Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Flamingobabe and I made it home today....Thursday the 23rd..... but we took the LONG way home!!!! LOL. Almost 7000miles but we went out of our way..LOL
    Great trip! and great friends!!!!! still have things hangin' to dry out..... Ready ta go again!!!!!

Granpa in Cincy!!!!! was great ta meet ya!!!!!!!

hotglue

Very Active Member granpa in Cincy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hotglue View Post
    Flamingobabe and I made it home today....Thursday the 23rd..... but we took the LONG way home!!!! LOL. Almost 7000miles but we went out of our way..LOL
    Great trip! and great friends!!!!! still have things hangin' to dry out..... Ready ta go again!!!!!

Granpa in Cincy!!!!! was great ta meet ya!!!!!!!

hotglue
    The pleasure was all mine.

Went to dealer yesterday (cause he sold my wing.) Discussed the difficulty in steering the bike and it looks like I'll be getting a second DPS.
    The adjustment the BRP fellow made at MV helped but more was needed through I40

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We got home Thursday about noon......took the long way home so I could get more states...up to 27 states now on my Spyder......Tuesday and Wednesday all day rain...but we are home safe and sound...3700 miles this trip....sure was good to meet everyone....can't wait for the next get-to-gether!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    We got home Thursday about noon......took the long way home so I could get more states...up to 27 states now on my Spyder......Tuesday and Wednesday all day rain...but we are home safe and sound...3700 miles this trip....sure was good to meet everyone....can't wait for the next get-to-gether!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What a ryde! Great Job way to show off that awesome bike to more people! glad your safe!
    SPYDEB

Spyder Garage

Well I'm a little late replying to this thread, but I did make it back safe n sound, I just haven't been online.
    I wanted to publicly thank WackyD (GET WELL BRO!)for giving me a different route home which was very enjoyable.
    I had a great time and some great rydes w/ cool friends in MV.
    Thanks again Lamont for another great day and BBQ in TN

Here's a shot on the way home...
    Last edited by musicarcade; 06-24-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    Happier Spyder Owner

Fairly happy 08 YELLOW SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by musicarcade View Post
    Well I'm a little late replying to this thread, but I did make it back safe n sound, I just haven't been online.
    I wanted to publicly thank WackyD (GET WELL BRO!)for giving me a different route home which was very enjoyable.
    I had a great time and some great rydes w/ cool friends in MV.
    Thanks again Lamont for another great day and BBQ in TN

Here's a shot on the way home...
    I told you that is an awesome run.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Nancy and I took the long way home. We arrived safe and sound this afternoon. Ten states, 11 days, 2,300 miles. Not a huge trip, but a satisfying one. The Blue Ridge Parkway, Skyline Drive, and US-250 were delightful. I have some Spyder and RT-622 issues to address, and a 6K service to perform. I was worried for the last several days, but we made it home without serious, recurring problems. Thankfully the last half of the trip was dry...barely. Really enjoyed spending time with everyone, and meeting some SpyderLovers I hadn't met yet. This was our first vacation longer than an extended weekend...ever! Thanks to all for making it a great one.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Nancy and I took the long way home. We arrived safe and sound this afternoon. Ten states, 11 days, 2,300 miles. Not a huge trip, but a satisfying one. The Blue Ridge Parkway, Skyline Drive, and US-250 were delightful. I have some Spyder and RT-622 issues to address, and a 6K service to perform. I was worried for the last several days, but we made it home without serious, recurring problems. Thankfully the last half of the trip was dry...barely. Really enjoyed spending time with everyone, and meeting some SpyderLovers I hadn't met yet. This was our first vacation longer than an extended weekend...ever! Thanks to all for making it a great one.
    Glad to hear you and Nancy made it back home safely Scotty. It was a pleasure meeting you, and I hope the issues with your Spyder are nothing too serious as well.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Great way to break Nancy in now that she's retired and you guys can do this at least once a month now!
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler~ View Post
    Great way to break Nancy in now that she's retired and you guys can do this at least once a month now!
    .....if we can afford it on a fixed income...LOL.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

From Scotty: I have some Spyder and RT-622 issues to address, and a 6K service to perform. I was worried for the last several days, but we made it home without serious, recurring problems.

