Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest, Yea it rained

To the tune of about 2 1/2 inches yesterday, and we will probably get a little more tonight and tomorrow. I checked several forecasts and they all seem to agree today will be dry with just showers tonight and tomorrow "nothing compared to yesterday". Thursday and Friday is supposed to be dry as well. My favorite weatherman that I trust my year around riding to says a slight chance of scattered storms on Saturday and Sunday, which is a normal summer forecast most days of the summer anyway. There is flooding and road closures however all of them are south of Cuba on secondary roads "mostly letter State roads" that I don't think anyone would plan to travel anyway.
    Yesterday when several of us were out hanging banners and streamers in the rain it was pretty miserable, however when we saw Yazz and her Husband come riding up with a smile on their face during one of the hardest showers it motivated us and we really realized why we were out there. Several others arrived yesterday as well and everyone I met had a grin from ear to ear.
    All in all I think we are in for a great Spyderfest because as someone said it is all about the adventure "that is why we ride". We also need to remember just like this years Spyderfest is shaped by the success of last year, next year will be shaped by this year. I don't want anyone to ride if they are uncomfortable doing so, however I do look forward to seeing everyone possible.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

loading up in the rain up here . Hope to be on the road at about 15:00 (wife has to work till then ). See you all about the same time Wed. About 14 hours driving for us .
    Happy Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Rain or not, We're leaving for the 6 hour ride tomorrow morning at 6:00am

Spyder Garage

Default Here's Your Sign Karyl!!!

Yesterday was my awarding signs to self day...left Santa Fe (got smart started in rain gear)...first sign of day...went south instead of north after about 6 miles said HYSK...found an exit and travel back...gotta to see Santa Fe like I hadn't planning on seeing Santa Fe (must have been the exit to the low rent district - low rent, not red lite!!)
    Then hit hail for about 1/2 mile..it was small and soft, but did leave a small pile at various places on me and Ms Spyder...then intermittent rain..wind gusts...hated the whiplash I was getting so thought wonder what would happen if I put face shield down (I don't like being "boxed" in)...ahhhhh sweet relief (sign #2 awarded)....then Sign #3 in bold print was awarded when I forgot shield was down and decided to spit out well used gum!!!!
    Sign #4 awarded because I neglected to factor in time zone changes...and I do not like driving in dark..but that is what happened as I entered OK City about 9 p.m. (obviously spent to much time enjoying myself instead of rolling down the road)...to a huge road construction area...not lit..you know the scenario...cones, barrels, lanes closed, uneven road and they want you to keep your speed at min 55 Sign #5 awarded..my directions said at exit go left..sooooo I go right!!!! Ahhh after several blocks figure out motel opposite direction. Gas pump sign displayed on screen...best find fuel before finding fuel for me and my bed!!!!
    OK be rolling out of OK City in about an hour...traveling 44 into Cuba..
    Hey have 1 concern...I am headed to the right Cuba right??? I have yet to run into another Spyder as I travel....so decided either this Spyderfest is for those rc models WM was selling last Christmas or everyone is "sneaking" in the backdoor and it's going to be a SuRPRISE party...either way I'm in!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Yeap,, You will enter MO at Joplin, then Springfield, Lebanon then Waynesville, this is where I am at.. If you like give me a call when you get to Springfield or something and i will meet you for a small visit if you like... When you get to me in Waynesville you are about 45 minutes out.. My number is 573-528-0296.. Let me know but I need a bit of a notice, like 15 min. is all..

X-Joe

Spyder Garage

Final packing this afternoon. Wheels moving at 6:30AM from northern Illinois (rain or shine). See you all tomorrow afternoon.
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Spyder Garage

We had to cancel.
    Right where we needed to drive through they are getting LOADS of flooding and more rain.

Ya'll have fun and be safe.

My better half and the best dad ever!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    ....then Sign #3 in bold print was awarded when I forgot shield was down and decided to spit out well used gum!!!!.....
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Ride View Post
    We had to cancel.
    Right where we needed to drive through they are getting LOADS of flooding and more rain.

Ya'll have fun and be safe.
    Sorry to hear you cancelled.............I bet if you would have run the interstates you would have missed any flooding

Spyder Garage

Well guys we just rode through the worst of this storm and it was no big deal. We're about 250 miles out and there's no more rain on the radar. You guys should have went for it.

Spyder Garage

We're settled in at the Wagon Wheel now. The sun is waging battle with the clouds and gaining the upper hand. Seeing more blue sky and fluffy white clouds.

Each day is supposed to be get better from here on out.

Looking forward to meeting y'all!
    Last edited by Yazz; 04-26-2011 at 12:01 PM.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

We're leaving at 4:am in the morning see everyone when we arrive......

Spyder Garage

Default travel details

All right, I am on the road. I have settled in Dayton, OH for the night. I'll be meeting up with the other Ohio Ryders tomorrow. I ran into some rain around Columbus but it wasn't too bad. Making about 26mpg with Trailer in tow.

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

I am 600 miles enroute and our small group has yet to see a drop of rain. We suspect tomorrow from Cullman Al to Cuba will be our trial by water....
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Just arrived at the Super 8. I had a little slight drizzle in Indiana, but once I passed Indianapolis, it was partly cloudy the whole way.

Joe

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    then Sign #3 in bold print was awarded when I forgot shield was down and decided to spit out well used gum!!!!
    That wouldn't be quite so funny if I hadn't been there myself - only mine was chewing tobacco.

Cotton

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Almost there

We left home at 8 a.m. this morning fully expecting a day of driving through the rain. Well it didn't happen. No rain to speak of from Blenheim Ontario through to Cloverdale Indiana. The wind was howling pretty bad for the last 200 miles and the temperature was hovering around 70 degrees. The RT was very thirsty as we battled winds the whole day.l

Hopefully we will escape the rain and arrive nice and dry in Cuba on Wednesday afternoon.

Spyder Garage

No rain either coming from Fl to Cullman Al. The winds were very strong north of Birmingham and inspectorgadgets phone said we were going to run into heavy storms between Montgomery and Birmingham, just clouds and sunshine. Weatherman says the same thing for tomorrow We will see. See everyone in Cuba Tomorrow afternoon. We will be picking up a few more on the way. just a few pics coming up on the way. We will add more tomorrow night. JC

http://s574.photobucket.com/albums/s...g%20to%20Cuba/

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

hubby loaded the trailer yesterday and finished packing up last night. I had to work, yeah I know I got out of doing all the hard work. We left at 5:30am and we have stopped in Bowling Green,Ky for the night. It took us about 13 hours to get here, even towing a 10ft trailer, so not bad. We are going to visit the Corvette Museum tomorrow, then head on to Cuba. Can't wait to see everyone! Hopefully we will avoid much of the weather. Here they are under a tornado watch tonight and tomorrow. So we'll just take it easy and get there when we get there.

P.S. Bikes look so cute sitting side be side in the trailer. They are smiling and happy to be driven around for the time being.

See ya!
    Joyce
    happy owner

Spyder Garage

Here are some raw videos from the storm we had today in the Syracuse,New York area .They closed I-81 and had golf ball sized hail and we are experiencing another downpour I am writing this post. Hope the weather is much better in Cuba. Everyone enjoy .

http://www.9wsyr.com/mediacenter/loc...ideoid=2407999
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

I guess we got lucky today... Left Memphis at 9:30 am once the sun came out and made it to St. Louis... No rain!!

Now we are hearing that Memphis is getting blasted with storms again!!! Hope our doggies are doing ok!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5