Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Va. Chapter Spyder Riders Club

Does anyone know if a Va. Club already exist? Or, if you are interested in such a club. Please post so that we can get this off and rolling. Once rider express interest our first meeting place can be established. It will serve as a meet and greet to appoint positions,rules, you know the nessessary things involved. It will be a friendly club of people that just like to ride, discover new places and make new friends and mostly have fun enjoying their Spyders.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a plan. There has got to be enough talent in the commonwealth to put this together.

Hell, a meet and greet sounds good to me.

Indian Land, SC (30 miles S of Charlotte, NC) was Spotsylvania, VA
    Spyder Garage

Default VA Spyder

I might be interested.
    Keep me in the loop.

Spotsylvania, VA
    HokieV

2015 RTS Intense Red Pearl (New Jan. 2016) - Comfort Heated Seat w/Backrest, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, superbrightled.com Brake Light Strobe, TricLED fender lights w/Blinker Module & Turn Signal Strips, Stebel Nautilus Horn, FOBO TPMS, Spydercuff, Dual USB outlet, Bike Barn.

Previous - 2011 RT Limited.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sounds good to me! I've seen a guy on a silver spyder drive by near my neighborhood the last two days. I think it would be great to have a meet and greet so we know whose riding around. Hoping to take mine out tomorrow for a spin.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Does anyone know if a Va. Club already exist? Or, if you are interested in such a club. Please post so that we can get this off and rolling. Once rider express interest our first meeting place can be established. It will serve as a meet and greet to appoint positions,rules, you know the nessessary things involved. It will be a friendly club of people that just like to ride, discover new places and make new friends and mostly have fun enjoying their Spyders.
    I would certainly be interested in something like this. I live about 30 min from mm 160 on BRP and am a few hours from most of the people posting here, but meeting someplace down the road is good with me. I was hoping to meet you in MV but as you know there were a lot of spyders and little time. You seem to want to get a lot of Va events started and I am all for that. I went to bike week in Daytona this spring and met a lot of those Fl people, they took us in, did some rides and made us feel very welcome. We made some very good friends. They have a very active forum and I thought it would be nice to be a part of something like that.I would love to see Va people get something going.

Rudy

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The only Spyder group I am aware of in this area is the Mid-Atlantic Spyder Ryders: http://www.meetup.com/Mid-Atlantic-SpyderRyders/

They encompass MD, VA, DC, PA, WV and DE.

So what's the next step?

Were the clubs at MV solely Spyder Ryders or did they let others ride too. Just curious...My husband rides a chopper and would love to ride a long. Actually on a side note, the last ride I went on was myself on my Spyder, my husband on his chopper, and his friend on a Buell. We were quite the eclectic group.

Spyder Garage

I brought my Spyder over a year ago. We went to SITS, Daytona Bike Week, Spyderfest in Cuba and MV. We have rode with a lot of Spyder people from all over North America and everyone of them makes every effort to make every rider of anything welcome at every event and on any ride. There were a lot of riders at the Spyder event at MV on all types of 2,3, and 4 wheel vehicles. Since I have been going to these events I have been amazed at how friendly the Spyder people are and how welcome they make riders of everything feel.
    Rudy

Spyder Garage

I personally don't mind if a scooter rider wanted to ride alone. I just love riding and is hoping to generate a group of spyder riders. I see groups of GW, Harley, BMW, and so on. I don't see groups of spyder riders. I see one here and there. I've been to several area events and I see one or two spyders maybe. The goal here is the have a loyal band of spyder riders. Let's show the cycle world that we love our machines too. And that the Spyder Roadster is here to stay. Make way for the new breed of riders. I'm proud to be part of a new generation of cycle riders. The spyder is special in many ways. It allows just about everyone that ever dreamed of riding a motorcycle the opportunity to do so. I feel good when people come up to me and ask can I ride one of those. So let's all be ambassadors for the future spyder riders. Let's get them off the porches, couches, and their behinds and put them on spyders and let them feel the joy and excitment that we feel when riding our spyders. And if riders of other makes and models want to ride alone (welcome) I say.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cal777777 View Post
    I brought my Spyder over a year ago. We went to SITS, Daytona Bike Week, Spyderfest in Cuba and MV. We have rode with a lot of Spyder people from all over North America and everyone of them makes every effort to make every rider of anything welcome at every event and on any ride. There were a lot of riders at the Spyder event at MV on all types of 2,3, and 4 wheel vehicles. Since I have been going to these events I have been amazed at how friendly the Spyder people are and how welcome they make riders of everything feel.
    Rudy
    Maggie Valley was a blast even with the storms. Riding the Tail of the Dragon with a mixture of bikes made for a lot of enjoyment. At the local bike night my son and I are the only Spyders there but the Spyders draw a lot of attention.

Glo Ryders {4 sets (Blue, Red, Orange, Pink) I swap out}
    Rear Trunk Liner ......... Seal Floorboards
    Rear Trunk Shelf
    Corbin Heated Seat
    extra 12V plug
    Elka shocks
    White/Red fender lights
    Bump/skid
    Baker Wind Wings
    Honey Burl Dash Kit

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default VA CHAPTER SPYDER RIDERS CLUB

I LIVE IN THE LOWE END OF VA NEAR FANCY GAP ON BRP AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A CLUB WHERE I COULD MEET OTHER SPYDER RIDERS AND HAVE PEOPLE TO RIDE WITH IF THERE IS ANYONE IN THE LOWER END OF VA!! \JOAN

Spyder Garage

I will be near Staunton, VA once we move in about 3 1/2 weeks....Looking forward of getting out of the expensive state of NY!

