Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Broken arm update

It started with a broken arm the Saturday before spyderfest this is why I did not make it.now found out I also have a detatched bicep muscle. having surgery on Monday the 16th can't ride for 3 to 6 mo said Doc sooner if I have anything to do about it and the wife don't find out. hope for the next spyderfest.
    take care and safe riding to all.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am sorry to hear that your ryding season (and health!) have been hit so very hard! The best of luck to you for a speedy and uneventful recovery...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hope all goes well - got my bionic knee in January, and couldn't even get on the Spyder for 3 months….

Getting old is crummy, but better than the alternative...
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

get better soon.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your situation. That will be a long wait but if they can fix it then it will be worth it in the end so that you can get back in the saddle.

Thay want to cut me open too to relocate the Ulnar nerve in my left arm which would put me down for almost the same time frame but I pretty much told them what they could do with that idea! It may end up that I have no choice but to do it but I'm gonna wait and see for now. A second opinion will also be obtained.

You take good care and heal fast!
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear you have additional troubles. Take your time, do as the doctor (and your wife) tells you, and don't rush back to the Spyder. Better a lifetime of future riding than a quick thrill and continued medical issues.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks all, I will do what the doc tells me. Had both knees replaced back in 09 was back riding in 2 mo after each one the wife did not like it but after 35 yrs it's hard to say off the bike.

Spyder Garage

I uptured my bicep tendon a few years ago. VERY painful!!! So it's not something you can simply live with. I am hoping your surgery goes well. PT is a pain in the neck, but DO IT!!!!! Wishing you the best!! There will be more ryding when you are ready!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear the disappointing news... I'm in the same boat with a busted collar bone on one side and a Proximal Humerus Fracture (broke the ball at the end) on the other shoulder a couple weeks before Spyderfest.

It'll heal if you let it. Or that's what everyone keeps telling me. It's hard not to try and use it tho... I've always thought that if it hurts and doesn't make me scream then keep doing it 'til it stops hurting! Guess someone forgot to teach me the rest of that story...

So for this summer it's time to start a new hobby that doesn't require much use of the arms... but every time I try and think about it all I see is some twisty road with a beautiful canopy of trees over it and the bright sun peeking through...

not sure what it means

Get better. Dream of all the things you'll do once you can ride again.
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Registered Users Peoriafirefighter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIKEMIKE View Post
    It started with a broken arm the Saturday before spyderfest this is why I did not make it.now found out I also have a detatched bicep muscle. having surgery on Monday the 16th can't ride for 3 to 6 mo said Doc sooner if I have anything to do about it and the wife don't find out. hope for the next spyderfest.
    take care and safe riding to all.
    Did it detach from the Elbow? If so you will be good as new once it heals. If it tore from the shoulder most doctors won't reattach it there because it doesn't hold. Just curious...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

it came apart from the lower arm from what the doc said. he will make a cut in the lower arm just below the bend go in and pull it back down i don't know what will be used to reattach it i just want it done so i can get back to riding ASAP. I can't take any pain killers i have bad reactions so don't know right now the kind of pain i will be in or what i can take play it day by day.

Spyder Garage

My bicep tendon ruptured at the top. The doctor shortened the tendon so that he could attach it at the top of my upper arm bone while maintaining the correct tension on the muscle. It has stayed attached. I have less strength. But no pain. It didn't help that 7 weeks out from the ruptured bicep tendon repair, I tore the rotator cuff in the same shoulder.

I really hope your surgery goes well and that you are good as new after some PT. It's too bad about not being able to ryde this year. But, getting put back together so that everything works is very important. Take time to heal. The Spyder will wait.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry to hear dude.

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear of your woes bikemike. Terrible time of year to have this happen as well. My only hope and thought is maybe this has all happened for a reason and when given lemons.... try to make some lemonade. My prayers are with you and for a super speedy recovery. Make sure you do all the physical therapy they tell you to do. It will get you back on the road sooner. Keep your chin up dude. Jerry

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Follow dr.'s and wife's instructions and you'll be lilke new again. Best of luck to you.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Ulnar nerve

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Sorry to hear about your situation. That will be a long wait but if they can fix it then it will be worth it in the end so that you can get back in the saddle.

Thay want to cut me open too to relocate the Ulnar nerve in my left arm which would put me down for almost the same time frame but I pretty much told them what they could do with that idea! It may end up that I have no choice but to do it but I'm gonna wait and see for now. A second opinion will also be obtained.

You take good care and heal fast!
    I had the same operation due to an auto accident. Had ulnar nerve and carpol tunnel done. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Down about six weeks only. Didn't even go for therapy.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

BikeMike:

Sounds like your wife needs to brush up on her Spyder driving skills - then she can get you out as a passenger! Good luck with your surgery and sending prayers for a quick and full recovery.