Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Default BPR Garmin Zumo 660

Quote Originally Posted by csmead View Post
    Short version:
    bought the BRP Zumo 660. Wiring, etc. worked done by spouse. His advice: worth the effort, instructions could have been written better.

My job...the techie part, did not go well. I could not load or access Maps on the unit. 3 days, totalling over 8 hours on the phone to Garmin.
    You may be asking... why not take it back to dealership? Spouse was not removing wiring harness, etc. Dealership said that was the only way to exchange and they did not have an exchange available.

Garmin's support and tech staff was great, overnighted another Zumo 660, charged my credit card for replacement but will credit when they get the defective Zumo. BUT they really did not understand that I had a BRP CAN AM screen on the bad unit or how to replace that Zumo with a BRP one. Time was an issue, we left the day after the Zumo was delivered, 6/4 for a 2000 mile trip, first 12 hrs on the bike...a very bad rainstorm....very glad to have Zumo.
    New unit worked perfectly, but have not registered it yet. Had some other bike issues and back at work. Spouse states that we paid for BRP CAN AM Zumo unit, essentially the same except for the logo on the screen.
    Question: has anyone gone through Zumo replacement?
    How did you handle it?...through the dealership or Garmin?
    How do I get a "BRP logo-Zumo" replacement?
    Should I give up and register the new unit as mine?
    Thanks guys! I will type up another posting about the bike issues. I am going to have to write it out before taking it in for service...just too weird.

I had a BPR Zumo 660 less than 8 months old that was purchased with the bike (new from BPR). It died a sudden death of the incurable blank screen disease. Spoke with Garmin via emergency 911 phone, they had me hook it up to their life support system thru my computer. After 1 & 1/2 hours on life support, they advised me their was no hope and told me to pull the plug. I did so, returned the remains to the Garmin grave yard in a small cardboard coffin purchased from and delivered by UPS. Upon the arrival of the remains at Garmin, they in turn shipped a new born cloned twin in swaddling bubble wrap within a week at no charge. New born arrived lacking energy and had to be revived with an cord to the mother computer. Both new born and mother computer are doing fine. News soft wear and maps down loaded.

Serious, Garmin was great with my problem. Only cost was shipping it back to the factory. Took about a week from shipping date to return date. Live in SE Indiana.

Dill Dorrell

Spyder Garage

I know that this is a very old thread, but could someone PM me the Spyder.SRF?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by niftie View Post
    I know that this is a very old thread, but could someone PM me the Spyder.SRF?
    Maybe this

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-DIY-tutorials

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock