Spyder Garage

Default Touring on my Spyder

For years I have ridden 2 wheels and have toured for too many years to admit. I have had Hondas, Yamahas, several Softails which I loved and I never wanted to have to go to 3 wheels. I am only 5' and shrinking and my husband is directionally challenged so we make lots of u-turns. For years I have tippy toed in gravel, used him as my reverse and secretly had him push me up off the side stand if I was parked in an off-cambor position. I test rode trikes at rallies and never had an interest, except one Harley DFT Trike that was about $50,000. Then La Monte rode up on a Spyder at Bike week when they first came out and I thought yeah it was cool, but still not ready for 3 wheels.... The more I saw the more I liked so I finally bought an RS and then we decided to tour a lot more and the RT reared it's ugly head. I traded for a 2010 and have been having a ball! We are in Maggie Valley for the Owner's Event and we live in Tennessee, but we have been on the road since June 1st traveling to Lake George, NY for Americade and then back here for the event and then home on Sunday. I have loved every moment of riding my Spyder 2500 some miles this trip on nothing but back roads. I snicker at u-turns in gravel and LOL on steep off-cambor hills with a stop sign!!! I pull in any parking place without having to think how I will get out. When big burly dudes say that is not a real bike I say come on let's have a little challenge ride. I averaged 34 mpg riding backroads on this trip and even though I developed brake squeek, I am lovin' my Spyder. Oh and we carry 3 dogs with us as well, all Shih Tzu mix rescues and they are having a ball as well, they especially love the junk food and hotel rooms!
    Never accept "no" from someone who does not have the authority to say "yes".

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is a neat post. I am glad you enjoy your rides with your Spyder and before with your two wheelers. Enjoy the rally.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Great Post

Glad your enjoying your ride. Currently a Spyder wannabe. My wife and I would have to figure out how to carry our 28lbs Wire Fox Terrier.

Spyder Garage

Excellentt post!!
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Barbwire I know you come to Americade every year, but we have not met up yet on any rides. So next year we will have to make more of an effort I guess. Tell next year.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the great post.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Barbwire View Post
    I snicker at u-turns in gravel and LOL on steep off-cambor hills with a stop sign!!! I pull in any parking place without having to think how I will get out.
    I loved your post and could really relate to being able to pull in to any parking place without calculating how to exit! For all my years on 2 wheels, I had to constantly worry about how 107 lb. me would get the 600 lb. bike out of a spot that sloped downhill, and now with my 5 day old RT-S I just put it in reverse and GRIN.