Spyder Garage

Exclamation Spyderweb Across America - WA

OK folks... Lets get this party started shall we? It seems clear that Lamont has come up with a pretty cool idea (Link) and I for one feel compelled to help make it happen.

What routes shall we take? Should any of these be combined with our friends in Oregon or Idaho?

Things I think we should have on the table to consider...

• Not running on Holidays
    • Possibly do a relay type event? Passing an item of an original design that would be handed from one ryder to the next? Maybe it mounts on the Spyder some how so as folks see us they know that ryder/ryders are running the event?
    • Possibly check points along the way and a contact list given to the participants (Not post on the web at all for all to see, but a private one) for verification of the route taken and or issues/break downs along the way?
    • Videos. Or like I now do with my Go-Pro... Pics every 30 seconds. For the memories and fun factor to post here
    • Shirts? Or "I participated" stickers?

Anyway... Just off the cuff thoughts, and love this idea... Input please!!!
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

Wink

Almost forgot.. If you have a Garmin they have a Ralley Route of maps (Link). Just putting it out there for stimulus to the ideas...
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

Default KISS

At this point I am IN...but would like to see the age old KISS theory applied:
    Not make it so technical/involved that folks say "to much"....besides my aged spidey brain operates much better on simple.
    Cascade Gateway Loup is a nice ryde with wonderful sites and places of interest...covers both east/west of cascade mts.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Wink

Woooo Whoo!!! I am a huge fan of KISS. Makes my life easy... Just tossing stuff out there to break the ice

We thought about doing the 410 loop (That is what we call it, around MT Rainer) today but decided to go up to North Bend from Auburn, then the back-roads up from northern North Bend to Carnation to Duval to Monroe and back... It was fun

Spyder Garage

Talking

ok... Some more thoughts...

Since the whole idea is about ryding.. here is a list of ten locations we could include in a ryde...

Some ideas here as well (Link)

1. Pikes Place market
    2. Flight Museum
    3. Mt. St. Helens
    4. Mt Baker
    5. 410 around Mt. Rainer
    6. Ocean Shores
    7. Moses Lake
    8. Whidbey Island
    9. Snoqualmie Falls
    10. Thorp Mill

Anyway... Just thoughts...

Spyder Garage

Red face

We need input people!

Spyder Garage

hwy 20?
    grand coulee damn

gust thoughts maybe add to list if you come over hwy 20 from eastern wash you can go right up hwy 9 to mt baker very nice ride then maybe down chukanut?
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

full moon soon to be blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by truck 85 View Post
    hwy 20?
    grand coulee damn

gust thoughts maybe add to list if you come over hwy 20 from eastern wash you can go right up hwy 9 to mt baker very nice ride then maybe down chukanut?
    I'm in Western WA and I think we should include some spots on the East side. Grand Coulee is definitely one.

How about Dry Falls?
    Chelan?
    Columbia River Gorge?
    Spokane?
    Others???

Spyder Garage

Good list.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wukka View Post
    I'm in Western WA and I think we should include some spots on the East side. Grand Coulee is definitely one.

How about Dry Falls?
    Chelan?
    Columbia River Gorge?
    Spokane?
    Others???
    your pretty good at the map thing maybe when we get togather on the 9th

we can lay out a route over lunch with some other input?
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

full moon soon to be blue

Spyder Garage

Default LOLLOLLOL

Great list developing...EXCEPT for Moses Lake???? You've got to be kidding me...we east siders refer to it as Moses Hole ..but if ML stays on the list I will still ryde with you!!!! At least I know where Starbuck's is..
    I have a huge (4 ac) yard...big house with several sleeping areas (a few of them creative..but hey better than the ground!!!)...and an open door policy..BBQ is handy as is the pool...I no longer swim in our wonderful lake..that aging thingy...prefer my 78 degree pool!!! Yep, I've become a wuss..used to be swimming in the lake on memorial day..maybe just maybe mid August I will give her my annual entry!!!! whining all the way...
    Seriously: consider doing the Cascade Loop..easy 2 day ryde..could make Chelan the stop over..
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IWN2RYD View Post
    ok... Some more thoughts...

Since the whole idea is about ryding.. here is a list of ten locations we could include in a ryde...

Some ideas here as well (Link)

1. Pikes Place market
    2. Flight Museum
    3. Mt. St. Helens
    4. Mt Baker
    5. 410 around Mt. Rainer
    6. Ocean Shores
    7. Moses Lake
    8. Whidbey Island
    9. Snoqualmie Falls
    10. Thorp Mill

Anyway... Just thoughts...
    From the East (Ohio) I would submit...
    Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (Cleveland)
    NFL Hall of Fame (Canton)
    Hopewell Mounds and Serpent Mound
    Underground Railroad (several sites in OH)
    Cuyahoga Valley National Park (Cleveland to Akron)
    Brandywine Falls (in CVNP)
    Olentangy Caverns (I've never been there).

What about visiting the HIGHEST POINT in each state (provided a road goes there. That would leave states like California out. Maybe the HIGHEST ROAD in each state would be good.).

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar