Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Although I have not attended any of the three events - the first two by choice of locations, this year because of work - I'll chime in on SD. You all know the value of free advice....

There is only one area in SD that makes sense: the Black Hills/Badlands area. Great scenery and roads in the area. Should have accomodations for tourist traffic. The state is generally motorcycle friendly.

The balance of the state offers the advantage of seeing any heavy weather and storms nearly a day before they would arrive, if you know what I mean. (I grew up on the Dakota Plains.)

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    Although I have not attended any of the three events - the first two by choice of locations, this year because of work - I'll chime in on SD. You all know the value of free advice....

There is only one area in SD that makes sense: the Black Hills/Badlands area. Great scenery and roads in the area. Should have accomodations for tourist traffic. The state is generally motorcycle friendly.

The balance of the state offers the advantage of seeing any heavy weather and storms nearly a day before they would arrive, if you know what I mean. (I grew up on the Dakota Plains.)

Wayne
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Based on the sequence BRP marketing has used to select their Owner's convention, it was interesting to see that they went from large metropolitan cities to a small, middle of bike riding paradise. I would have to agree with Scotty (NancysToy) that Colorado (or anywhere in the middle) would be a nice choice as far as moving the event to rider-friendly areas instead of traffic-infested cities.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post

Wayne

In the Air Force we had a saying; If you're stationed in the Dakotas you can be awol three days and they could still see you.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Just throwing this out there. Like I said I would like it to stay in Maggie Valley for a few reasons.

• First thing that comes to mind is I could still have the BBQ at my place. This has turned into an event on it's own. This is the largest FREE Spyder event other than the Owners Event and every year it gets better. I may still put one on if they move the event this year but it will not be as big for sure, that may be a good thing.
    • The Maggie Valley area has some great riding as you know. It needs to be at least a three day event if they do it again here just to ride the major good roads not counting all the great side roads that you never hear about.
    • If it was in Maggie Valley again next year I'm pretty sure i could setup a vendor area that is not part of BRP. Most vendors will not do events west of the Mississippi, it's just too costly for them.

Now if they do move it to the west coast here are a few spots I have been to and think would work out great.

• Montrose CO- We had our first Valkyrie Rally there and it was a great place to ride. It's a small town and I haven't looked to see if there is a local Spyder dealer but the riding in and around Montrose is great. Really just about anywhere in CO would be fine with me.

• Prescott AZ.- Love the area and it's a biker friendly area. Lot's of places to ride including the Grand Canyon.

• Rapid City SD.- This is some of the best riding in the country. Once again it would need to be at least 3 days just to hit half of what's there to see.

• Moab UT.- Not sure if the town could hold all of us but man what a great place to see and ride. It's like another planet there.

• Yosemite CA.- Had a Valkyrie Rally here and it was another great place to ride and there are plenty of hotels for us. Once again not sure about local dealers but I do know you will love the area for riding.

That's just a few that I've been to but I know there are a lot of great spots on the West Coast for a rally. I don't think you're going to get the numbers you did for Maggie Valley being on the West Coast but the only way to tell is to have it there. I'm sure I'll go wherever it is just to get my license plate.

Spyder Garage

Loved MV as the location. I agree it needs to be more rural. Chicago is nice (my birthplace) but I loved riding to and from MV. A three day event would be nice, Saturday was kind of tough with the rain.
    Thanks BRP I had a great time and will try to make 2011 where ever you have it.
    Very Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

OMG !!! I maxed out my credit card by noon on Monday, what would I have done if there had been vendors in MV

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Niagra Falls Slowly I turn step by step .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    but I can understand if they want to move it around.

The best part for me is being able to do the Lamonster BBQ as side part of the event and if I knew that it would be there again next year I might be able to have an area setup for vendors that were not part of the BRP official event but would give us all a place to visit for Spyder related products in Maggie Valley for those dates.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yfactor View Post
    More vendors would be great

arntufun

Move it out of North Carolina so the Spyders won't get stolen next year !!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Niagra Falls Slowly I turn step by step .
    I would like that.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

If they moved it to Lake George during Americade, they would have a thousand spyders there. Vendors are already there and just as good of riding as Maggie Valley/Gatlinburg and LOTS more to do. Largest touring event in the country.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile Lone Wolf

It would be nice to have other vendors there, such as electronics, foot pegs, etc. Also if they have techs to install them. My wife and I had a spectacular time!! It's a beautiful area, It is close to my home, so it's great for us. I think that BRP did a great job. Looking forward to next year.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    If they moved it to Lake George during Americade, they would have a thousand spyders there. Vendors are already there and just as good of riding as Maggie Valley/Gatlinburg and LOTS more to do. Largest touring event in the country.
    I'm not so sure that coinciding events is such a good idea, but I Absolutely agree on the location.

