Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    Have the dinner plans for the 2 nights been decided?
    Which two nights? Friday night in St. Ignace for anyone who wanted to join us was in the initial post to this thread. Its called the Village Inn. Thursday night in Davison I was thinking of a little local place called Scotti's for us to get Gene a coney dog. I taste tested them this past week and it was good.
    Last edited by bjt; 08-08-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    .....Sunday when you guys are heading south--- let me know if any of you want to meet up for dinner somewhere .....would be nice to see you all (well -- maybe not Gene--- but the rest of you!)
    We might be interested in this, too, depending on the timing. I have surgery the following day, so I don't want to abuse myself by eating too far off schedule (or off my dietary restrictions).
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Which two nights? Friday night in St. Ignace for anyone who wanted to join us was in the initial post to this thread. Its called the Village Inn. Thursday night in Davison I was thinking of a little local place called Scotti's for us to get Gene a coney dog. I taste tested them this past week and it was good.
    I was thinking of Friday and Saturday. So Saturday is kind of play it by ear??
    Coney sounds good on Thursday. Will call when we get there.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    I was thinking of Friday and Saturday. So Saturday is kind of play it by ear??
    Coney sounds good on Thursday. Will call when we get there.
    Depending on how the Village Inn was on Friday, I was thinking of eating there Saturday night as well. The menu looks good and has a nice variety. However, as Debbie stated in one of her posts, we are doing things in a relaxed manner with no strict itinerary. If you (or I) felt like eating McDonalds on Saturday night while others found someplace else, that would be fine. Last time we did this event, the hotel owners let people use their BBQ grill and cook burgers, dogs, steaks, etc. on Saturday so that is another option if anyone wanted to buy a few groceries and cook out.

I was just thinking that I might want to go across the bridge Saturday night and eat at the Bridgeview Diner since I had a good time the last time Debbie and I ate there.

EDIT: After going through his Facebook page, I am officially going to eat at the Bridgeview Diner on Saturday.
    Last edited by bjt; 08-08-2011 at 09:30 AM.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTGENE View Post
    Sure would be nice to see someguy and 8legs--maybe dinner Sunday.
    Dinner sounds good,as long as it isn't too late! Would love to see you all again. Sounds like fun...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Been fighting an infection for a week now, hoping to get better by Friday so Devl and I can go on this ride. We may be forced to meet folks up there on Friday. I have been following the thread all week didn't want to but in but . If your looking for a place to eat on Sat. in Newberry check out Tmber Charlies just as your coming into town on 123 cross the tracks and look right.

On Sat. evening dinner the Mackinaw Grill is great for a sit down but for the best burger in the State go to Clydes Drive Inn just west of the Bridge on 2, Big C burger is a must for the "hearty" eater.

IMG_3770.jpg

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTaz View Post
    Been fighting an infection for a week now, hoping to get better by Friday so Devl and I can go on this ride. We may be forced to meet folks up there on Friday. I have been following the thread all week didn't want to but in but . If your looking for a place to eat on Sat. in Newberry check out Tmber Charlies just as your coming into town on 123 cross the tracks and look right.

On Sat. evening dinner the Mackinaw Grill is great for a sit down but for the best burger in the State go to Clydes Drive Inn just west of the Bridge on 2, Big C burger is a must for the "hearty" eater.

IMG_3770.jpg
    i was also told that timber charlies was a good place to eat.......just 2cents

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Can't wait the trip

Lynda and I cant wait. We are planing on driving up 131 to 55 to houghton lake in the morning. My phone number is 269-816-1854 and I can recieve calls on the bike. Would it be better to meet in tawas or in grayling? Either way is fine with us. jim

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redshooter700 View Post
    Lynda and I cant wait. We are planing on driving up 131 to 55 to houghton lake in the morning. My phone number is 269-816-1854 and I can recieve calls on the bike. Would it be better to meet in tawas or in grayling? Either way is fine with us. jim
    Who were you meeting? Our group isn't going through Grayling but we are going through Tawas.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redshooter700 View Post
    Already have a planned stop in Tawas so that would be best. It limited the stops that way and gets us north just a little quicker. I figure we will already have a few pull offs just to show off the state for our out of towners.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Already have a planned stop in Tawas so that would be best. It limited the stops that way and gets us north just a little quicker. I figure we will already have a few pull offs just to show off the state for our out of towners.
    Any chance we're stopping at the cheese mouse in Pinconning? I liked the free samples there.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Any chance we're stopping at the cheese mouse in Pinconning? I liked the free samples there.
    Do you two live together or not?

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Do you two live together or not?

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Funny.

2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

With our work schedules, especially this week, we are sometimes like twoships that pass in the night. Good thing we have SpyderLovers to keep track of each other.

