Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Dual Exhaust and ?

I've ordered a Two Brothers Dual Exhaust with P1X powertips for my RSS. What else do I need to add along with the exhaust? I've read several threads regarding a Juice Box...do I need it? Also, when is the best time to install the exhaust (i.e., mileage)? My new Spyder has just over 100 miles on it.

Spyder Garage

Just installing the exhaust you should be fine. The ECM has enough flexibility to adjust for that. The main thing is when you install the new exhaust you want to let the Spyder idle for 15 minutes to give the ECM enough time to remap the fuel program.

If you start adding other things, like an air intake system, then you may run into Juice Box territory. I am currently running a K&N air filter in the stock air box with the Hindle exhaust. I added the Evoluzione O2 modifier to the mix and my Spyder runs great with that set up.

You can add the new pipe anytime you are ready.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Evoluzione O2 modifier made a big difference on mine when I added the Two Bros dual setup.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks! Is the O2 modifier easy to install?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes View Post
    Thanks! Is the O2 modifier easy to install?
    YES....I suggest not leaving the original 02 sensor in the exhaust, use the fill plug provided.
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Spyder Garage

i also put the 02 mod on at the time i put on the pipe at 150 miles ,runs grate.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Okay...so I decided to get the O2 modifier...can you recommend a website to buy it from?

Spyder Garage

Okay...so I decided to get the O2 modifier...can you recommend a website to buy it from?
    http://www.evoluzione.net/evo-cycle-can-am.htm
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Spyder Garage

If Nicko doesn't buy it, you can't beat this deal: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=28675
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for the help!!!

I bought and installed a Two Brothers Dual Exhaust "Black Series" with a Evoluzione O2 Modifier. I also added the P1X powertips to bring the decibels down a notch (don't want to set off all the car alarms as I leave the neighborhood). It sounds amazing and looks GREAT!

Spyder Garage

Im glad it worked for you i have a 08gs and tb duals with knfilter and no luck with jb and 02mod ended up going with pcv and runs like a raped ape no more poping on decel and hesitation is gone.

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for the help!!!

I bought and installed a Two Brothers Dual Exhaust "Black Series" with a Evoluzione O2 Modifier. I also added the P1X powertips to bring the decibels down a notch (don't want to set off all the car alarms as I leave the neighborhood). It sounds amazing and looks GREAT!
    Glad to hear you got things sorted out to your liking.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Does the 02 mod work ok with 2011 on the website it says it's for 08 and 09. I put a Two Brothers Dual Exhaust on my wife's RS-S and it doesn't idle very smooth now. I want to add the tips but haven't yet.
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S Pure Magnesium Metallic, with SM5 transmission, Two Brothers muffler, cup holder ,clam shell ISO grips,I pod nano and chrome handlebars. Utopia backrest,chrome foot pegs, chrome passenger floor boards,chrome shifter and brake pedal,chrome windshield bracket and chrome kewlmetal highway pegs

Harleyrick

Spyder Garage

I've ordered a Two Brothers Dual Exhaust with P1X powertips for my RSS. What else do I need to add along with the exhaust? I've read several threads regarding a Juice Box...do I need it? Also, when is the best time to install the exhaust (i.e., mileage)? My new Spyder has just over 100 miles on it.
    Earplugs. Seriously... Just inject epoxy in your ear canals....You're going to need it.

That dual setup sounds awesome at idle and is stupid loud at speed... But sounds awesome... like a hot rod.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER