Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default SE5 shifting question.

When you go from 1st to 2nd at about 5000 rpm does it rev up for like 2 seconds and then settle in anf accelerate or does it just snap directly into 2nd?

Mine is revving ans sometimes longer than 2 second. it is not tier slip so I do not know if it in normal. I rode an rt for 1 week and it just snapped into 2nd. and thoughts? thank you all in advance.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fleegeds View Post
    When you go from 1st to 2nd at about 5000 rpm does it rev up for like 2 seconds and then settle in anf accelerate or does it just snap directly into 2nd?

Mine is revving ans sometimes longer than 2 second. it is not tier slip so I do not know if it in normal. I rode an rt for 1 week and it just snapped into 2nd. and thoughts? thank you all in advance.
    My RS SE5 (~800 miles) is quirky in the same way. It really appears to be a function of RPM: you need to shift higher. Shift from 1st to 2nd below 4500 or so RPM, and you run the risk of being too low for 2nd gear. What then happens is either it lags for a second or two until your RPMs are high enough in 2nd gear, or worse, it automatically kicks back from 2nd down to 1st, usually with a quite rude lurch.

The advice remains the same: shift at higher RPM. IME it won't *always* avoid the lag and lurch, but the Rotax is a high-revving engine, you won't break it by shifting at 6K, 7K or 8K RPM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

thank you for the reply. This is not happening at lower RPM's but over 5K mostly. I had it in the shop for 3 weeks with no fix. just a bit over the whole thing.

In fact the hard I go on it the longer the rev. also I forgot to mention if I do a down shift from like 2nd to 1st where I am trying to pass some one quick it will rev for like 3-5 sec with no catch until I let off and then it catches and goes.

Spyder Garage

thank you for the reply. This is not happening at lower RPM's but over 5K mostly. I had it in the shop for 3 weeks with no fix. just a bit over the whole thing.

In fact the hard I go on it the longer the rev. also I forgot to mention if I do a down shift from like 2nd to 1st where I am trying to pass some one quick it will rev for like 3-5 sec with no catch until I let off and then it catches and goes.
    Sounds like you may have a problem. My SE5 shifts quickly at any RPM above 3000.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ahhh, sorry. I saw 5K rpm and thought you were rounding *up*. If you're rounding *down*, then yeah, sounds like you have a problem to ask the dealer about. Good luck!

Spyder Garage

Default Shifting smooth at all RPM unless I hold shifter down too long

My SE5 shifts smoothly at all RPMs unless I inadvertently keep the shifter tab down too long.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

rats here i go back to the dealer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default RT same

My RT does the same...dealer says not consistent so basically I live with it until it happens majority of time...Makes no difference what RPM for me...but like said not all the time...So I just keep on ryding it like I stole it!!