Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ELKA SHOCKS

pitbull

Default ELKA SHOCKS

Once again, I have to take the time to thank John from Elka shocks, I've been both in the dirt and on the street with your products, and never once have they failed or been second rate! not sure who you get them so perfect but brother they WORK!!! anyone considering them I want to be the first to say Go for it you will never regret them. From looks and style to exstream preformance! Thanks for taking the time to be part of a small event for you all! It just shows how much you care about your customers and product! Your both a gentlman and a good friend! your the best!

Spyder Garage

I ordered mine at Spyderfest. Just waiting for them to show up at my door in the next couple weeks.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Default Elka

I couldn't agree more, Len. Cowtown installed a pair for me and the difference was apparent as soon as I hit your bumpy road. And John gave me some one on one adjustment instructions.

pitbull

still riding, I couldnt agree more! its almost instant on the diffrence...they go from a buick to a corvet in 3.9 seconds of ryding!

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

They certantly are better than stock shocks.
    I Love them.. Elka shocks are great.
    Thanks to you Len for the foresight of putting them on the Special eDDition spyders...

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    They certantly are better than stock shocks.
    I Love them.. Elka shocks are great.
    Thanks to you Len for the foresight of putting them on the Special eDDition spyders...
    LOL I love it Forest! comming from you that really means alot! Thanks for the props! they are worth the money even if you do have a 2011, theres still no comparing!

Spyder Garage

Any Elka shock promos/discounts still floating around after spyder fest very interested in a pair.
    Two Bros Duel Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Evo Sway Bar, Carbon Fiber Sport Screen, Mono Seat Cowl, H.I.D. Headlights, Missing Arm Dam & Belt Guard, MMG 29 Tooth Front Sprocket, Power Commander V with LCD and Wide Band 2 Auto Tuner, NGK Iridium Plugs, 17" After Market Wheels with Yokohama S.drive Tires with Custom 5 lug Adapters, Scorpio Alarm, Kewl Metal Performance Air Filter with MMG cold air intake, Swing Arm Tag Plate, No Fenders at ALL!!!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by the pitbull buggy View Post
    ..they go from a buick to a corvet...
    Nope, you are wrong Len, mine is better than any dang Vette!! Hard to believe that a touring machine can corner hard enough to give you that "lawn dart" feeling that Lamont talked about, but mine will. Great products.......going to have to put Velcro on the seat now...

Spyder Garage

Ordered at Spyderfest as well. Missed a call today from Elka actually.
    2009 Spyder RS (non operational)
    2022 Spyder RT Limited
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
    Any Elka shock promos/discounts still floating around after spyder fest very interested in a pair.
    I never made it to their area in Vendor Village....dunno if they had a deal going or not. We could probably get a group order together (through Len of course) and maybe get some kind of deal,,,,

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

I got a set of Elka's for my RT. The Spyderfest special included the Elka covers for free. Normally an $80 option. I would give Len a call and see if you can still get the deal. I got a call from Elka today wanting information so they can properly set the pre-load. They were starting production and said they would be shipping in a couple weeks.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

still riding, I couldnt agree more! its almost instant on the diffrence...they go from a buick to a corvet in 3.9 seconds of ryding!
    So Len, I have a 2010 RT, and it sounds like the Elkas would be a nice upgrade for me. I see where RS owners also change the sway bar. Is that recommended for the RT since it is more of a touring ryde? Or, will the Elka upgrade be sufficient without a sway bar change on the RT?

Spyder Garage

I have had mine (Elka's) on since earlier this year and coupled with the Evoluzione Sway Bar and new Falken Zeix-912 Tires front and rear, my RT-S cuts corners closer to a motorcycle instead of a "barrel on wheels". John from Elka helped me early on and even came by and made sure that mine were adjusted correctly at SpyderFest! Top notch Company!!!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. SpyderRider

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRider View Post
    I have had mine (Elka's) on since earlier this year and coupled with the Evoluzione Sway Bar and new Falken Zeix-912 Tires front and rear, my RT-S cuts corners closer to a motorcycle instead of a "barrel on wheels". John from Elka helped me early on and even came by and made sure that mine were adjusted correctly at SpyderFest! Top notch Company!!!
    Sounds like you are pretty satisfied with the investment! So far my mods have been related to convenience (power/Ipod outlets) and safety (LEDs on order). Not that I think the stock suspension is "unsafe" but better handling sure doesn't hurt!

