Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come on guys!

Spyder Garage

Default Come on guys!

We need to get our crap together! We are probably the least active state in the Spyderlover community. I know we are in Wisconsin and its FINALLY nice but... We need to start meeting our fellow Wisconsin spyder riders. Time to start organizing things. Elkspyder and Bersquack are the veterans here so with their help () I'd like to start up some "Meet,Greet and Ride". If everyone can put in their 2cents on when and where. We could start with smaller locally MGRs weekly. Maybe take over Two Wheel Tuesdays. and maybe once a monthly/bimonthly we travel north,south,east or west to MGR with everyone else. Hopefully we are able to get out and cover the entire state to hang with our fellow Spyderlovers

What do you say

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm not in WI but do most of my riding there. Last weekend was a ride around Lake Koshonong with lunch at the Anchor Inn. I would love to join you guys for a ride.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

2 responses really. And they're from Illinois. Looks like I gotta move.

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jvicker View Post
    I know of 15 other WI Spyders, must all be out riding!

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

I am thinking about rYding my Spyder to a business meeting in Brookfield in August. Does that count?

Seriously, If I do, I'm stopping in Cherry Valley IL to eat at Salamones Pizza. Grown partial to that place!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    I am thinking about rYding my Spyder to a business meeting in Brookfield in August. Does that count?

Seriously, If I do, I'm stopping in Cherry Valley IL to eat at Salamones Pizza. Grown partial to that place!
    Let me know when you are coming and we can meet up.

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    Let me know when you are coming and we can meet up.

Spyder Garage

troubles for a guy like me is location and therefore time. most everyone else on here is in the eastern part of the state. me being in the extreme west, makes for a 3 hour trip just to find other ryders. working every other weekend doesnt help either.
    hopefully i will get some time to head east soon and meet some of you. until then if any of you are heading west on I-90, holler at me and I will do all i can to hook up and ryde.
    Last edited by TLesky; 06-20-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Spyder Garage

Another Norther Illinois member willing to come up to WI to ryde. I suggest the world famous Brat Stop if we need a place. Biker friendly.. I'm riding with ElkSpyder to MV so we can start discussing a Northern MidWest group...
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wink

We need to get our crap together! We are probably the least active state in the Spyderlover community. I know we are in Wisconsin and its FINALLY nice but... We need to start meeting our fellow Wisconsin spyder riders. Time to start organizing things. Elkspyder and Bersquack are the veterans here so with their help () I'd like to start up some "Meet,Greet and Ride". If everyone can put in their 2cents on when and where. We could start with smaller locally MGRs weekly. Maybe take over Two Wheel Tuesdays. and maybe once a monthly/bimonthly we travel north,south,east or west to MGR with everyone else. Hopefully we are able to get out and cover the entire state to hang with our fellow Spyderlovers

What do you say
    Howdy I am from Mo and in Merrill now. Would love to have somebody show me THEIR roads. Could meet around Shawno? Sometime Fri or Sat the 10th or 11th?. Haven't seen ANY spyders up here on the roads yet. Believe they are shy and in hiding.

Spyder Garage

We will be heading to WI after Maggy Valley. Have kids in Janesville and Platteville(our orginal home) around the 1st of July and will probably stay a couple of weeks. Would love to meet up with others.

Spyder Garage

Wishing you luck on getting organized rides with fellow lovers. Same problem here in AK. Everyone is out doing their own thing.

Fortunately I have a group of friends in a general motorcycle club that I ride with weekly from May through September.

Have been riding with them for 10 years now.

It is nice to enjoy the camaraderie and friendship of regular riding friends.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    Howdy I am from Mo and in Merrill now. Would love to have somebody show me THEIR roads. Could meet around Shawno? Sometime Fri or Sat the 10th or 11th?. Haven't seen ANY spyders up here on the roads yet. Believe they are shy and in hiding.
    You have Harbear just to your east and HDmod a little ways to your south. You might PM them to see if they want to get together for a ride.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DaBusses View Post
    We will be heading to WI after Maggy Valley. Have kids in Janesville and Platteville(our orginal home) around the 1st of July and will probably stay a couple of weeks. Would love to meet up with others.
    Would love to get together! There is a fellow Spyder rider that camps up at the lake and Janesville is only 30 minutes away (or and hour taking the scenic tour). My father in-law has a condo in Cape Canaveral were he spends the winter.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am willing and able to go riding. I hope I can meet everyone at Lamonts BBQ or the BRP owners event in Maggie Valley, then maybe we can get our act together and go riding.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wildwoman View Post
    I am willing and able to go riding. I hope I can meet everyone at Lamonts BBQ or the BRP owners event in Maggie Valley, then maybe we can get our act together and go riding.
    Were are you located in WI? I keep a map of everyone in WI so I can make contact if I'm going to be riding in the area.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am located just north of Mad City in Waunakee. Have 15k on our RTS to date. Most of those miles outside of our great State. However many nice touring rode's just to the west and north of my location!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am glad that I invited all to attend the the 2011 Wisconsin Road Run. It looks like I had great timing for that invite. I look forward to seeing all of you fellow spyder riders at the event and beyond! I have since posted a new thread on the main forum to get even more interest. Thanks guys and gals for supporting riding in Wisconsin for breast cancer.

Spyder Garage

I would love to go if the date works. It's a little more difficult because i work 2 jobs. My hubby and I have off the 1st week of August and are planning a ride with no set destination or plans.

we usually do most of our rides sundays after 3. so if that works for anyone... lmk .. we are located in Appleton
    Lovin' my Spyder!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sorry for the late reply, I don't read the forum as often as I used to.

I'd be up for a ride on a weekend. Just let me know when and if I'm available I'll be there.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

@Jeff. My wife and I are planning to make the trip over to your neck of the woods for the WI ride. Any plans together yet for Spyder ryders to meet ahead of time??

Spyder Garage

My hubby and I are making the ride... leaving out of Appleton
    Lovin' my Spyder!

Spyder Garage

I would be up for a Wisconsin Spyder get together and ryde. I think someone just needs to take the lead. Pick a time and place and go from there.

Spyder Garage

Just a thought. There is a outting on Sunday, July 10 at Woodstock Public House on Main ST in Woodstock Il. The ride is a Spyder ride and is very close to WI. Breakfast and all bike out at !0:00 a.m. The ride is for Gavers Community Cancer Foundation. Ride ends at Burlington, WI. Pig roast, Raffles and live intertainment by Southern Exposure. $25.00/Bike $15.00 for aditional passenger... For info call Dave Robertson at (815) 814-5347. See you there! Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by recordingguy View Post
    Just a thought. There is a outting on Sunday, July 10 at Woodstock Public House on Main ST in Woodstock Il. The ride is a Spyder ride and is very close to WI. Breakfast and all bike out at !0:00 a.m. The ride is for Gavers Community Cancer Foundation. Ride ends at Burlington, WI. Pig roast, Raffles and live intertainment by Southern Exposure. $25.00/Bike $15.00 for aditional passenger... For info call Dave Robertson at (815) 814-5347. See you there! Bob
    Thanks for the info., I would go but I am on-call that day. Have fun and a safe ryde.