Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking Just picked up my spyder

2008 with only 700 miles. Got it for a super duper price. Still has approx 15 months left on the warranty with the option to extend the best that's on it.

SM5 Yellow. Damn thing is bright azz hell. Hope I dont burn this clutch up. Rushed to get plates today since it's suppose to rain all weekend.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Now I need some mods... This thing is naked.

Spyder Garage

mods are alwas need.
    48 down.

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xqsmepotna View Post
    Now I need some mods... This thing is naked.

very very cool. You're going to love it!!!

I had a 09 Yellow RS SE5. Added 5" risers, a 25 " wind shield, throttleMeister cruise and of course my Seal FloorBoards. This old dog was ready to cruise in style. Basic stuff but made a world of diff in the how long I could ride. Now hav a 2011 RT SE5 and REALLY love it

Ride in comfort,

John
    sealfloorboards.com

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

actually.. two mods. 3" riser and a battery tender lead.

Spyder Garage

Default welcome

welcome to the site.you will learn what ever you need to from the good people on this site. most of the regs. and gurus are at maggie valley.

Spyder Garage

on the new ryde
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

and ..............Ryde Safe.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ok... Either:

a: my plate was stolen within 8 hours of getting it... or;
    b: this things has some serious vibration back there...

This sucks

Spyder Garage

Ok... Either:

a: my plate was stolen within 8 hours of getting it... or;
    b: this things has some serious vibration back there...

This sucks
    A: Report your stolen plate and get a replacement. Maybe use a different type of screw head like a Torx with the security center pin.

B: BRP had a change in the belt tension spec. Did your dealer change the tension to the new spec? Also make sure they did all the other recall items such as the DPS.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    A: Report your stolen plate and get a replacement. Maybe use a different type of screw head like a Torx with the security center pin.

B: BRP had a change in the belt tension spec. Did your dealer change the tension to the new spec? Also make sure they did all the other recall items such as the DPS.

Yep... already reported it and got it replaced (after driving around aimlessly for 2 hours looking for a plate... Like I was really going to find it).

I've contacted my dealer for the DPS recall. According to BRP, that's the only recall for my machine and it hasnt been completed.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The DPS recall... can that be done same day as long as they have the parts needed? Or do I need to plan to drop it off?

Spyder Garage

The DPS recall... can that be done same day as long as they have the parts needed? Or do I need to plan to drop it off?
    I guess that's up to your dealer's schedule. Most people on this forum that has had the DPS replaced was done in a few hours. So if your dealership will work with you on a scheduled time you may just be able to wait around while it's getting done.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Default DPS work

I guess it depends on who reported your sold. I bought from a now ex-dealer and my new dealer had to tell BRP that they had me as a customer and supplied the VIN before BRP would release the replacement DPS. Once they got the paperwork fixed, they scheduled the DPS and a couple other warranty fixes on my 2009 RS SE5. I had to drop off but retrieved it the next day.
    2009 GS SE5 Silver

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats

on the I had the same color unitl I found a local painter he did a great job at a now cost.

Leo Vince Ti pipe, Juice Box, o2, Evoluzione Race air flow kit, 155 spring, and a Mad paint job
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/a...p?albumid=1117
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/a...p?albumid=1061

Spyder Garage

2008 with only 700 miles. Got it for a super duper price. Still has approx 15 months left on the warranty with the option to extend the best that's on it.

SM5 Yellow. Damn thing is bright azz hell. Hope I dont burn this clutch up. Rushed to get plates today since it's suppose to rain all weekend.
    and from another MI SpyderLover. We aren't that far away. Keep your eyes posted on the MI forum for local rides and also note our 3 Great Lakes in 3 Great Days ride in Aug.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.