Thread: Xenon kit...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Xenon kit...

Hey guys I purchased my 2011 RS-S a few weeks ago. I now purchased the fog light kit thru Can Am and I installed a xenon kit onto the fog lights and head lights. Now when I turn my bike on I get error codes such as VSS,check trans and so fourth. Also when I turn my fog lights on the bike shuts off. I know many people have xenon lighting on there bikes and were not purchased thru can am. PLEASE help me....

Spyder Garage

We purchased all (xenon headlights, foglights and extra harness) through CAN AM, no regrets. Everything matched up, directions went well. No software conflict.
    Carol Smead
    2010 RTS Blue, gone but not forgotten
    Former owner of 2008 PE #1032 Yellow

Spyder Garage

You paid 8-9 hundred bucks for xenon headlights ?
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    You paid 8-9 hundred bucks for xenon headlights ?
    Those HELLA hid are expensive!!!!
    6 states down 42 states to go

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So what about the non can am brand HID systems???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by powerbeast View Post
    So what about the non can am brand HID systems???
    I think you may wanna add more info.
    What brand?
    Factory wiring or relay harness?
    Do they work with fogs off?
    Where are the ballast mounted?
    As much as you can

Spyder Garage

aka1004 is asking some very good questions.

Try this and let us know what happens. Make sure the fogs are off before you attempt to start the Spyder. Start it and let it warm up some, at least until your headlights have reached full power. Give the Spyder a little throttle, like 2500 RPM, and turn on the fog lights.

There are quite a few people who have had issues with aftermarket kits lately. Some have been able to resolve them, while others have not. Hopefully you will be in the first group.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    I think you may wanna add more info.
    What brand?
    Factory wiring or relay harness?
    Do they work with fogs off?
    Where are the ballast mounted?
    As much as you can
    Are you running the factory BRP HID set up? My headlight work fine but the problems start occuring after I switch my fog lights on.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Beast, I am Not the one to help , most likely but I was trying to get you to give more info so others can.
    "my hid is triggering fault code" is a question with too many possibilities for anybody to give advice.
    You need to state what brand, when and where and at what instances, as much as you can.

There are quite a few ryders with same symptoms so you should get help if you give a little more info.

As for myself, I going with hid in head(non brp) and led in fogs in same color.

Spyder Garage

Are you running the factory BRP HID set up? My headlight work fine but the problems start occuring after I switch my fog lights on.
    Have you tried what I suggested above yet? It would help to know what happens when you do.

I have 55 watt 6,000K HID headlights running and 35 watt 3,000K HID fog lights. Mine work fine when I let the Spyder warm up and allow the headlights to fully charge first. If I leave the fog lights on and try to start the Spyder, or try to turn them on too early, it is a crap shoot on whether it will throw a code or not.

I am pretty sure it all has to do with the amount of current they are pulling when trying to initially fire up, once they are on without any codes they will stay on without any problems.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If you have been playing with it a lot then charge your battery. Hid's hate a low battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Have you tried what I suggested above yet? It would help to know what happens when you do.

I have 55 watt 6,000K HID headlights running and 35 watt 3,000K HID fog lights. Mine work fine when I let the Spyder warm up and allow the headlights to fully charge first. If I leave the fog lights on and try to start the Spyder, or try to turn them on too early, it is a crap shoot on whether it will throw a code or not.

I am pretty sure it all has to do with the amount of current they are pulling when trying to initially fire up, once they are on without any codes they will stay on without any problems.
    I will try that later tomorrow, but yes I have been turning on my fog lights as soon as I turn the bike on also sometimes forgetting to turn them off before I shut down the spyder. Its been a few days now I haven't turned on my fogs and my headlights are working and no error codes have been on....

Spyder Garage

I will try that later tomorrow, but yes I have been turning on my fog lights as soon as I turn the bike on also sometimes forgetting to turn them off before I shut down the spyder. Its been a few days now I haven't turned on my fogs and my headlights are working and no error codes have been on....
    Hopefully waiting longer to turn the fogs on will work for you as it does for me.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!