Spyder Garage

Default Safe trip home

Erags and I won't be home for awhile since we're heading to Magog and SITA , but we safely made it to Frankfort KY from Maggie Valley. We had several days of great riding, completed the KY Bourbon Trail (should have that free Tshirt waiting for us when we make it home!), and headed to our next stop...New Stanton PA. We've dodged rain along the way, barely making it in before thunderstorms one day (sure could use it at home since we're quite dry in the Florida Panhandle); overcast skies have made our rides cool and enjoyable. Today we're exploring some of the covered bridges in SW Pennsylvania. Glad to hear everyone made it home safely. See you in Lake Placid, WackyDan!
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    Erags and I won't be home for awhile since we're heading to Magog and SITA , but we safely made it to Frankfort KY from Maggie Valley. We had several days of great riding, completed the KY Bourbon Trail (should have that free Tshirt waiting for us when we make it home!), and headed to our next stop...New Stanton PA. We've dodged rain along the way, barely making it in before thunderstorms one day (sure could use it at home since we're quite dry in the Florida Panhandle); overcast skies have made our rides cool and enjoyable. Today we're exploring some of the covered bridges in SW Pennsylvania. Glad to hear everyone made it home safely. See you in Lake Placid, WackyDan!
    Glad to hear the two of you are having a good time on your extended Spyder journey. I also hope you were able to find someone to finally help with your medicine supply situation. It was very nice meeting you and Erags, and I wish you continued safe travels.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Today we saw more covered bridges in PA, and also wandered into West Virginia and Maryland (route taken so we could update our visited states map)...very scenic ride with lots of twisties and elevation changes (something we don't get much of in the Florida Panhandle). Thought we'd have to break out the raingear in West VA but the clouds held off . Tomorrow we're going into Pittsburgh for a short trip before heading off to Ohio for a few days ofriding. Maybe we'll be able to hook up with some of the Ohio Spyder Riders.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    Today we saw more covered bridges in PA, and also wandered into West Virginia and Maryland (route taken so we could update our visited states map)...very scenic ride with lots of twisties and elevation changes (something we don't get much of in the Florida Panhandle). Thought we'd have to break out the raingear in West VA but the clouds held off . Tomorrow we're going into Pittsburgh for a short trip before heading off to Ohio for a few days ofriding. Maybe we'll be able to hook up with some of the Ohio Spyder Riders.
    Wow, does that all ring true. We ducked into PA for a few miles on the way home, just to add another state. I feel better about that now. We also got very used to the twists and topography, although our native Micigan has more than Florida. It was kind of a shock to hit the flatlands of Ohio. Enjoy your journey. Godspeed!
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Late posting

Spike and I made it home Sunday evening around 7pm. When we left maggie Valley about 10am the bototm fell out. It was very pleasant and cool. As we got into SC the heat from the interstate was getting to me. it was about 104. I literally thought I was going to pass out before we stopped. There wasn't a dry thread on me when we got home and that wasn't from the rain. It was a pleasure meeting everyone. We thoroughly enjoyed the Owners Event. BRP did a top notch job. As a result from the ride home I ended up in the emergency room from heat exhaustion and dehydration. After my bag of fluids I'm feeling much better. I've had the past several days off to rest. This was our first road trip and I'm looking forward to many more. We had 624 miles on the spyder before heading to Maggie Valley. So as you can see we are newbies and if you passed a white spyder leaving Lamonts heading toward Maggie that was us....lol Still getting use to the speed and handling. Any suggestions for the heat would be greatly appreciated. No riding from 11am-6pm....Kay

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Specialk209 View Post
    Spike and I made it home Sunday evening around 7pm. When we left maggie Valley about 10am the bototm fell out. It was very pleasant and cool. As we got into SC the heat from the interstate was getting to me. it was about 104. I literally thought I was going to pass out before we stopped. There wasn't a dry thread on me when we got home and that wasn't from the rain. It was a pleasure meeting everyone. We thoroughly enjoyed the Owners Event. BRP did a top notch job. As a result from the ride home I ended up in the emergency room from heat exhaustion and dehydration. After my bag of fluids I'm feeling much better. I've had the past several days off to rest. This was our first road trip and I'm looking forward to many more. We had 624 miles on the spyder before heading to Maggie Valley. So as you can see we are newbies and if you passed a white spyder leaving Lamonts heading toward Maggie that was us....lol Still getting use to the speed and handling. Any suggestions for the heat would be greatly appreciated. No riding from 11am-6pm....Kay
    Carry lots of bottled water
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    From Scotty: I have some Spyder and RT-622 issues to address, and a 6K service to perform. I was worried for the last several days, but we made it home without serious, recurring problems.
    Scotty, care to share with us the problems you had? I'm especially curious about the RT-622 issues.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Scotty, care to share with us the problems you had? I'm especially curious about the RT-622 issues.
    Yes Scotty please share.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Specialk209 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler~ View Post
    Carry lots of bottled water
    And take it one step further. At gas stops, use the powder room. If you don't tinkle, drink a big bottle of Gatorade or other electrolyte beverage of your choice. If your peeing, water is fine.

If your feeling funky, make more stops and follow the above. Heat exhaustion is nothing to fool with.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

The RT-622 has a bad water leak in the rain at the front lid. I will be trying to adjust it later. My dealer bled my clutch, which helped the shifting problems, and cleaned out the sludge in the master cylinder (assembly grease?). Waiting a software update due soon for the throttle problem and P1614 fault code. My throttle did not fail completely, as some have. The dealer also torqued my trailer hitch bolts to 18 lbf-ft, which took care of the rattle. I took care of the parking brake cable at the Festival Grounds, as many folks saw. All small problems, and taken care of, although the clutch and throttle worried me some. (Please excuse the hijack of this thread.)
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!