Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question Looking for bikers who like to ride in groups

We live in Prescott Valley and have a 2011 Spyder. Would like others to join us for day and overnight rides. Any takers?
    Sandra and Luiz
    prescottvly2003@gmail.com

Spyder Garage

My wife just got her . She is getting used to it now. I am sure she would be up for some riding around the state. We head up to Prescott quite a bit on my bike. Do you have any plans as to dates and or locations your wanting to ride to?
    Shane & Sarah

Spyder Garage

Default Arizona Riders

I live in Stetson Valley just north of Happy Valley Road in Phoenix. My wife and I are always looking to meet other local Spyder owners and join in some rides. Check out the link below to another post that has a few other local riders who might be interested. Unfortunately, it's getting a bit warm for riding in Phoenix now, but we still have the option of going north!

Also, if you're not already aware, there is a local group that does have a lot of Spyder members. It's called CASE and I think it originally stood for "Can Am Spyder Enthusiasts", but the Spyders seem to be the minority now. I've been on a few rides with them, but unfortunately, there have been very few Spyders. On our last ride, we had 48 participants, but only 2 were on Spyders! But sometimes, there are several more. In any case, they're a great group of folks and fun to ride with. There's also a link below to their website in case you're interested.

If you do plan any rides, please let us know.

Rick

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21480

http://www.meetup.com/CASE-Cruiser-A...t-Enthusiasts/

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=AZ Desert Spyder;337499] Unfortunately, it's getting a bit warm for riding in Phoenix now, but we still have the option of going north!

Rick

Ai-yi-yi, it is definitely hot and dry right now and of course, I just got my Spyder and want to ride all the time. I ordered a cooling vest with detachable sleeves that should be coming this week, and I'll report on whether it makes a big improvement or not!
    Sharon

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hey I met you!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Desert Spyder View Post
    I live in Stetson Valley just north of Happy Valley Road in Phoenix. My wife and I are always looking to meet other local Spyder owners and join in some rides. Check out the link below to another post that has a few other local riders who might be interested. Unfortunately, it's getting a bit warm for riding in Phoenix now, but we still have the option of going north!

Also, if you're not already aware, there is a local group that does have a lot of Spyder members. It's called CASE and I think it originally stood for "Can Am Spyder Enthusiasts", but the Spyders seem to be the minority now. I've been on a few rides with them, but unfortunately, there have been very few Spyders. On our last ride, we had 48 participants, but only 2 were on Spyders! But sometimes, there are several more. In any case, they're a great group of folks and fun to ride with. There's also a link below to their website in case you're interested.

If you do plan any rides, please let us know.

Rick

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21480

http://www.meetup.com/CASE-Cruiser-A...t-Enthusiasts/
    Once I get my endorsement, we will have to plan some rides. I go next week for my rider course. By the way...this is Josh and I have the same bike as you...just to jog your memory of who I am. I have the acceleration problem fixed! I would like to hear about that cooling vest!

Spyder Garage

Okay, here's the scoop on the cooling vest--it was the BEST $70.00 bucks I've spent in the last 5 years related to motorcycling! When I leave work in mid-town Tucson, it has been between 98-108 degrees. I have about 8 miles of stop and go before I can cruise at higher speeds, and with that vest on I feel like I'm in a 75 degree room! After my 17 mile commute home, the vest is lighter from moisture loss, but it is still working great. Here's a real neat thing--my clothes REMAIN DRY, because the inside of the vest is water-repellent even though you soak the whole vest in water to plump it up. Totally amazing, and I've been riding all the time now with it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekat View Post
    Okay, here's the scoop on the cooling vest--it was the BEST $70.00 bucks I've spent in the last 5 years related to motorcycling! When I leave work in mid-town Tucson, it has been between 98-108 degrees. I have about 8 miles of stop and go before I can cruise at higher speeds, and with that vest on I feel like I'm in a 75 degree room! After my 17 mile commute home, the vest is lighter from moisture loss, but it is still working great. Here's a real neat thing--my clothes REMAIN DRY, because the inside of the vest is water-repellent even though you soak the whole vest in water to plump it up. Totally amazing, and I've been riding all the time now with it.
    Copy_of_Motorcycle.jpg

Hey,

been jonesing for that perfect late season, great ride, excellent cause group riding event?

Here 'tis!

Weekend after this let's meet at the event or in Bisbee for Breakfast! Grab every Spyder rider you know, it'd be marvelous to get a bunch of us to attend!!!

Please contact me ASAP to RSVP.

Steve in Bisbee,

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default AZ Riders

I sold my GS a while back but just bought a 2012 RT S. We will be spending the majority of our time in Sun Ciry and would love to meet up with some other Spyder owners. With all the owners listed I am surprised we don't have more scheduled rides. Are there any other Sun City owners out there?

Spyder Garage

Phoenix has quite a few Spyder Ryders in a CASE(Cruise and Sport Enthusiasts/CanAm Spyder Enthusiast) group that uses the MEET UP forum.
    http://www.meetup.com/CASE-of-America/
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default CASE

I joined CASE a few weeks ago and it is a great group. I have gone on several rides and really enjoy the people. Our last ride to Ajo had 7 Spyders and a like number of other bikes. Most of the group are also members of PACR (Phoenix Area Cycle Riders) which I have also joined. There are rides scheduled every week.

This forum lists around 70 Spyder members in Spyderlovers. We should be able to get more of them to ride with CASE.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Daze Ridenow Peoria AZ

Can-Am Reps will be at Ridenow Powersports in Peoria on March 10 @ 10:30. Would be great to have all AZ SPYDERS there. Good chance to meet other owners.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Spyder Daze

The riding group CASE of Scottsdale AZ on the web site Meetup has scheduled a voice of the customer meeting with the regional Spyder Can Am factory representative on March 10th. He will also be giving out a door prize and offering up a one day special discount through RideNow of Peoria for those that RSVP and attend. This is a good chance to hear what is new and give feedback to the factory.
    Let's try to get as many Spyders together for a ride afterwards and show the Valley our colors.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile Can Am Spyder Daze and Westworld

We had 19 Spyders show up today at RideNow in Peoria for the CASE group. The Factory District Manager Tracy and Tina at RideNow Peoria did a fantastic job at hosting this event with breakfast and handouts. There was a lot of interaction with the factory and Spyder owners and the door prizes were awesome. After the ride we went out for a group ride through the Valley up to Rock Springs Cafe through the meetup.com group CASE.

BRP also has an event coming up after bike week with four wheelers, jet skis and Spyders. I will keep you posted.

It would also be nice to arrange a ride over to Westworld for bike week. CASE will be sending out invites to all their members who say they own a Spyder. Just think how much room and color we would add to that event with our Spyders. I wonder if BRP will have their trailer at Westworld with demo rides like they did last year?

We also learned that RideNow's Peoria store has two of their three Spyder technicians trained at the factory and their adding more space for Spyders. One of the attendees; David, had his bike break down in Apache Junction and RideNow picked it up and serviced in Peoria. Nice!

Does anyone know if there are any factory trained Spyder shops in the Southwest with a Dyno that can handle a Spyder with a PowerCommand module?

Carl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carl_in_az View Post
    We had 19 Spyders show up today at RideNow in Peoria for the CASE group. The Factory District Manager Tracy and Tina at RideNow Peoria did a fantastic job at hosting this event with breakfast and handouts. There was a lot of interaction with the factory and Spyder owners and the door prizes were awesome. After the ride we went out for a group ride through the Valley up to Rock Springs Cafe through the meetup.com group CASE.

BRP also has an event coming up after bike week with four wheelers, jet skis and Spyders. I will keep you posted.

It would also be nice to arrange a ride over to Westworld for bike week. CASE will be sending out invites to all their members who say they own a Spyder. Just think how much room and color we would add to that event with our Spyders. I wonder if BRP will have their trailer at Westworld with demo rides like they did last year?

We also learned that RideNow's Peoria store has two of their three Spyder technicians trained at the factory and their adding more space for Spyders. One of the attendees; David, had his bike break down in Apache Junction and RideNow picked it up and serviced in Peoria. Nice!

Does anyone know if there are any factory trained Spyder shops in the Southwest with a Dyno that can handle a Spyder with a PowerCommand module?

Carl
    I wish I was in town for that...

You can go to dynojet in Vegas for dyno.
    ROADTRIP!!!
    6 states down 42 states to go

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default rides

Am interested in joining up with other spyder riders for some jaunts. I have a red 2012 RT and am ready to go!