Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Boyd2010RT View Post
    There us one part that you made look awfully easy, that I had quite a bit of trouble with.

The two "prongs" that are held on the bottom edge of the top side panel gave me a lot of trouble - the front ones are bent at a wierd angle - the one on the right side was bent so much that I couldn't get it into the grommet when the rear one was in the grommet - the front one finally broke as I tried to bend it to go into the grommet - should they be bent?

Any tricks to getting the prongs into the grommets (or were my prongs bent too much by the dealer when assembling?
    THX, Boyd
    Those "darts" as they call them are suppose to be bent like that and they can be a bear to install even for me. sometimes I get lucky and they pop right in and other times it takes a little work. A trick would put a little lube on them like Windex. I use that a lot on rubber parts because they slip right in but dry so they won't pop back out.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

While replacing my crossthreaded dipstick, I managed to lose a second grommet... I decided to pull that bottom "pan" out from under all of the "oil stuff" That make me miss most of yesterday's NASCAR race, but I did find one of the missing grommets!
    I guess that I'll have to call my dealer and mention the BRP TSB (is that enough letters?) and see if they'll replace the missing one and get the others made a bit more permanent...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks so much for the panel demo. I just switched to an RT and am about to put in my aux fusebox for heated gear, GPS, etc. and having a video run through of the panel removal will save me a lot of time the first time through.

I've got my screwgun and #30 torx all ready.

Spyder Garage

The part about the mirror took away my biggest fear of removing those items.

Glo Ryders {4 sets (Blue, Red, Orange, Pink) I swap out}
    Rear Trunk Liner ......... Seal Floorboards
    Rear Trunk Shelf
    Corbin Heated Seat
    extra 12V plug
    Elka shocks
    White/Red fender lights
    Bump/skid
    Baker Wind Wings
    Honey Burl Dash Kit

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Taking off the panels

What happen to this video could not get it to play ?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RT Panels Off & On

Thanks for reposting the video easier that the manual
    W. E. Luke Sr.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thanks Lamont!! The video will help.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great videos. I started to remove the mirrors to get at the speakers and lights, took off the air wings, three pops and they did not come off just yet. Decided I needed to be lubed with a little more "liquid courage" to smack them as hard as they apparently need to be to get them off (and not have the wife standing around). Will make it a "on the weekend job" of removal instead
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Spyder Garage

You shouldn't need to 'smack' them very hard. You should be able to remove them by a quick rap them pull up and towards you, from the bottom of the mirror. Think of the top of the mirror as a hinge, and then lift the bottom end of the mirror up. Don't freak out if you break a clip - it happens a lot. Here is a thread I posted for a temporary fix if you break the clips and can't get to a dealer for a few days. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...irror-Clip-Fix

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well, I got the panels off. Lamonster's video sure made it look easier than I experienced but I suspect that my "newness" to doing this made it harder. Helps to also have an assortment of the right tools to get into some of these places. Like the T30 that you need to remove the black side covers (1 screw on each side) after the pretty tupperware is removed - that one is a real bear to get at which the strange angle leading to it.

Doing the speaker replacement like the one video shows was also not as much fun - at least on my 11RT. The screw holes were not in the same position as they were on the 09 in the video. Fun. Finally got it but what a project it was. Changed the front speakers to the Polk's, added the 5LED run lights and while I was there I converted the 11RT to the Xenon lights (BRP lights as I found them at a much better price than the $1100 that BRP was asking).

Now to add the rear speakers when I decide which arm rests to go with - DoubleD or Corbin (both supporters of the forum)..... I like them both but am thinking that the Corbin may offer a little more secure support as they don't swing out. Any thoughts on the arm rests?
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default To La Monster

Could you possible show another video on how to take the mirrors off but this time from a different view because you were in front of it and I am still unsure how to take these off.

Spyder Garage

Is there a video on how to remove the top headlight panel i need to replace it

Spyder Garage

2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry its the lower panel for the high beams i need to remove and replace the panel
    The panel right under where Lamont is working in the video

Spyder Garage

Default Mirror fell off my RT

It's been a little while since I have been on Spyderlovers, but I had one of my RT mirrors fall off today when I returned from a short ride. I couldn't figure out how to put it back on, so I came to the source of all sources "Spyderlovers". There I did a search and found this great video that shows plainly how to replace the mirror. Well, I went back out to the Spyder and found one of the pins was all messed up and out of position, as I actually noticed that when the mirror fell off, before I attempted to do anything. I took that pin out, straightened it, put it back in it's correct position. Did the steps found in the video, and wa-la, the mirror is back where it belongs. Now the question would be, how did that little pin get messed up and out of it's housing? Late last year I had my Spyder in to have the 'Emergency Flasher' switch replaced. They had to tear a bit of the bike apart in order to feed the cables and my guess is they had the mirrors off as well as several panels. I guess that when they did the work they may have dislodged and bent the pin! Anyway, we're back on the road again. Thanks to Spyderlovers for such a great forum that helps us who are helpless!!!!!

LEEB

2014 RT-S Pearl White - 'Miss Pearl'

Spyder Garage

Default Video

Thanks for the input. I was taking my panels off for the first time, to mount GPS, the tech showed me how to pop the mirror off, said it was simple. I had no trouble getting the mirror off but when I tried to reinstall it the clip broke out of the top bracket. Lucky it was replaceable and I didn't have to buy a $$$$ housing. Service tech admitted he broke a few when he was new. Lesson learned.

Ranman42
    2016 RTS Orbital Blue
    Zumo 590LM