Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wicked Wanda...I do believe we have met...at Doc's CBR 2 years ago...I'm married to hotglue....we are the Valkers that has the big party every April...Gatherin' of the Fools....in Texas...anyway welcome to SpyderLovers....I searched for about a year or so and really wanted a Valk trike....but doing all the research on all the different trikes...I test road a used 2009SE5 and was hooked. I purchased on Monday May 24th 2010 and hg and I left for Tucumcari, NM on Thursday....this was my 1st ride...but I had experience on a 4 wheeler....so off we go and as of today I have 15,3?? miles.

Are y'all going to the Hillybilly Ride? Robbers Cave?? Tucumcari??? Inzane??? I would be willing to let you ride mine to see if you like it...pm me...or we can go to the VRCC Ohio board and chat...Just let me know....the Spyder would be a good choice.....as far as recalls...I've had like 3 or 4...but in and out no problem...basicly all we have done is oil change and extra lights and bling...waiting for my Corbinto get here........flamingobabe

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Wicked Wanda...I do believe we have met...at Doc's CBR 2 years ago...I'm married to hotglue....we are the Valkers that has the big party every April...Gatherin' of the Fools....in Texas...anyway welcome to SpyderLovers....I searched for about a year or so and really wanted a Valk trike....but doing all the research on all the different trikes...I test road a used 2009SE5 and was hooked. I purchased on Monday May 24th 2010 and hg and I left for Tucumcari, NM on Thursday....this was my 1st ride...but I had experience on a 4 wheeler....so off we go and as of today I have 15,3?? miles.

Are y'all going to the Hillybilly Ride? Robbers Cave?? Tucumcari??? Inzane??? I would be willing to let you ride mine to see if you like it...pm me...or we can go to the VRCC Ohio board and chat...Just let me know....the Spyder would be a good choice.....as far as recalls...I've had like 3 or 4...but in and out no problem...basicly all we have done is oil change and extra lights and bling...waiting for my Corbinto get here........flamingobabe
    Here there! Yes, we have met! Good to hear from you.

Thanks for the offer to ride, that's so nice of you. I doubt we make many events this year, with work, we just don't have much vacation time to spare. We're spread way too thin.

Fortunately, we do have dealers really close to us that are more than willing to let us ride.

I have rode the RT and it was just such a departure from 2-wheeling. I just wanted to be sure it was the right fit for me. I do believe the RS fits me better and with the mods some of the others have suggested, I can make it an even better fit.

Since we had the Valkyrie, and she was available for triking, it added another layer to the decision of what I wanted to do. Guess that's a great position to be in.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KipDM View Post
    i bought an '11 RS-S and love it...but the seat is not the most comfortable.
    for my current needs it is great, but for now i really don't want to spend more than about 90 minutes on her.
    now, part of that may be me being away from riding so long and just getting used to it again. part of it is surely my weight (almost 300 lbs.).
    you may want to consider the comfort seat of a Corbin.
    once i fully decide on whether to add a riser (already have the BRP 1") to get a better angle i am then going to tackle which windshield i really prefer (have the sport - standard on the RS) over the sport/touring. probably going to a CalSci Tinted Shorty. bigger than s[port/touring, but not a TRUE touring windshield so i will still get plenty of air.
    just remember: BRP has 3 different windshields so check those out too to see which fits more of the style/ryde you want.
    Thanks for the feedback from a new owner! More stuff to check out. Guess I'm going to have to write all this down. LOL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Looking, too.

I've not had a chance to ride either the RT or the RS, yet. Hopefully that will change after this weekend. Going to make it to Spyderfest on Saturday. I have to admit that just the looks of the RS is much more appealing to me than the RT. And, my sweetie doesn't like the looks of the RT at all. It's funny how individual tastes are isn't it? I look forward to hearing your reflections on your experience of riding the RS.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Wanda View Post
    Yeah, ya'll are baddd....

Been through this before with motorcycles. I. Can. Resist.

Resistance is futile, once the Spyder bytes you will be assimilated.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Circle Blue View Post
    I've not had a chance to ride either the RT or the RS, yet. Hopefully that will change after this weekend. Going to make it to Spyderfest on Saturday. I have to admit that just the looks of the RS is much more appealing to me than the RT. And, my sweetie doesn't like the looks of the RT at all. It's funny how individual tastes are isn't it? I look forward to hearing your reflections on your experience of riding the RS.
    Yes, individual style has a lot to do with choices. I didn't mind the look of the RT. For me, I'm not a huge fan of the large backrest for passengers (not a GW fan either). Getting off/on without kicking bags would take some getting used to (yes, I'm ____ about scuffs too).

Let me know you're experience as well, I'd be interested to hear your views too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post

Resistance is futile, once the Spyder bytes you will be assimilated.

LOL...not bitten yet.

BTW, I hate the real eight-legged critters Now I'm thinking about riding one?!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you look up "Arachnaphobia" in the dictionary you'll find a picture of me there crying like a little girl... I prefer to NOT connect Spyder to the squishable ones... "Roadster" is just fine!
    Oh! scuffs on the bodywork if you're throwing a leg up over the trunk... You mentioned that you had "long enough" legs... and...

Oh wait... That's NOT the mental picture that I should be bringing up...

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Tia,
    The wife just picked up her 2011 RSS-SE5 last week ( I got 2 ride it home 70miles) She's in love... The funny thing here is 5 days later we now have two 2011 RSS-SE5.(thing 1 & thing 2) I have been a beemer & Goldwing guy forever but like you the lighter weight and sportyness not to mention the FUN!!! factor is was what sold me. Ride both more than once get the one that fits you best either way RT or RS you win
    Good hunting.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...Kinda like potato chips; aren't they???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If you look up "Arachnaphobia" in the dictionary you'll find a picture of me there crying like a little girl... I prefer to NOT connect Spyder to the squishable ones... "Roadster" is just fine!
    Oh! scuffs on the bodywork if you're throwing a leg up over the trunk... You mentioned that you had "long enough" legs... and...

Oh wait... That's NOT the mental picture that I should be bringing up...

Yes, I do have long legs...and your point is???

The biggest thing, I'm not into the full dress look at all.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is that why you had the Valkie rather than a 'Wing? My Missus and I have found that the more places you can hide stuff, the more stuff you end up carrying all the time... When you run out of room you either buy a trailer or a larger touring rig!

Spyder Garage

Fun watching bob squirm a little!!

Spyder Garage

Is that why you had the Valkie rather than a 'Wing? My Missus and I have found that the more places you can hide stuff, the more stuff you end up carrying all the time... When you run out of room you either buy a trailer or a larger touring rig!
    No, we had the Valkyrie because it was love at first site. Rode one for about 2 blocks and it was all over. I walked back in the dealership and told the salesman, "do it".

Oh, and I travel light. I don't "need" all that crap with me. Raingear, wallet, insurance stuff, sunscreen and I'm good to go.

Old picture but the whole rig:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    Fun watching bob squirm a little!!
    Careful, he already confessed he'll cry like a girl.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Wanda View Post
    Oh, and I travel light. I don't "need" all that crap with me. Raingear, wallet, insurance stuff, sunscreen and I'm good to go.

A buddy of mine has the curious notion that packing for a cross-country trip meant just taking an extra credit card for the fuel costs...

...and that's a real nice-looking rig!

Spyder Garage

A buddy of mine has the curious notion that packing for a cross-country trip meant just taking an extra credit card for the fuel costs...

...and that's a real nice-looking rig!
    A lot of guys go that way still. They want the whole "biker experience". That's fine and dandy but I want a shower & clean clothes too. LOL

Thanks! It may be hard to part with her but we're thinking about it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The most fun part of the whole deal is the shopping!
    It's nice to know that there are options out there...