Spyder Garage

Default Carolina Spyder Ryders

As for rides:

I have noticed a lot of the groups do a Gathering or RTE (Ride-To-Eat) instead of a orginized ride. Afterall, everyone knows where that one GREAT unknown "eat'n spot" is, right?

Let's hear some ideas...pick a desitination...set a date/time...and RTE. Who knows, it could become a regular thing.... always a new locations.(remember the destination is the ryde)

I'll start with an Example:
    General McArthur's BBQ, Laurinburg, NC (http://www.generalmcarthurs.com/)

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

couple more:
    • WeLikaA Lake Fish Camp, Lilesville, NC
    • Miriam's Kitchen, Byrd's Town, SC (aka. Hartsville, SC)

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Gunns View Post
    ..... remember the destination is the ryde
    I beg to differ 2Gunns - I've always heard it as; "It's NOT the destination, It’s the ride?!!" With that in mind, I recommend Christas Country Store http://www.christas.com Excellent food - good motorcycle gathering - Great service and ..... you can't beat the roads getting there regardless which direction your are coming from.

Also .. there's always Snappy Lunch in Mt Airy. World famous Pork Chop Sandwich http://www.yelp.com/biz/snappy-lunch-mount-airy ..Check out the reviews. Also, here is a short YouTube video. The roads in the area are good and, Snappy Lunch is right down the hill from the BRP http:://youtu.be/6RIZhI10yLE
    Sam
    SN 0038 ... Dec, 2007

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hevnbound View Post
    "It's NOT the destination, It’s the ride?!!"
    ahhhh, yes..... but if you know the Destination, why not make it a Ryde

I like your pick's.....

couple more:

(keep these in mind for June in MV)
    Last edited by 2Gunns; 04-27-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Gunns View Post
    ..... but if you know the Destination, why not make it a Ryde
    LOL - you're right! What comes first, the chicken or the egg?! In this case, to have a ride one needs a destination.

OR ...? Some of the best rides I've experienced had no destination!

So, I guess that makes us both right.

Not familiar with your suggestions except the Harley Museum. Been there several times and I enjoyed it. And - I'm definetely not a Harley fan.

I'm good wherever the majority decides. I just hope we will get some more input. Thanks for starting this thread.

EDIT: Why not just pick a place and a date and see how many show up. That was your original idea. Hint, hint -- I like fish. (When I saw the name WeLikeA Fish Camp at first glance I thought it was an Indian name before I decided to try speak it out loud. Ha, ha, ha!!
    Last edited by hevnbound; 04-27-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Add comment
    Sam
    SN 0038 ... Dec, 2007

Spyder Garage

I really was hoping to hear more input (eatin' places)....
    I'll give it some time.
    if nothing else, I'm thinking Lexington area BBQ joints...I do love me some pig.

Spyder Garage

When I get my clutch hand back I'd be interested in some rydes too.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

I'm still looking for that great "unknown" favorite place. Come on now, share your hidden gem

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

OOOHHH!!! I know a place!! De-lic-ious in Hickory http://www.oldgermanschnitzelhaus.com/

There is a popular place in Greensboro called Natty Greens. Great food and microbrewery with several awards.

I think this is a great idea. Why don't we do this for the meet and greet...we could go to Lexington Barebecue, 2gunns!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Catniption;345830]..............I think this is a great idea. Why don't we do this for the meet and greet....QUOTE]

I didn't mean to interfer with your "meet n' greet", I'm good with whatever you decide.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Catniption View Post
    OOOHHH!!! I know a place!! De-lic-ious in Hickory http://www.oldgermanschnitzelhaus.com/

There is a popular place in Greensboro called Natty Greens. Great food and microbrewery with several awards.

I think this is a great idea. Why don't we do this for the meet and greet...we could go to Lexington Barebecue, 2gunns!

Old German Schnitzel House was voted 'Best German Restaurant' in the US last year!

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDuck View Post
    Old German Schnitzel House was voted 'Best German Restaurant' in the US last year!
    Ja, das ist gut!!!

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Ja, das ist gut!!!

HA!! I know what that means!!

Spyder Garage

Mein Frau, sprecken zie Deutch??

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Mein Frau, sprecken zie Deutch??
    I know what that means too!!! No, I don't speak German, but I was so impressed by the country and people when I was there that I tried to learn a little bit. I would love to learn more. I fully intend to go back again. Gotta save up and buy me Rosetta Stone for German.

Spyder Garage

With a last name of Brewer, yep my ancesters on dads side are German and from the Hamburg area. His mothers maiden name was Holle (Holly) also German. On moms side we are Irish/Scottish. Hmmm, sounds like a new thread on the general discussion forum, what's your ancestral background? I did several short tours in Germany when I was in the Air Force.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972

Spyder Garage

Default Ride to Eat

Our favorite is Louise's Rockhouse in Linville Falls, about 1/2 miles off the BRP or after a terrific ride up 181 to 183 from Morganton.

Make sure that you leave room for home baked pie (I recommend Forestberry) and take home some home-made jam,

Spyder Garage

I suggest Shatley Springs Inn in Crumpler NC. Family style meals. Just north of Jefferson NC and is a nice ride.

Spyder Garage

" I recommend Christas Country Store http://www.christas.com Excellent food - good motorcycle gathering - Great service and ..... you can't beat the roads getting there regardless which direction your are coming from"

We will be camping near Pineola, NC next week, Sept 12-15, with our new WP Camper and the Spyder RT. This is our first trip with the Work & Play mini toy hauler that I have worked on all summer while recuperating from a major knee injury.

We will be riding the mountain roads all through that area (including 45mph on the Blue Ridge Pkwy!), and hope we see some other Spyders in the area while we are there. Be sure to send me a PM if you will be up that way.