Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButchA2025 View Post
    Is anyone coming from Minnesota or Wisconsin? Butch might let me swipe his spyder so I can go (he can't get the time off) and it would be nice to meet up with someone coming across from this way.
    I think you should call Kelly and get her to go with you.

Also, if anyone needs a place to stay either Thursday or Sunday night you are more than welcome to stay with us. We are only about 2 hours from the starting point for Friday morning.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the offer, but I most likely will come across the UP along Lake Michigan then join you at the bridge (I'd cross it twice!) if all goes well. I did think about checking with Kelly, maybe I will. I'll keep you posted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Hi Deb,
    Joan and I will be in Harrison, Michigan prior to the weekend and plan on leaving from there to meet at Mackinaw City. Do you have a planned meeting place there. We will be running up US-127 from Harrison, so if anyone is coming that way and wants to join up, lets us know. It's going to be fun
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RLS View Post
    Hi Deb,
    Joan and I will be in Harrison, Michigan prior to the weekend and plan on leaving from there to meet at Mackinaw City. Do you have a planned meeting place there. We will be running up US-127 from Harrison, so if anyone is coming that way and wants to join up, lets us know. It's going to be fun
    Bob
    Bob, I plan on being in the parking lot on the south east side of the bridge between 3:30 and 4:00 so that we can all cross over together. Can't wait to see you two again and looking forward to seeing Damion too.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    There are a number of choices of places to stay on Thursday night if you are staying over near Flint before the meet up on Friday morning. Just north of I-69 and off the Miller Rd Exit on I-75 is a Comfort Inn, Super 8 and Red Roof Inn. For a little bit nicer places, just south of I-69 on the I-75/23 exchange at Hill Rd or Gateway Center, you have a Holiday Inn, Residence Inn and Marriott. If you want to continue east of Flint on I-69 about 6 miles from our house is a Comfort Inn in Davison MI and we could all ride up to Nord Ride together. This Comfort Inn is just north off of Exit 145 on I-69. This Comfort Inn has better reviews than the one in Flint and has plenty of places around it to eat as well. If I was going to pick one, I think I would lean toward the Comfort Inn in Davison. There is a Baymont on I-75 off Pierson Rd. I don't know a lot about this hotel but the area is a bet iffy. You don't want to be on the east side of the expressway exit at night over there, that is for sure. If you stay on the west side, you should be okay and there are some places to eat there as well. A little further south of I-69 just off I-75 at the Holly Rd. exit there are two decent places also. Here you will find a Holiday Inn Express and another Comfort Inn. This is about 8 miles the other direction from our house with easy access to the expressway. Just let us know where everyone is staying and we can try to get together for dinner on Thursday night if it works out. We did tell Gene afterall that we need to get him a real Coney Dog.
    I just made reservations at the Comfort Inn in Davison on Lapeer RD. I hope that is the right one.
    I hope others who are coming in Thursday evening will join us.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    I just made reservations at the Comfort Inn in Davison on Lapeer RD. I hope that is the right one.
    I hope others who are coming in Thursday evening will join us.
    That is the correct one Dick.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RLS View Post
    Hi Deb,
    Bob

Bob and Joan

Looking forward to see you guys..... Jason

Spyder Garage

Default Davison Comfort Inn

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    That is the correct one Dick.
    Jim and Nancy Van Cise and I will be staying at the Davison Comfort Inn also. Looking forward to the weekend.

ken tompkins

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kentompkins View Post
    Jim and Nancy Van Cise and I will be staying at the Davison Comfort Inn also. Looking forward to the weekend.

ken tompkins
    Yeah, it's a party!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Deb you should all go to Luckys for dinner and eat a bunch of that delicious fresh warm bread. Ymmmm good. Almost better than bacon.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Deb you should all go to Luckys for dinner and eat a bunch of that delicious fresh warm bread. Ymmmm good. Almost better than bacon.

I've ate at Lucky's two times now and it was okay but it wasn't anymore of a destination dinner for me than going to Applebee's or the like. Maybe I've been ordering the wrong thing.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    I've ate at Lucky's two times now and it was okay but it wasn't anymore of a destination dinner for me than going to Applebee's or the like. Maybe I've been ordering the wrong thing.
    Lucky's is my favorite place to eat either the Fenton or Clio restaurants are the best for me...I think their stuffed grupper with lobster sauce it is the best I've ever had.

but food is a personal taste anyone should be able to cook a steak...but a dish now that's what I'm talking about.

I like their bread too.... and Lucky's ale is pretty good too.

Spyder Garage

Default Thursday afternoon at the Comfort Inn.

