Short version:
bought the BRP Zumo 660. Wiring, etc. worked done by spouse. His advice: worth the effort, instructions could have been written better.

My job...the techie part, did not go well. I could not load or access Maps on the unit. 3 days, totalling over 8 hours on the phone to Garmin.
You may be asking... why not take it back to dealership? Spouse was not removing wiring harness, etc. Dealership said that was the only way to exchange and they did not have an exchange available.

Garmin's support and tech staff was great, overnighted another Zumo 660, charged my credit card for replacement but will credit when they get the defective Zumo. BUT they really did not understand that I had a BRP CAN AM screen on the bad unit or how to replace that Zumo with a BRP one. Time was an issue, we left the day after the Zumo was delivered, 6/4 for a 2000 mile trip, first 12 hrs on the bike...a very bad rainstorm....very glad to have Zumo.
New unit worked perfectly, but have not registered it yet. Had some other bike issues and back at work. Spouse states that we paid for BRP CAN AM Zumo unit, essentially the same except for the logo on the screen.
Question: has anyone gone through Zumo replacement?
How did you handle it?...through the dealership or Garmin?
How do I get a "BRP logo-Zumo" replacement?
Should I give up and register the new unit as mine?
Thanks guys! I will type up another posting about the bike issues. I am going to have to write it out before taking it in for service...just too weird.