers will be taking donations so if you want to donate to the cause you can while we are there. We can leave from FMS around 9am.

If you plan to meet us at FMS, then ride to the American Legion in Spotsy. let everyone know so we can keep a look out for you.

I will be riding a white Spyder RS with a mono seat cowl and dual exhaust. See my pic!
    Last edited by OceanEyes; 06-24-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Spyder Garage

Legacy Poker Run is good and I will see you all at FMS.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default What a great day!

Thanks to everyone who turned out for the ride. It was a blast. I hope we can get together (with even more Spyders) for more rides in Virginia.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well, I almost made it. Did the parade float decorating and headed down to Spotsy at about 10:30. Got on 95 and we soon realized we were going no where fast. Stand still traffic. Got off at Dumfries and had pretty much the same thing happening on Rt. 1. We finally made the turn onto Courthouse around 2p.m. just a few more miles to go and....my spyder starts choking and bucking and just doesn't want to go.

Look at the screen everything seems normal except, it's blinking through all the gears like it can't make up it's mind which gear it's in. Finally, it says I'm in reverse but I'm still moving (barely) forward... I pull off and my husband pulls in behind me and says, Why are your backup lights on?

Let it sit a bit, restarted, everything looked normal again, pull back onto the road and within a few feet it started happening again. Pulled off and called FMS and spent the next 2 1/2 hours trying to get the 10 miles to the shop. Go a little ways, pull off, sit a few minutes, restart, go a little ways, pull off, sit a few minutes and so on and so on......

They hooked it up to the computer and there were several error codes but, bottom line is, it needs a new gear angle position sensor or some such thing. So now my spyder sits in the shop in Fredricksburg for at least a week. My husbands passenger seat on his Honda isn't big enough for a two yr. old to sit on but, luckily a couple of friends from the Annandale legion were still at the Spotsy legion and rode over to FMS to give me a ride home. Finally made it back to Fairfax about 6:00. And that's how my day went. lol Hope you guys had a much better one on the poker run!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wow...2WCKED...Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble with your Spyder on the way down. I hope it gets fixed soon. Glad you were able to get a ride back home. We would have loved to meet you.

Our ride was good but not without my own little hiccups. My 2010 Spyder RSS is brand new out of the crate (250 mi after today's ride) but it had trouble starting after each stop. SpyderDon thought maybe the battery charge was low. Well sure enough after we got home my husband put it on his trickle charger and it only registered a 25% charge. *shrug* Also, I had to stop very quickly at one point and upon braking the Spyder seemed to "freak out", rev up, and jerk back and forth till I finally stopped. I'm not really sure what that's about. It's happened twice on two separate rides.

Regardless it was a nice day to be out and about. Let's us know when you're back on your wheels. I only live a few miles from FMS so if you're going to be around town feel free to touch base.

Good luck!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default AMERICAN LEGION LEGACY POKER RUN June 25th

OE:

Thanks for volunteering to take the lead (Great Job BTW!) and the tail gunning by your better half (nice ride!). WOW could of not picked a better day to ride with a fine group of people. The poker run was spot on with the destinations they picked. It was also great to put faces with the names that I have seen on the VA form and to finally meet SpyderDon. Hope the ride back for him was as good as the ride to get here for this event. Hopefully in the near future will be able to have another ride and to have more of the VA riders to attend.

Rodger

Spyder Garage

Default AMERICAN LEGION LEGACY POKER RUN June 25th

I concur with Rodger it was in deed a nice day and OceanEye's + 1 did a great job of navigating. However the day was not entirely kind to 2WCKED. I hope you get your spyder back soon from FMS. We are looking forward to meeting more spyder riders.

Spyder Garage

Cheryl and I had a wonderful ryde. It was indeed nice to put faces with a few VA and a MD ryder. Hopefully we'll be able to get together again soon.

Sorry to hear about 2WCKD's troubles and hope you're back in the saddle soon. Know about 95. We started out on 95 S and it was a mess. Got off on 30, what a plesent route, very few cars, just a nice ryde, lucky for us that is closer to home anyway.

The little trip ended up being 234.5 miles, seeing that made me smile.

By the way I screwed up my pictures, had my camera set wrong. Oh well...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

On a side note...I did call FMS and the DPS was never changed as a result of the recall. I have to take it back in to have the DPS replaced. ARGH! I'm going to get it in there early this week so that they can fix it ASAP.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes View Post
    On a side note...I did call FMS and the DPS was never changed as a result of the recall. I have to take it back in to have the DPS replaced. ARGH! I'm going to get it in there early this week so that they can fix it ASAP.

Check on mine while you're there!