Spyder Garage

Thank you Len. I really, really appreciate the kind words.

Spyder Garage

I would be interested in doing a group buy. How many other are ready to buy??
    Two Bros Duel Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Evo Sway Bar, Carbon Fiber Sport Screen, Mono Seat Cowl, H.I.D. Headlights, Missing Arm Dam & Belt Guard, MMG 29 Tooth Front Sprocket, Power Commander V with LCD and Wide Band 2 Auto Tuner, NGK Iridium Plugs, 17" After Market Wheels with Yokohama S.drive Tires with Custom 5 lug Adapters, Scorpio Alarm, Kewl Metal Performance Air Filter with MMG cold air intake, Swing Arm Tag Plate, No Fenders at ALL!!!!!

pitbull

I would be interested in doing a group buy. How many other are ready to buy??
    Sounds great you guys get a group together John and I will make sure your taken care of. We have the Spyderfest special extened till the end of the month........695.00 no tax because of shipping out of state + free shock guards 80.00 value N/C and free shipping......... we have sevral sets on order and can get you taken care of quickly.

Spyder Garage

Sounds great you guys get a group together John and I will make sure your taken care of. We have the Spyderfest special extened till the end of the month........695.00 no tax because of shipping out of state + free shock guards 80.00 value N/C and free shipping......... we have sevral sets on order and can get you taken care of quickly.
    Sounds pretty good-- which ones are these and what specs do you need from us to get an order going?

pitbull

Dan for most and John is sure welcome to correct me if he thinks diffrent, I'd say the one way with the 300 pound springs on both rt and rs....done several sets now and that is the most common of all of them, we have put them on rs and rt's with great success. If you want them just let me know and i'll have john ship you the ones we have comming for stock first and just start our personal orders over. Your going to love them Dan. It takes 2 15mm wrenches and a small jack and about 15 minutes start to finsh, very easy instal......adding the installing the gurads takes a few more minutes but very easy aswell
    Last edited by pitbull; 05-05-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

Dan for most and John is sure welcome to correct me if he thinks diffrent, I'd say the one way with the 300 pound springs on both rt and rs....done several sets now and that is the most common of all of them, we have put them on rs and rt's with great success. If you want them just let me know and i'll have john ship you the ones we have comming for stock first and just start our personal orders over. Your going to love them Dan.
    Don't they need to know my weight and riding style to set the pre-load, etc. ?

Spyder Garage

Default Install Time

Len,

What would you say is the standard install time for a BRP trained mechanic to install these on an RT?
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Spyder Garage

Does this special apply to the 2 way model as well? Any price difference if we get a group buy going?

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The preload is easy to adjust and when you install the guards your going to be reseting them any ways Dan.....the damping is where you need the most adjusting....the spring sets the ryde height but the damping controls the rebound.....basical how quick the fluid returns through the shock....it takes a few seconds to adjust, and I or john can walk you though it depending on what you want brother you have my cell and office number call when you need anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Len,

What would you say is the standard install time for a BRP trained mechanic to install these on an RT?
    Really there so simple its funny 2 bolts per side 15mm install the top bolt first....one side at a time, then the bottom bolt very easy no....and i repeat no shop should charge you over a half hour to install....really 15 minutes is plenty of time
    Does this special apply to the 2 way model as well? Any price difference if we get a group buy going?
    If your wanting a deal on a more upgraded set give me a call and i'll take care of you, you all don't have to get the same shock, Just trying to get you the most bang for the buck possible

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Elka called me and requested information as far as weight, 1 or 2 up riding and riding style. This was so they could preset the shock so I wouldn't have to make any initial changes.
    2011 RTL , White

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    Elka called me and requested information as far as weight, 1 or 2 up riding and riding style. This was so they could preset the shock so I wouldn't have to make any initial changes.
    Thats great Johns on top this!!.....how nice is to work with a company that cares, John is first class and is already working to make sure you all get the right product to work for each of you! Plus after the sale the service is just as good......Thanks john for doing whats right, and Lamont for finding the good stuff for all of us!