I will be interested in exploring some of the great roads in VA and West VA.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    I personally don't mind if a scooter rider wanted to ride alone. I just love riding and is hoping to generate a group of spyder riders. I see groups of GW, Harley, BMW, and so on. I don't see groups of spyder riders. I see one here and there. I've been to several area events and I see one or two spyders maybe. The goal here is the have a loyal band of spyder riders. Let's show the cycle world that we love our machines too. And that the Spyder Roadster is here to stay. Make way for the new breed of riders. I'm proud to be part of a new generation of cycle riders. The spyder is special in many ways. It allows just about everyone that ever dreamed of riding a motorcycle the opportunity to do so. I feel good when people come up to me and ask can I ride one of those. So let's all be ambassadors for the future spyder riders. Let's get them off the porches, couches, and their behinds and put them on spyders and let them feel the joy and excitment that we feel when riding our spyders. And if riders of other makes and models want to ride alone (welcome) I say.
    Well said! I totally agree that it would be great to have a group of Spyder ryders who could come together for rides, poker runs, or bike shows to let others see what 3 wheels can offer! I've had tons of women ask me if they can sit on it and I typically say SURE! You should see their faces light up when the realize they too could actually ride (by themselves) on the open road.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Safety and Group Riding

I was thinking it would be great to have a Spyder Safety Day and BBQ. It's been done in other places but I thought it was a great idea for us Virginia Spyder ryders. If possible, maybe we could have one of the dealerships (like FMS or Coleman) to host. If you happen to know a dealership that may be interested in hosting a VA Spyder Safety Day, let us know so we can get the ball rolling!

I found a great brochure on ride safety including proper group riding (hand signals, positioning). As more and more of us come together for rides in Virginia, I think this will be helpful. Check it out!!!

http://sranorcalbayarea.club.officel...20Brochure.pdf

BTW I was doing some research and there is a Spyder Ryder of America group on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spyder-Ryder-of-America/149472041762152 They have chapters across the country. This maybe a good starting point.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default FB Page For Spyder Riders in VA

Hey folks, I just created a FB page for us VA Spyder Ryders. Didn't see one out there so I created it. Feedback?

Spyder Ryders of the Old Dominion

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Facebook!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardawg View Post
    Hey folks, I just created a FB page for us VA Spyder Ryders. Didn't see one out there so I created it. Feedback?

Spyder Ryders of the Old Dominion

Awesome!!!

Spyder Garage

Glad to see you like the brochure I put out and our idea of a safety day and BBQ. We had a great success with it. Contact me if you have any questions about our group or our event.

Happy Spydering!!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes View Post
    I was thinking it would be great to have a Spyder Safety Day and BBQ. It's been done in other places but I thought it was a great idea for us Virginia Spyder ryders. If possible, maybe we could have one of the dealerships (like FMS or Coleman) to host. If you happen to know a dealership that may be interested in hosting a VA Spyder Safety Day, let us know so we can get the ball rolling!

I found a great brochure on ride safety including proper group riding (hand signals, positioning). As more and more of us come together for rides in Virginia, I think this will be helpful. Check it out!!!

http://sranorcalbayarea.club.officel...20Brochure.pdf

BTW I was doing some research and there is a Spyder Ryder of America group on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spyder-Ryder-of-America/149472041762152 They have chapters across the country. This maybe a good starting point.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

I'm not big into Facebook but I've joined the group. Hopefully this will get the word out to more people.

WARDAWG

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDon View Post
    I'm not big into Facebook but I've joined the group. Hopefully this will get the word out to more people.

WARDAWG
    Not to worry! Facebook is just an added media to contact interested Virginia Spyder ryders. Rest assured any information regarding a VA Chapter will be posted in this forum as well.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I do not know of any spyder clubs but would be interested in joining

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome Spyder 2011

Spyder 2011 as soon as we get things rolling on the chapter. We will post here and on facebook. So keep checking the Virginia Forum.

Spyder Garage

Default Virginia Riders

I am new at this forum stuff but, I am ready to ride. Warrenton, Va.

Spyder Garage

Default VA Spyder riders

RT S located in Richmond, VA with a friend that rides a BMW trike. Go2lkg
    GO2LKG in Richmond, VA

• 2014 RT Limited Cognac SE6 Mods: BRP backrest, WrapMySpyder graphics, saddle bag cargo nets
    • TRADED 2011 RT-S Graphite Gray SM5 Mods: Personalized graphics, Zumo 550, ISIC foot boards, Spyder Pop heat mods, Utopia backrest, saddle bag cargo nets
    • TRADED 2008 RS Silver SM5 Mods: Personalized graphics, BRP back rest w/sport luggage rack, Zumo 550, Highway pegs, CalSci windshield, BRP saddle bags, Corbin saddle seat

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default hey everyone

I live in Roanoke. I ride alone most of the time and it would be nice to meet other spyders as well.

Spyder Garage

Default Have a new spyder at Smith Mountain Lake

Hi

We are busy the rest of the year, but later in the spring. We road the Parkway the last two days to see the color. Steve and Barbara the 2 Stricklands

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Prince William Spyders

I am interested in starting a Virginia-Prince William Spyders Riding Club. Hope to get some of you interested!

T-Spyder