Spyder Garage

Default AT LAST-----WAKE UP AND GO

Tomorrow morning is the big day. Headed north cannot get there soon enough------ITS CONEY DOG TIME.

Will someone remind me ----"don't look down" when we go over the Mackinaw bridge.

See "use" guys Friday.

Checked the Michigan weather and its in the 60's at night and almost 80 during the day.
    Good planning DEB.

Spyder Garage

Tomorrow morning is the big day. Headed north cannot get there soon enough------ITS CONEY DOG TIME.

Will someone remind me ----"don't look down" when we go over the Mackinaw bridge.

See "use" guys Friday.

Checked the Michigan weather and its in the 60's at night and almost 80 during the day.
    Good planning DEB.
    Looking down while riding over the grating on the bridge is part of the excitement. It almost disappears when you're going 40mph.

Can't wait to have "all y'all" up here.
    Last edited by bjt; 08-09-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

See "use" guys Friday.

Good planning DEB.
    Aren't you planning on coming in Thursday night. Planning on Coney Dog Thursday night, I think. Janet & I should be checking into the motel, mid afternoon on Thursday.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Default Play time never comes fast enough

OOOOOOPS-----a natural retiree error----six Saturdays and one Sunday. So mid week is a bit confusing.
    Game plan is :
    Spend Wednesday night in Saint Joesph. Take a leisurely ride up the west cost until Flint is due East then take all back roads to Davidson arrive around noon.
    I am ready -----packed and loaded the Spyder this afternoon.
    Now I am just watching the clock.
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

I can not wait for everyone to get here and then the ride north. I get home from work Thurs. morning about 10:30 am I plan on doing my workout and then taking a little nap so I can meet everyone for dinner Thurs night. If it isn't too late and the weather is good, we can all come back to the house for a Bon Fire that evening to relax before the morning ride. The weather has been great, not too hot during the day and great sleeping weather at night. We have had some rain but I do believe by the weekend and then heading north we are going to be missing anything else. I so need a trip with no rain.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

OOOOOOPS-----a natural retiree error----six Saturdays and one Sunday. So mid week is a bit confusing.
    Game plan is :
    Spend Wednesday night in Saint Joesph. Take a leisurely ride up the west cost until Flint is due East then take all back roads to Davidson arrive around noon.
    Gene,

Enjoy the ride tomorrow and be safe.

St Joe is in my neck of the woods. It's a nice town, enjoy your stay over.

Mark
    Last edited by mxz600; 08-09-2011 at 09:03 PM.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

I can not wait for everyone to get here and then the ride north. I get home from work Thurs. morning about 10:30 am I plan on doing my workout and then taking a little nap so I can meet everyone for dinner Thurs night. If it isn't too late and the weather is good, we can all come back to the house for a Bon Fire that evening to relax before the morning ride. The weather has been great, not too hot during the day and great sleeping weather at night. We have had some rain but I do believe by the weekend and then heading north we are going to be missing anything else. I so need a trip with no rain.
    Deb,

You may need a trip with no rain, I just need a vacation. I am getting beat down, we have been crazy busy at work. I am so looking forward to a week off and it starts Friday.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

OOOOOOPS-----a natural retiree error----six Saturdays and one Sunday. So mid week is a bit confusing.Game plan is :Spend Wednesday night in Saint Joesph. Take a leisurely ride up the west cost until Flint is due East then take all back roads to Davidson arrive around noon.I am ready -----packed and loaded the Spyder this afternoon. Now I am just watching the clock.
    Gene what "back road" are you planning on taking to Flint? Leonard Street is a beautiful ride from the lake shore to the Grand Rapids area. Grand River Dr./Riverview Dr. are really nice from GR to Ionia. M-21 isn't bad from Ionia to the greater Flint area. And be sure to plug DAVISON in your GPS not Davidson or you may never get to the right place. If you are coming anywhere near Lowell we'd love to have you stop by for lunch or a refreshment of your choice. We are two hours to Davison via the expressway. My cell is 616-340-9895.

2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Game plan is :
    Gene, I wish I could catch up with you while you are on our side of the state, but I don't want to slow you down. Maybe another time. I wish we could have done this trip, but the cards were stacked against us, and my surgery Monday was the straw that broke the camels back. Godspeed to all!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Pay back

Ms. AnnI just pulled up photo's of Lowell----the Internet is wonderful.-----Ms. Virginia wants me to take 21 and lots of pictures.
    Ms.V and her sister will be in Saugatuck for a week next month.
    When I get near Grand Rapids I'll give you a call-----I owe your a diet Coke.
    See you Thursday
    Beyond happy SpyderLover