Spyder Garage

Default OEM Radio/CB/Ipod question

I need some clarification on how the Audio settings affect the sound on the Spyder. My wife has a new Can Am ST-1 Hybrid helmet with communications. I have an HJC IS-33 helmet that I have added Edsets 3G system to. While riding, the wife says she hears everything out of the right side helmet speaker while I seem to hear everything out of the left side speaker. Last night while sitting in the garage, I disconnected my left speaker and verified that the right speaker had sound. It just isn't as loud as the left side. I also checked the wife's helmet and there is sound out of the left speaker again being quite faint. In Preferences under Audio, I have the external speakers shut off. I played with the Fader setting which has settings from F5 down to F1, Center and then R1 up to R5. This moves the sound from driver to passenger and back. This seems to make sense. There is a setting called Headset Speakers which can be either OFF, MUTE or MIXED. OFF definitely turns the headset speakers off. MUTE and MIXED didn't seem to change anything when set. I currently have it set to MIXED. The last Audio setting is called Headset Front. This setting goes from -50% to +50% in 5% increments. Adjusting this to various settings again seemed to adjust the loudness of the speakers from driver to passenger and back. I haven't found any Balance setting that would adjust the sound left to right or right to left. Once again the documentation provided by Can Am is very lacking in describing what these varies setting do. I would be interested in hearing from others that have the OEM communications package on their Spyder on how it is working and what the different Audio settings are set at. As always, any help, thoughts or suggestions are greatly apprecicated.

Spyder Garage

no left right that i know of but ... if you have the BRP headsets, make sure that you have the boom cable section fully plugged into the helmet mount part. it comes apart so make sure that it is snuggle plugged on the Helmet side.
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

Default Right out of the instruction sheet.

Off- When you do not want to hear your entertainment source in your headsets.

Mute- When you want your entertainment source to mute in your headsets when you receive or transmit via the CB or when you receive or transmit via the intercom.

Mix- When you want your entertainment source to play (at a reduced level) during CB receive or transmit. If the entertainment volume is too low then it will mute instead of mix.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Clueless and stevedfive

Thanks for the info.

Spyder Garage

Default How does your headset output work?

I am still trying to decide if my factory radio is defective. When the wife plugs her CanAm ST-1 Hybrid helmet into the passenger rear plug, the majority of sound comes from the right headset speaker. When I plug in my Edsets 3G system into the front plug, the majority of the sound comes from the left headset speaker. If the helemts are swapped on the plugs, the rear helmet still has the sound coming from the right and the front helmet from the left. I would say the ratio is 80/20 or worse. I would like to hear from others who use headsets if their sound is evenly heard from both left and right headset speakers. With ours working this way currently, the radio is hard to listen to for any period of time.

Spyder Garage

Mine was doing the same until I pushed down on the mic and speaker cradle on the side of the helmet. My guess is that is was set in there far enough. But, the right is a slightly louder than the left.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

bump

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    Mine was doing the same until I pushed down on the mic and speaker cradle on the side of the helmet. My guess is that is was set in there far enough. But, the right is a slightly louder than the left.
    +1

Did you try to unplug and replug the helmet comm wire to the part that attaches to the helmet? it separates? I super-glued mine on as it kept coming lose. two drops and reattached now never have that problem
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5