Spyder Garage

Default CB Transmit Problem Fixed - Now Suspension Problem?

Had the dealer replace the multifunction gauge today to correct the CB radio transmit hang problem. The 2011 multifunction gauge fixed the CB problem. However, during the ride home I tried adjusting the rear suspension (RT-S) and now I get a orange "manual" symbol in place of the normal five bar indicator on the left side of the digital panel. When I use the hard/soft button the definitely raises and lowers so I'm thinking something needs to be setup in the new multifunction gauge. Called the dealer and they want to me to return tomorrow to check for error codes. Anyone else have this problem?

Spyder Garage

I have two neighbor ryding buddies with RT-S and they have both had to return to dealer for a BUDS reflashing to correct problem. Mine has worked so far...knock on wood.

Spyder Garage

had that same issue. posted about it in the original CB thread. your max and min settings of the compressor is set at the same height.

they need to connect it to the computer and reset the max and min levels of the suspension. easy fix done in 15 mins.
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    had that same issue. posted about it in the original CB thread. your max and min settings of the compressor is set at the same height.

they need to connect it to the computer and reset the max and min levels of the suspension. easy fix done in 15 mins.
    Thanks Clueless.

I'll let the tech know tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Have them check Warranty Bulletin 2011-001.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Just returned from the dealer where the tech corrected the rear suspension display problem by totally recalibrating the system.
    He said BRP told them what needed to be done to swap out the 2010 console with the 2011 but said noting about the recalibration

I mentioned Warranty Bulletin 2011-001 but the tech said it didn't apply to this issue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1551retired View Post
    Just returned from the dealer where the tech corrected the rear suspension display problem by totally recalibrating the system.
    He said BRP told them what needed to be done to swap out the 2010 console with the 2011 but said noting about the recalibration

I mentioned Warranty Bulletin 2011-001 but the tech said it didn't apply to this issue
    I got the the number wrong. The correct number is Warranty Campaign 2011-006. So much for relying on memory. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27048 Some clusters were programmed with identical upper and lower rear suspension limits. My 2011 had to have this situation corrected.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 06-07-2011 at 12:07 PM.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Is there a place that we can look up "warranty campaigns and/or service bullletins?"
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.