Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FRUSTRATED

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    I have a 2011 RT Limited Edition ... is there anyone else who is having trouble controlling their blinker? It is soooo touchy! When I try to turn it off, it seems to always go from left to right or vice versa. This could almost be a safety recall. I am sure the drivers behind me are equally as frustrated.

It takes some getting use to. I have to "center" the switch and hold it in for one or two seconds. It is touchy.

Practice makes perfect and it is so true with the blinker switch Try to get use to pushing the switch dead center and that seems to work I find if you do not then you just keep turning on the opposite signal instead. I am getting better at it but still have trouble the odd time

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In case it comes up at your AARP meeting, the Gold Wing cancels after a turn as does the Spyder, and it self cancels after 13 flashes if exiting on to a side road from a highway if you don't push the button. (some Wings self cancel after 14 flashes)

Todd&Cat

Big Red 1, are you riding a Gold Wing or you riding a

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Todd&Cat View Post
    Big Red 1, are you riding a Gold Wing or you riding a
    He rides both, It's legal in Texas as long as you don't ride both at the same time.

Spyder Garage

I find if you just push in and hold a sec on the 2011 it shuts off fine
    its only when u turn the right side on it will blink left 1 time but will go off

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by t64507 View Post
    I find if you just push in and hold a sec on the 2011 it shuts off fine
    Next time out I'm going to try that, I've been looking for an answer.
    Last edited by GeoffCee; 06-18-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HRBRM View Post
    I have a 2011 RT Limited Edition ... is there anyone else who is having trouble controlling their blinker? It is soooo touchy! When I try to turn it off, it seems to always go from left to right or vice versa. This could almost be a safety recall. I am sure the drivers behind me are equally as frustrated.

In addition, in the first 1,200 miles, I have had my left front panel fall off and I completely lost my antenna. And now I have a front fender light burnt out. My husband is ready to tackle the $900 CB and wiring harness package just so I can have intercom. He is not happy.

But I am really enjoying the Spyder! Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that the anti-lock brakes work really well...no one hurt, nothing destroyed. So all is good, except for that poor turtle that is still spinning out there somewhere on a highway in Minnesota.
    The signals will autocancel as several others have said.

The left panel coming off may have been the hook is either not there (early build models) or the hook was not properly set when the panel was installed.

The antenna should be put on with a drop of blue loctite. If you lost or damged the antenna have your dealer get you a new one and make sure they use the loctite. There was a bulliten on this.

As far as the CB make sure you get the entertainment harness. The hardest part is removing the rear module plastic to install the CB.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Best turn signal cancel method for me is to push it straight in (in center position) and hold it 1-2 seconds. It will cancel on release. Not foolproof...but better. ...
    Genius, pure genius! We're on a long trip and this technique is working. Thanks, Scotty. Hope you trip home from MV is (was?) going well!
    Dan

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    Genius, pure genius! We're on a long trip and this technique is working. Thanks, Scotty. Hope you trip home from MV is (was?) going well!
    Glad I could help. It isn't foolproof, but it does work better than other methods I have tried. We are still on the road. The trip is going well, but we have almost permanently settled into Plan B...checking the weather then adjusting our route and schedule each morning. Saw a momma bear and her three cubs up close and personal along Skyline Drive yesterday. We rounded a curve and they were crossing the road. Neat stuff!