Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Yazz,

Great seeing you guys again, and thanks for the Scavenger Hunt assist! Gonna subscribe to this thread and watch your progress. Godspeed!
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Hey Yazz it was super GREAT meeting you and having breakfast with you. You are an OUTSTANDING INDIVIDUAL!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Yazz and Jeff, keep safe on your trip. I am so glad I got to meet both of you and ride with you (well once we finally found you. ) Have a good trip and keep in touch.

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    have a great trip......take pics...journal in the evening......and pleas share with us....be safe...have fun....
    I'm taking lots of pictures. The problem is for reasons beyond my little mushbucket, can't get the pictures to upload to Spyderlovers. Have tried the hotel WiFi, Droid's WiFi Hot Spot, nothings doing the job. If anybody knows what I'm doing wrong... Please chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Brevet05 View Post
    Yazz,

Great seeing you guys again, and thanks for the Scavenger Hunt assist! Gonna subscribe to this thread and watch your progress. Godspeed!
    Good seeing you again and meeting your dearly beloved. Great Lady! Would do anything for the man who can figure out GoggleDoc!

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    Hey Yazz it was super GREAT meeting you and having breakfast with you. You are an OUTSTANDING INDIVIDUAL!!!!!!
    Was wonderful getting to chat with you at Gordo's. Have learned so much from you. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Yazz and Jeff, keep safe on your trip. I am so glad I got to meet both of you and ride with you (well once we finally found you. ) Have a good trip and keep in touch.
    It was a treat working with you. Couldn't have done the Ladies Ride without you being my left hand woman. Yup, that was a ride to remember for sure.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Default SpyderFest...

Went up to Cowtown on Tuesday and was amazed how many Spyder Ryders were in town.

Later that day, SpyderLady, Hubby and I did a trial run for the Ladies Ride. This is SpyderLady with the Host of the Restaurant.

Wednesday, everyone gathered at the Wagon Wheel to chat and figure out who had the best chili. They were all very good!

After the Chili Cook Off, there was a big bonfire at the Wagon Wheel. Never saw one that big before. There was a sanctioned off-road reverse obstacle course. We will leave it at I was disqualified for adding extra weight to Spydee.

Thursday, more people showing up. Teddy is in the House. He's cuter in person than the pictures. Its something about the Mo-Hawk.

So much more went on during Spyderfest. It was a great time. Got to meet up with old friends, and make new friends. Already looking forward to returning to Cuba next year.

The Mo Gang had more energy and patience than Santa's Elves. A HUGE THANK YOU to each and every one of you.

Last edited by Yazz; 05-04-2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Putting the pictures in...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Spyder Garage

Default Mound City, MO thru Kansas...

We left Cuba Sunday morning and stayed the night in Mound City, MO. The next morning was very chilly. We had brought electric underwear but didn't think we would use them in the lower 48. You're always learning something new on the road. We have stayed toasty warm.

Cold weather gear...

When you're in Kansas, the sky is so big! It makes you feel like a flea on an elephant's rear.

In the afternoon, we saw a big storm cell up ahead and got into our rain gear. The closer we came to the cell, the bigger and darker it got. The only way was forward. The road looked like it was going straight into the center of the mess. When we got to the edge of it, looking up you could see the clouds roiling, lightning flashing. It had to be at least a couple of miles across. On one side, there was a cloud system swirling in a circular shape. Not a good sign. There was so much dynamics going on it felt like we were looking up at a Nebula. The road would take us under the storm, then gently sweep us to the edge. Teasing us the whole time. It was one of the most awe inspiring experience! We only got a few sprinkles the whole time.

Looking back at the storm...

Mr. Bill decided to join us on our trip.

Stayed at a truck stop that had a great restaurant.
    O.k., what are these? Give you a clue... We are in Kansas which is known for their corn and beef.

Last edited by Yazz; 05-04-2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: More pictures...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Spyder Garage

Default Buffalo, Wyoming

We are holing up in this neat little town to do laundry and catch up on things.
    You can see the blue mountains in the background.

