Spyder Garage

Default problem with e-shift

I have a new 2011 RSS e-shift with only 750 miles. The other day after a long ride, 60 miles from my home I started having shifting issues!! First it would not shift from 1st to 2cd then did not down shift on it's own past 4th??? It worked after shutting it off a waiting a few minutes... But I had to shut it off 4 times to get home ! So has anyone else had this problem?? I found a old post on another forum from 2009!!! Please tell me I am not the only one and not going crazy !!! My dealer called BRP and they are going to reprogram the computer (fingers and toes crossed that this works) I HATE being without my spyder
    Cindy Lou

Constable NY

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tell your dealer to check the gear position sensor... Somebody else had just asked about this issue and it was suggested that the sensor might be the culprit...
    Good luck and let us know what you find!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Check your oil level.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info, I will tell my dealer both of them (the oil has to be checked anyhow in for it's first service). The old post I found was on a 2009 and it said the ground wire and solenoid where the culprits.. I will give all this info to my dealer... I just want my spyder back.... I've only owned it a few weeks but I MISS IT!!
    Cindy Lou

Constable NY

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clwatson View Post
    Thanks for the info, I will tell my dealer both of them (the oil has to be checked anyhow in for it's first service). The old post I found was on a 2009 and it said the ground wire and solenoid where the culprits.. I will give all this info to my dealer... I just want my spyder back.... I've only owned it a few weeks but I MISS IT!!
    The ground wire problem was corrected. Your Spyder should already have the grounds. You should be checking your oil yourself...at least every 300 miles or so. Your dealer should have showed you how to do this. The procedure is in your manual. It needs to be followed carefully.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    The ground wire problem was corrected. Your Spyder should already have the grounds. You should be checking your oil yourself...at least every 300 miles or so. Your dealer should have showed you how to do this. The procedure is in your manual. It needs to be followed carefully.
    Thanks will do, My husband is bringing it to the dealer next Wed for the repairs. I will make sure he ask the dealer to show him this (or he can look in manual) The dealer didn't say anything when I bought it???? Just bring it back at 600 miles for first check (which I over shot on my last ride OOPPS I am at about 750 so it may very well be that, because I haven't checked the oil yet)
    Cindy Lou

Constable NY

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The vast majority of rs and rt owners haven't had a problem with the paddle shift...... but believe me YOU ARE NOT alone. Good luck!