Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Gee, I guess I touched a button!!! Well, today will probably be another "rain riding practice" day. Maybe I should be a Postal carrier..."Neither rain, sleet nor..." Now I really can

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards
    See how popular riding in the rain is? You have joined a great sub-group of nuts.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sub group of nuts! Sub group of nuts! Hey Scotty, I was at SpyderFest ie. NutFest! Why do you think I felt so at home and had such a great time. I found my lost Tribe

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    I've been using a Firstgear Mesh Jacket [armored] for years ' I find that at temps under 60 degrees it actually cools you a little too much.
    I love my mesh jackets and pants....but I don't turn off my heated gear until mid to upper 70's. Mesh goes on at 85 degrees or above. At 95 or above, a dampened cooling vest goes under the mesh and I have goose bumps until we hit 100 degrees . At least the Spyder has plenty of space for all my assorted riding clothes needs! I never used my rain boot covers until this summer - use one to cover my cast on the Spyder so that bite-y or sting-y bugs don't fly into the open toe end of it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Sub group of nuts! Sub group of nuts! Hey Scotty, I was at SpyderFest ie. NutFest! Why do you think I felt so at home and had such a great time. I found my lost Tribe
    Yes, and a fine group of nuts it is!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hey, John, next time you ride in the rain make a video and post it. Big Red 1 and I would just like to be able to see a little rain. It's been so long since we've had rain in west Texas that we've forgotten what it looks like.

But when it does rain I agree with the others that the Spyder is a nice ride in the rain. In cool weather I wear a Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket that turns the water very well and a Firstgear mesh jacket with a waterproof liner in warmer weather. Either season I wear a pair of Fieldsheer over pants and a pair of Roadman boots that I've had for at least 30 years and are no longer made. I've got some waterproof gloves but I just don't like to wear them so I usually just wear mesh gloves and let my hands get wet unless it's really cold. Right now, a nice ride in the rain would be great!

Cotton

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    Hey, John, next time you ride in the rain make a video and post it. Big Red 1 and I would just like to be able to see a little rain. It's been so long since we've had rain in west Texas that we've forgotten what it looks like.

But when it does rain I agree with the others that the Spyder is a nice ride in the rain. In cool weather I wear a Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket that turns the water very well and a Firstgear mesh jacket with a waterproof liner in warmer weather. Either season I wear a pair of Fieldsheer over pants and a pair of Roadman boots that I've had for at least 30 years and are no longer made. I've got some waterproof gloves but I just don't like to wear them so I usually just wear mesh gloves and let my hands get wet unless it's really cold. Right now, a nice ride in the rain would be great!

Cotton
    The next time I ride, it probably will be the next time it rains! I would be happy to share some ot Oregon's rain with you if I could. Hate to think I;m hogging it.