Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Poker Run Aug 28 2011

Hi everyone from Mi. There is a poker run to benefit Camp Hope which is in Farmington Mo. This marvelous place is a rehab facility for our disabled veterans which specializes in outdoor activities. The ride starts at the Amvets post in DeSoto Mo.

Last year it was a 99 mile ride and was terrific. The only bad part of this event was that we were the only Spyder riders there. It sure would be nice if others could show up this year in support.

Please visit their website and see whats happening in your area
    www.chrisnealfarm.com See you in August, Bill

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

I have put this on my radar. I subscribed to the thread so I can keep up with the action. Can't commit yet, but when it gets closer I would very much like to go and would be proud to rYde along with you!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Poker Run Aug. 28,2011

Count me in I am from the Farmington area.

Spyder Garage

Giving this a little bump. I have a trip to Wisconsin in august but I dont think it will interfere. Hope others can make this too!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hope that you can still make it Steve and thank you for the bump. If any of the Mo gang wants a good ride for a good cause please join us. See ya in August. Billl

Spyder Garage

Yep. I am planning on being there! We will touch base as the date gets closer. Maybe meet somewhere in the area and roll in as a group? Maybe some of the MoGang crew can join us! I will also try to get my two wheel buddy FarmerJim to come along.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Ryde Aug. 28th

Bill, do you know if anyone else is coming from the Farmington area ? I thought maybe some of us could meet up in farmington. thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydermonkey4 View Post
    Bill, do you know if anyone else is coming from the Farmington area ? I thought maybe some of us could meet up in farmington. thanks
    I'll be coming up from south of Farmington. Let me know when and where. I'll meet up with you.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We should be in Farmington Thursday as soon as I know any info or times of when we are leaving to head to Desota on Sat I will call you Steve. Hopefully you can post any info for me since I will not have internet access to let anyone intested know. Thanks Bill

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by medic 1 View Post
    We should be in Farmington Thursday as soon as I know any info or times of when we are leaving to head to Desota on Sat I will call you Steve. Hopefully you can post any info for me since I will not have internet access to let anyone intested know. Thanks Bill
    I'll be happy to post any info you forward. I'll pm my cell number to you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by medic 1 View Post
    Hey Bill,
    If I don't answer that means I am probably in a meeting at work, so be sure to leave a message.
    Hope you got my PM on the cell number.

If anyone else is interested in going, it sounds like a good time and a good cause!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hello all, well tomorrow is the day to join us on a ride for a wonderful cause, CAMP HOPE (which is a rehab facility for disabled veterans that specializes in outdoor activities). We will be meeting at the abandoned gas station in the Wally world parking lot in Farmington at 0745-800 from there going to the AMVETS Post 48 in De Sota for the ride. We should be there around 0900 and the last rider leaves at 1030.

All riders are back around 1630 for raffles, prizes, food and entertainment. This is also a great chance to meet William White, the founder of Camp Hope, other Gold star families and veterans that have benefited from Camp Hope. On Sunday there will also be an open house at Camp Hope to see all that it has to offer.

See you there and Thank You all for your support, Bill and Ann Marie

Spyder Garage

....Bill, sorry that Linda and I can't make the ryde. If they do another one be sure to post on the Mo. site again. Thanks!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Default Great Day even though the Spyders were outnumbered almost a hundred to one!

Connie and I made the trip to Farmington to meet up with Bill (Medic1) and his wife Ann Marie. Brenda (SpyderMonkey4) also joined us and we had a really nice day.

After meeting Bill and Ann Marie in Farmington, we rode up to Desoto where Brenda joined us. Bill and Ann Marie are from Flint MI, while Brenda is from here in Missouri. Brenda is now going to join us on a MoGang rYde this weekend! She is a very cool lady. Can't wait for everyone to meet her.

So, to give you a little summary, Camp Hope was the benefactor of this rYde. Bill and Ann Marie lost a son, Brandon, in Iraq in 2006. They also had some friends Will and Lia who lost their son Chris in the same IED attack. These folks put together a camp for wounded and disabled veterans. The camp brings them together with other veterans from all over the USA who have paid a very high price serving our country, so they can share common experiences, pains, and recovery. The camp is in a wooded setting and the veterans have hunts and fishing trips organized to help them get away, for just a little while, from the injuries they have suffered. You just have to see it to understand how cool it is. It really makes you reflect on what serving our country has cost so many families and Vets. Honestly, we saw so many things, it is just impossible to put into words. We got a personal tour and I can't thank Will, Lia, Bill and Ann Marie enough for their hospitality. Here is a link to the website; http://www.chrisnealfarm.com/main/

I shot a very short video, sorry it isn't longer, but I only have the iPhone and didn't have a nice video camera mounted on my RT. Wish I did. The site of all of us pulling out of the AmVet post in Desoto was awesome.

See the video here:

Also got a pic of the three RTs together below. I think Bill may have some other pics to send to me and I'll post them when they have a chance to email them to me.

Camp Hope Trip 030.jpg
    Last edited by SteveMac; 08-29-2011 at 07:30 AM.