I'm going to try for the Adirondack event, at least the Friday dinner and the Saturday events.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    You are soooooo weird.
    You only say that because you didn't get to try a cup of his eye opening java!!
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Not Maggie Valley

As pretty as MV is, that is not a friendly biker community when you get wiht the locals and hear what they have to say. Why go to a meet if vendors are not allowed to be part of it.

I absolutely agree about having a reception the night before with the band, and then follow the next morning with organized and well planned rides the next day. Cuba (CowTown) was fantanstic - great model to use.

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Do you have any suggestions for next years owners event??? A couple come to mind for me. Start registration and clothing tent earlier in the day. Have the band play on Friday night. As former band members, it's not much fun playing to an empty tent. I heard comments about door prizes. Anyone else. Lets help make the next one better. Oh, PLEASE, keep it civil.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    It would be nice to have other vendors there, such as electronics, foot pegs, etc. Also if they have techs to install them. My wife and I had a spectacular time!! It's a beautiful area, It is close to my home, so it's great for us. I think that BRP did a great job. Looking forward to next year.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I'm not so sure that coinciding events is such a good idea, but I Absolutely agree on the location.

I'm going to try for the Adirondack event, at least the Friday dinner and the Saturday events.
    50,000 Bikers, don't think another 500 spyders would be noticed, besides Roaring Brook Ranch is now available. Americade stopped using it because of the hills and some 2 wheelers having problems. That's were Canam started there demo rides from in previous years. Not a problem for Spyders.
    Happy Spyder Owner

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

I'd love to have the Owner's Event once again at MV mainly because I'd love to go to the Carolina's AND to Lamont's bbq. The last two years, I didn't own a spyder, this year I do but due to other commitments, I couldn't make it. So I'd like to go at least once. We've heard really great things about Lamont's bbq!!!!!!!!!!

Too far out west and that would knock us out, but IF it's Colorado, SD, NM...it'd be doable for us. We LOVE SD and we've been to Sturgis 3 years in a row (plus we didn't own any kind of bike then either)...of course, we also went the week before the rally and stayed in Rapid City. The roads and countryside are sooooooo beautiful in the Black Hills. LOL A suggestion though...if you do choose SD, please consider having it in June or early July. The prices (in late July and the first two weeks in August) near the Sturgis Rally are WAY out of sight.

My 2 cents.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post

We don't want to clash with another event. Not only would you have competition with the other event, you stand the chance of overloading the available facilities, not to mention the traffic issues. And, dare I say, maybe even some dustups.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    We don't want to clash with another event. Not only would you have competition with the other event, you stand the chance of overloading the available facilities, not to mention the traffic issues. And, dare I say, maybe even some dustups.
    I can understand why you would want to keep it in North Carolina, but this is where we disagree. I don,t look at it as being two events, but as one made better with is what this thread is about. Your other comments are very funny, but until you know what Lake George and Americade are all about, please do not speculate.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Man Rnet that a great idea ! We would get all kinds of people from Quebec as well, tons of dealers and venders.

I couldn't belive the amount of we saw this year .

Love Americade and some awsome roads to boot .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

I totally agree with Lamont. A rally in the west would go a long way to marketing the Spyder brand west of the Mississippi. Prescott AZ. is a beautiful place and their are some great rides there. Also, a great CanAm dealer is there and Phoenix is less than 80 miles away. Hope BRP considers it.

Spyder Garage

I can understand why you would want to keep it in North Carolina, but this is where we disagree. I don,t look at it as being two events, but as one made better with is what this thread is about. Your other comments are very funny, but until you know what Lake George and Americade are all about, please do not speculate.

I'm not neccessarily for keeping it in NC. And I do know what Lake George and Americade are about. Sorry if I upset you.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972