Spyder Garage

Default Formosa AZ01 tires

Has anyone noticed a lot of road noise coming from the Formosa AZ01 front tires? I have a 2017 RT

Spyder Garage

I had a set installed on my 2014 today, by Lamonster Garage. I wanted to try something different than the OEM Kendas.

I did notice a bit of road noise...but I do not consider that to be a problem.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not any more noisier than any other tire I have used. Some roads do appear louder but any tire will too.

Spyder Garage

Mine are quiet. Are they mounted correctly? They aren't directional but there is an outside and inside.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wouldn't that be directional if it was marked inside or outside

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Wouldn't that be directional if it was marked inside or outside

Not really, cos if a tire is fitted on the RHS of a vehicle with 'Outside' showing then it'll rotate one way, but it'll be rotating the opposite way if it's fitted on the LHS of the vehicle with 'Outside' showing.

A truly directional tire doesn't care which side of the vehicle it's on, it still needs to rotate in the direction of the arrows as you drive! So if you want to swap a directional tire from one side of a vehicle to the other, you can't just swap that wheel to the other side, cos it'd be rotating backwards if you did!! You'll need to flip a directional tire on the rim if you want it to rotate the same (correct indicated) way if you've swapped it from one side to the other.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I've had Formoza's on my Spyder for over a year now and I've not noticed any road noise beyond normal. What I did notice is for a cheap Chinese made tire, they work wonderfully on Spyders. Who knew...
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The s Formozas are Asymmetrical not directional. You can rotate them without dismounting
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    ...A truly directional tire doesn't care which side of the vehicle it's on, it still needs to rotate in the direction of the arrows as you drive! So if you want to swap a directional tire from one side of a vehicle to the other, you can't just swap that wheel to the other side, cos it'd be rotating backwards if you did!! You'll need to flip a directional tire on the rim if you want it to rotate the same (correct indicated) way if you've swapped it from one side to the other.
    Agreed, but....Hehe.... Tyres are mostly directional to improve grip and they often have a tread pattern of a V type, kinda like a tractor rear tyre so they work well for traction but if they are mounted on the front axle without a driving force the major traction requirement is braking...should they be mounted backwards...hmmm...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    I've had Formoza's on my Spyder for over a year....for a cheap Chinese made tire, they work wonderfully on Spyders.
    They'll be right at home with all the other chinese made parts on the Spyder.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRosePetal View Post
    Agreed, but....Hehe.... Tyres are mostly directional to improve grip and they often have a tread pattern of a V type, kinda like a tractor rear tyre so they work well for traction but if they are mounted on the front axle without a driving force the major traction requirement is braking...should they be mounted backwards...hmmm...
    PRP … you scare me …… Mike