Join Mid-Atlantic Spyderryders on our trip down to Maggie Valley, NC! Steven Shantz and I are set to head out on June 15th. If anyone wants to join in from the greater Baltimore area, then we can set up a local meet up point and head out to the main meet up point at Front Royal, VA. For others wishing to join in from the greater DC/VA area, please ryde directly to the meet up point in Front Royal. The actual BRP/Can Am Owners' event doesn't start until June 17th. Departing the 15th, we'll endeavor to intercept Lamont Bryden's BBQ in Mosheim, TN on the 16th before heading over to Cherokee/Maggie Valley. There's also an option to do Tail of the Dragon the morning of the 17th, before the weekend (avoiding crotch rockets and sports cars). From the afternoon of the 17th on, we'll pretty much be on Event schedule.
Others planning on attending this event should be aware that accommodations in the Maggie Valley/Cherokee NC areas will dry up rapidly from here on in. We found unrestricted reservations for under $100.00 per night at Microtel, Ramada and Comfort Inns in Maggie Valley. Yet, there were more choices available two days before I made my reservation. Other accommodations are availabie in Cherokee; about 13 miles south. Both towns are in the greater resort area and support all events in the area. Our Event HQ is the Maggie Valley Festival Area, of US 19.

We will plan on departing for the return trip north on the 20th, we could ride out of Maggie Valley, back up I-40 to I-81. I have tentative plans are to ride up into Kentucky for a few days, and would be cutting off at US 25E. Anyone ryding down with me should be prepared to trek back to VA/MD separately. 563 Miles one way. Looking at overnighting in Christiansburg, VA on the way down. Website for the SOE event (registration) is http://can-amvip.brp.com.

Details, meetup points, etc. are at This Link