Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default How 'bout a Spyder meet in Bennington, VT?

For those of you who aren't going to Gatlinburg......

HDX and I will be there next weekend. We'll be camping and we spent all day trying to get both the Spyder and the Roadglide loaded up into our Toy Hauler. Well it worked - we can take both bikes! We were a little worried w/ the size of the AND fitting the Harley in there but it's a go!

If anyone's interested, we'll be at the Blue Ben Diner in Bennington (Route 7) at 9 a.m. on Saturday, September 27th - so far the weather is looking good! We'll be in VT by Thursday at some point and we will be there until we check out on Monday.
    Last edited by Smylinacha; 09-20-2008 at 06:43 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    We'll be camping and we spent all day trying to get both the Spyder and the Roadglide loaded up into our Toy Hauler. Well it worked - we can take both bikes! We were a little worried w/ the size of the AND fitting the Harley in there but it's a go!
    You did well. I was worried when I first tried to load the Spyder and additional bikes in my trailer. I managed to get in the Arachnid and two small bikes, and keep the tongue weight acceptable. No way to do that with my Beemer in there with the Spyder, though. I am jealous!
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

[quote=Smylinacha;51188]For those of you who aren't going to Gatlinburg......

HDX and I will be there next weekend. We'll be camping and we spent all day trying to get both the Spyder and the Roadglide loaded up into our Toy Hauler. Well it worked - we can take both bikes! We were a little worried w/ the size of the AND fitting the Harley in there but it's a go!

how much space were you working with in your toy hauler? We want to tow our bikes - any tips on how to set up the bikes? Looking to fit an electra glide (bagger!) and my little pumpkin . I'm convinced we'll have to buy a bigger trailer...secretly hoping there's another solution! Thanks

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly !

Spyder Garage

If I can get away, I may make a day trip. I'm just outside of Boston on the North shore.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

For those of you who aren't going to Gatlinburg......... we'll be at the Blue Ben Diner in Bennington (Route 7) at 9 a.m. on Saturday, September 27th - so far the weather is looking good! We'll be in VT by Thursday at some point and we will be there until we check out on Monday.

I am checking with the lovely bride (the boss) right now. We're just in Berkshire County, MA-- a nice, twisty ride from Bennington, VT four towns away.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

and me will for a

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Oops..and Wait--COOL!

Smylinacha

I forgot... The Cycle City sponsored Fall Run to benefit the Shriners Hospital is Sunday. If anyone is coming to your Bennington gathering, and is around on Sunday for a quick 60 mile ride, here's a nice article from a couple years ago, and the
    brochure for this year

I'll still swing up to Bennington on Saturday with ole PE #2929 (tho' I don't think I'll be able to show off the new paint job yet) either with son or daughter or with lovely bride.

Hey, Sopher, if you (or anybody else) comes from the east like Boston or Worcester, you need to go right near us to get to Bennington; we could connect here if you want...

Spyder Garage

[quote=Monique;51214]
    For those of you who aren't going to Gatlinburg......

how much space were you working with in your toy hauler? We want to tow our bikes - any tips on how to set up the bikes? Looking to fit an electra glide (bagger!) and my little pumpkin . I'm convinced we'll have to buy a bigger trailer...secretly hoping there's another solution! Thanks
    Hey Monique! My hubby, HDXBONES will reply shortly about the dimensions since I'm not the expert here I will take some pics today of it and will upload them tonight when I get back from our ride!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Smylinacha

I forgot... The Cycle City sponsored Fall Run to benefit the Shriners Hospital is Sunday. If anyone is coming to your Bennington gathering, and is around on Sunday for a quick 60 mile ride, here's a nice article from a couple years ago, and the
    brochure for this year

I'll still swing up to Bennington on Saturday with ole PE #2929 (tho' I don't think I'll be able to show off the new paint job yet) either with son or daughter or with lovely bride.

Hey, Sopher, if you (or anybody else) comes from the east like Boston or Worcester, you need to go right near us to get to Bennington; we could connect here if you want...
    Cool! Looking forward to meet up w/ ya! We LOVE the Blue Benn! Can't wait to eat some pancakes!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    and me will for a
    Shall we get a bed ready for you in the toy hauler? Come on - YOU'RE GOING FOR THE WHOLE TRIP

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher View Post
    If I can get away, I may make a day trip. I'm just outside of Boston on the North shore.
    Hope to be able to hook up w/ ya!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    You did well. I was worried when I first tried to load the Spyder and additional bikes in my trailer. I managed to get in the Arachnid and two small bikes, and keep the tongue weight acceptable. No way to do that with my Beemer in there with the Spyder, though. I am jealous!
    -Scotty
    We used to be able to tow his Roadglide & my softail and get them in no problem - this was definitely GREAT NEWS when we found out yesterday we could get both our toys in! I'll take some pics on how we did it and post them up later

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[quote=Smylinacha;51256]
    Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    ...HDXBONES will reply shortly about the dimensions since I'm not the expert here I will take some pics today of it and will upload them tonight when I get back from our ride!
    Helps us too, thanks.

The lovely bride and I are thinking of investing in a trailer for next season. Just collecting people's recommendations now...

Spyder Garage

[quote=jeuchler;51305]

Helps us too, thanks.

The lovely bride and I are thinking of investing in a trailer for next season. Just collecting people's recommendations now...
    I posted under a different thread - Toy Hauler/Spyder/RoadGlide Set Up

Spyder Garage

Default Would 10 a.m. be better for anyone going?

Would 10 am be better to hook up on Saturday - anyone? Just figure it will give people more time to get there. And I'm always knnown to run late from sleeping in too much

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Would 10 am be better to hook up on Saturday - anyone? Just figure it will give people more time to get there. And I'm always knnown to run late from sleeping in too much
    10 is better, but hey, I'll cave to Spyder peer pressure...also, I'm close, so nobody'll let me complain much about times...

Whatever you all want!

Also, I forgot (again) that Saturday night before the Fall Run is Bike Night in Adams, MA, home of Mount Greylock:

...really not far south from Bennington, VT. Runs from 4pm ish to 9 pm. Bunch of restaurants open, vendors there, bands, raffles, etc.
    It'd be cool to have a bunch of Spyders there.
    Last edited by jeuchler; 09-21-2008 at 09:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

Helps us too, thanks.

Is this before or after you get her, her own Spyder? dltang thought she had your wife talked into one for sure.

Spyder Garage

10 is better, but hey, I'll cave to Spyder peer pressure...also, I'm close, so nobody'll let me complain much about times...

Whatever you all want!

Also, I forgot (again) that Saturday night before the Fall Run is Bike Night in Adams, MA, home of Mount Greylock:

...really not far south from Bennington, VT. Runs from 4pm ish to 9 pm. Bunch of restaurants open, vendors there, bands, raffles, etc.
    It'd be cool to have a bunch of Spyders there.
    OK, let's shoot for 10 a.m. then. That ride sounds cool for Sat night! I'll check w/ HDX. There is also a big car show in Burlington we might go to - not sure yet. Oh, and we know North Adams very well - two years ago we accidentally got stuck in some parade there (this time of year). We tried getting out by going on all the side streets but ended up on the main road going int the reverse direction of the parade - it was funny! The cops actually let us ride the parade backwards LOL!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

no not you

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Shall we get a bed ready for you in the toy hauler? Come on - YOU'RE GOING FOR THE WHOLE TRIP
    If the other half gets the lawn done and everything weeded we will ride up Saturday am and stay Sunday

Spyder Garage

no not you
    I notice if I don't over do it the night before I can wake up early in the morning

Spyder Garage

If the other half gets the lawn done and everything weeded we will ride up Saturday am and stay Sunday
    Excellent! We'll be campin in style! Is Steve coming? If he is, I better load up on potatoes - remember when he ate 1/2 dozen of them the last time LOL!
    I think we are gonna do Mt. Greylock on Friday. Then after the Blue Benn on Sat maybe we'll all go riding the usual route that we've gone up there - towards Killington. I hear there is a really cool very large car show in Burlington this weekend - at Heavenly Donuts last night Pat was telling us about it - maybe we'll cruise up there on Sunday - wish you guys could stay longer.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Is this before or after you get her, her own Spyder? dltang thought she had your wife talked into one for sure.
    (Actually, I'm thinking of quitting my job and just becoming her full-time chauffeur!)

Hey, Brian, get yourself back on that Gatlinburg thread and go eat some tritips and start posting some photos!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

OK, let's shoot for 10 a.m. then. That ride sounds cool for Sat night! I'll check w/ HDX. There is also a big car show in Burlington we might go to - not sure yet. Oh, and we know North Adams very well - two years ago we accidentally got stuck in some parade there...
    Ha! Yup, that was the fall foliage parade. You're too early for it by at least a week this time, but you might get "caught" in the fall motorcycle run on Sunday if you're still anywhere near there...could be 2,000 motorcycles!

Spyder Garage

Ha! Yup, that was the fall foliage parade. You're too early for it by at least a week this time, but you might get "caught" in the fall motorcycle run on Sunday if you're still anywhere near there...could be 2,000 motorcycles!
    Hoping the weather holds - right now it's not looking good - we are still heading to VT anyway. I'll have the laptop w/ me. If it's raining hard Sat morning, I'll be sleeping in.