Well I got a room at the Comfort Inn----I may have misunderstood-----she asked if I was a senior??
    I graduated High School a long time ago-----but I said yes anyway. So she gave me the $84.00 a night rate.
    I get two Queen size beds----If I want 1 king size bed its $93.00-------I'm stumped why its more for one bed than two beds.
    This is going to be and adventure and I can't wait to learn more Michigan customs.
    Gene

Ms. Deb I'm bringing a lunch pail for the hot dog you told me about.
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

Default Meet up along 23

Deb, Connie and I will be coming over on 55 Friday morning from Houghton Lake. When do you think the group will be going through Tawas City/East Tawas? We will plan on being there waiting for you. If this is not a good place to hook up let me know the place and time.

Mark G.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    Deb, Connie and I will be coming over on 55 Friday morning from Houghton Lake. When do you think the group will be going through Tawas City/East Tawas? We will plan on being there waiting for you. If this is not a good place to hook up let me know the place and time.

Mark G.
    This is the same thing I told Buck (DragonSnake), they are coming that way too. Tawas City is a great place to meet you. It is an excellent place for a fuel stop from where we are starting for folks driving an RT. There is a Subway just north of the intersection of 55 & 23, I for on will need a quick bite to eat (diabetic) and that is the closest to fast food I want to tackle. There is also a McDonalds and Burger King within a mile for others that don't want Subway. I figure we will be there around noon based on Google Maps times. ( allow some leeway here please) So we can plan on that. I will have my cell phone with me as well. My number is 810-625-8081 and I can receive calls while driving with my Sena unit, provided I have a signal. Looking forward to the trip and seeing everyone.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Brian I don't remember what any of their food tastes like except for the bread. And I usually ate so much bread I didn't have room for anything else.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Brian I don't remember what any of their food tastes like except for the bread. And I usually ate so much bread I didn't have room for anything else.
    Like when I go to Red Lobster and fill up on their Cheddar Bay Biscuits before the meal comes....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Like when I go to Red Lobster and fill up on their Cheddar Bay Biscuits before the meal comes....
    Exactly! Don't forget Olive Garden's bread sticks.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Only 2-1/2 more weeks. I'm ready, I really think this will be a good time.

Spyder Garage

Only 2-1/2 more weeks. I'm ready, I really think this will be a good time.
    And I've got so much to do and so little time. I'm working seven days a week and falling way behind on my yard work. The Spyder needs the 12000 mile service and a new back tire.

I will focus on the Spyder and get it ready for the trip. I really don't care about the yard at this point.

I am so looking forward to this ride because it's going to be a blast and it's also the start of my vacation.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This Thursday thru Sunday, I am doing the lower peninsula of Michigan coastline on my HD triglide with a few HD buddies. In 2 and 1/2 weeks I will be on my brand new RSS with the Spyderlovers group to go to the UP which I cant wait to do.Those trips will be my longest on either bikes. Will be an interesting comparison. Looking forward to both rides or is it rydes!!
    Last edited by mvengineer; 07-25-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

Looks like you'all are going to have one heck of a ride. Best of luck on the weather and be safe. If possible could you take alot of pics along the route and some road signs or markers so we know where you are at. and don't forget the group shots so we know who all went. We would love to join you but I don't think we could make it up there in time. besides work rules. Have fun CJ

Hand grips
    GPS holder
    Buttler mug holder
    Running lights front and rear
    12V plug in
    Graphics

Spyder Garage

Default Do I have your number?

Ms. Deb
    What about sharing cell numbers on our 3x3 trip.
    If you have a helmet that can receive phone calls and the need arises you have all the numbers on paper folded up in your wallet. It could be used to gather strays or for us to find our lost leader.
    smile

So if you have a number you would like to add:
    1. Deb 810-625-8081
    2. Gene 314-541-5969

nine days and a wake up-----headed north.DSCN2178.jpg
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTGENE View Post
    Ms. Deb
    What about sharing cell numbers on our 3x3 trip.
    If you have a helmet that can receive phone calls and the need arises you have all the numbers on paper folded up in your wallet. It could be used to gather strays or for us to find our lost leader.
    smile

So if you have a number you would like to add:
    1. Deb 810-625-8081
    2. Gene 314-541-5969

nine days and a wake up-----headed north.DSCN2178.jpg
    Gene,
    That cellphone of your looks a little old.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I'm In!

Deb, I am going to join the ride! I will be coming across WI and the UP though, so I will meet you all on the south side of the bridge and ride across with the whole group (I'll ride it twice in the same day!).
    --Paula
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12