Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder 622 trailer question

OK...we have a 2010 Spyder 622 trailer. Traded the 2010 Spyder and now have 2011 Spyder RT-Limited. We have decided to use the trailer and i need to the hitch ordered and installed. Should i be concerned about the fact that the trailer is a 2010 and the bike is 2011....ie any wiring issues r do I need to get a hitch for a 2010 Spyder RT like I had?

Thanks...Duane

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hitch up and enjoy! There should be no differences between the wiring on a 201 &2011 RT622...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The 2010 is pretty much the same as the 2011 except the water management kit needs to be added to the 2010 models to keep any water on the lid from streaming into the storage area when the lid is opened. May be a free kit but the installation by the dealership isn't.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

The 2010 has amber blinkers which I don't think the 2011 has. It might use the brake lights as blinkers. If so, I don't know if this will make a difference, but might be worth investigating.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

The 2011 trailer is wired differently, but the trailer hitch and wiring harness on the Spyder are the same. Everything should work fine.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I was told I was getting a 2011 trailer when we bought our 2011 RT Limited. They claimed no white trailers were anywhere to be had. So they got the correct paint and painted one. It took 24 days to deliver the thing. I was assured I was getting the 2011 trailer even as they delivered it to us. I get to the county and find out I had a 2010. Plus, finger prints and dirt under the clear rock shields as well as crinkled. Plus, the wheel had chipped on each spoke. To add insult to injury the holes for license plates are for a full sized plate instead of the MC size used here.

My dealer laughed off the year issue even though my wife and I made it clear through the entire process that we wanted a 2011 trailer.

I hope to get my trailer back from the dealer today, but will get a temporary license plate fix. BRP's attitude over the license attachment is one that alone would have prevented a trailer sale and possibly the Spyder.

I regret the day I bought the trailer and wish I had one custom built ten miles up the road.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    May be a free kit but the installation by the dealership isn't.
    Depends on the dealer... mine installed it no charge!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retiredsquid View Post
    I was told I was getting a 2011 trailer when we bought our 2011 RT Limited. They claimed no white trailers were anywhere to be had. So they got the correct paint and painted one. It took 24 days to deliver the thing. I was assured I was getting the 2011 trailer even as they delivered it to us. I get to the county and find out I had a 2010. Plus, finger prints and dirt under the clear rock shields as well as crinkled. Plus, the wheel had chipped on each spoke. To add insult to injury the holes for license plates are for a full sized plate instead of the MC size used here.

My dealer laughed off the year issue even though my wife and I made it clear through the entire process that we wanted a 2011 trailer.

I hope to get my trailer back from the dealer today, but will get a temporary license plate fix. BRP's attitude over the license attachment is one that alone would have prevented a trailer sale and possibly the Spyder.

I regret the day I bought the trailer and wish I had one custom built ten miles up the road.
    Custom trailers are no panacea. I had a custom trailer on my trip to Alaska in 2007. It had all kinds of electrical problems which caused the Voltage Regulator on my bike to malfunction. Next the piano hinge that held the top on broke and the top eventually had to be bungeed on. After the Alaska trip I swore off trailers. But the 622 changed my mind. I have about 10,000 mi on it now and no problems (once the water management kit was installed).

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar