Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default mud guard for rear tire for rt-s 2011

I'm looking for a place to buy mud guard for rear wheel, thank you niko west chester , pa.

Spyder Garage

The only one I recall seeing is the one that comes on the BRP trailer hitch. Pretty pricey if all you want is a mud flap...
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy Mud Flap

I have anRT-S with hitch. The mud flap on the hitch is almost useless. It allows the mud to go up and over the hitch and all over the new paint job on my trailer. If anybody can figure out how to add a small piece of sturdy mud flap to the existing "fender" Let me know!!! Without the trailer the mud slings up and all over the trunk. Can't win! Fender just too short. anpossibley not wide enough either.

Spyder Garage

I think InspectorGadget sells them.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

I have one on my RT S. It's called wife. Seriously, I've had a hard time finding something suitable. Tried a few things but they just don't work or look cheesey.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

GO by a truck stop an buy a full mud flap. Then make a templet out of cardboard. 10 1/4 wide and 22 in. long (you can cut it any length or width you want, but this is what mine is). Take your tag off, place the templet behind the brp mud flap, now you need to watch you fingers and put the card board behind the BRP mud flap and drill your holes between the exiting holes for your tags. Once you are done with that, Now take the templet and cut your mud flap and drill your holes to match. You will need to get two bolts 1 1/2 in long, four washers, two lock nuts. Put the bolts through the washer and then put them in the holes you drilled on the BRP mud flap, match the new mud flap holes to the ends of the bolts. Then place the other washer and then the lock nut. tight them up and you done. Since I put this on there is very little spray back on my wife and on the trailer. Once you have all the material cut it shouldn't take you more than 1/2 hr. Hope this helps. JC

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Default gotter done

thanks to johnnyG I followed his instructions, only thing different i went to O'reillys and got my mudflap took me about 30 minutes looks great thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderal11 View Post
    thanks to johnnyG I followed his instructions, only thing different i went to O'reillys and got my mudflap took me about 30 minutes looks great thanks.
    please post a photo, thanks

Spyder Garage

pic please
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    please post a photo, thanks

Here are those pics you were asking for. Just got back from Cuba and the mud flap did its job. JC

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Thank you, very nice

Spyder Garage

Well..... since I don't tow a trailer and only use my hitch for the Pakit Rak, I used the plastic piece that came with the hitch for a mud flap. It actually looks ok, and only a ride in the rain will tell if it works ok. Any suggestions on what the cover the two bolt heads with would be great....

Willy
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

License plate frame bolt caps.

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I will try that...

Willy
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Registered Users InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Mudd Flap

I may have responded to this in another thread---or maybe not.
    Anyway here is my take on the rear fender mudd flap. It has worked great for me the past 10,000 miles. PM me if you need additional info.
    Have Fun and Ryde Safe C-YA RL
    It wasn't MEEEEE!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Gadget's RT MudFlap

Here is a pic of the mudflap RL made for my RT. I probably could have made one but it sure was nice to get one all ready to go and a 5-min install. Thanks RL!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default mud flap

Quote Originally Posted by niko View Post
    I'm looking for a place to buy mud guard for rear wheel, thank you niko west chester , pa.
    Niko, inspector-gadget has the plans for them, cost is less than 10.00 bucks and they funtion very well. takes 20 min to fabricate

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

To Niko,

All I can do is tell you what I did on my 2008 GS SM5. Also, I don't know exactly what you want to protect, your Spyder or the car behind you. What I did takes a bit of ingenuity and it protects the area under the seat where the shock is. I had made up a rolled sheet of of #18 gage stainless steel the width of the rear tire that rolls forward and down to the axle height. I made two supports for the front lower part of the fender extension and its rear part I secured to a cross member that supports the forward part of the rear wheel's fender. (Read that twice to understand) The cross member was perforated in 6 or 8 places with holes for 8-32 round head stainless small bolts. For me it works like a charm and when driving in wet conditions the under seat area remains clean, free of mud and dry. The two forward supports are clamped to the swing arm of the Spyder. Arthur: xe1ll@prodigy.net.mx

Spyder Garage

Arthur, show us a picture!
    Jack

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default mud flap

thank you for the tip. happy trails, Niko