Our mileage thus far is 2,591.7.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Be safe...have fun...keep us informed...

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    We left Cuba Sunday morning and stayed the night in Mound City, MO. The next morning was very chilly. We had brought electric underwear but didn't think we would use them in the lower 48. You're always learning something new on the road. We have stayed toasty warm.

Cold weather gear...

When you're in Kansas, the sky is so big! It makes you feel like a flea on an elephant's rear.

In the afternoon, we saw a big storm cell up ahead and got into our rain gear. The closer we came to the cell, the bigger and darker it got. The only way was forward. The road looked like it was going straight into the center of the mess. When we got to the edge of it, looking up you could see the clouds roiling, lightning flashing. It had to be at least a couple of miles across. On one side, there was a cloud system swirling in a circular shape. Not a good sign. There was so much dynamics going on it felt like we were looking up at a Nebula. The road would take us under the storm, then gently sweep us to the edge. Teasing us the whole time. It was one of the most awe inspiring experience! We only got a few sprinkles the whole time.

Looking back at the storm...

Mr. Bill decided to join us on our trip.

Stayed at a truck stop that had a great restaurant.
    O.k., what are these? Give you a clue... We are in Kansas which is known for their corn and beef.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN OYSTERS???? per chance???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    ROCKY MOUNTAIN OYSTERS???? per chance???
    How'd you know? They were very yummy.

Hubby refused to even taste one. Said it was a matter of principle.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Spyder Garage

Kinda reminds me of something at SITS.
    Happy Owner

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

How'd you know? They were very yummy.

Hubby refused to even taste one. Said it was a matter of principle.
    Did he like anchovies? (Huligan inside )
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post

Spyder Garage

Wishing you both well on this great adventure!!! I'll be looking forward to your comments and pictures as you rack up the miles! Hope you have a blast on this trip!! Ryde safe.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Trip to Alaska

Being a new Spyder owner, I have never personally met most of you but I must say I am enjoying every minute that I have been on this site! I saw this post a few days ago from Yaz about her trip to Alaska. I actually look forward to checking this post every day to see just how the trip is going! Yaz, I am enjoying your photos and seeing the places you have been. What a wonderful opportunity! All of this has helped to give me the courage to make some long trips. Hopefully I will meet many of you soon as I just made my hotel reservations for Maggie Valley!!!

Spyder Garage

Ride Safe Yazz. My wife and I are planning to ride to Alaska next spring, so we'll be watching your trip closely. We'd appreciate any suggestions you have.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post

Grammar correction

Does he like Anchovies??

Safe travels keep us posted I'm enjoyin' the trip

Jim
    Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It looks like Mr. Bill is there to keep you safe from the storms. Ride safe.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    Ate my Oysters in a family restaurant. Nothing wrong with trying new foods.

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Yes, but he only eats one variety.

Quote Originally Posted by 8LEGS View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBT View Post
    Wishing you both well on this great adventure!!! I'll be looking forward to your comments and pictures as you rack up the miles! Hope you have a blast on this trip!! Ryde safe.
    Thank you very much! We're having a great time. Even when things get challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Florida girl View Post
    Being a new Spyder owner, I have never personally met most of you but I must say I am enjoying every minute that I have been on this site! I saw this post a few days ago from Yaz about her trip to Alaska. I actually look forward to checking this post every day to see just how the trip is going! Yaz, I am enjoying your photos and seeing the places you have been. What a wonderful opportunity! All of this has helped to give me the courage to make some long trips. Hopefully I will meet many of you soon as I just made my hotel reservations for Maggie Valley!!!
    You go girl! You can do anything you want to do. If you want to do it bad enough.

Won't be able to make it to Maggie Valley. This trip will overlap the other get-togethers.

You will meet many other great women at Maggie Valley for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    Ride Safe Yazz. My wife and I are planning to ride to Alaska next spring, so we'll be watching your trip closely. We'd appreciate any suggestions you have.

Mike
    Will work in helpful hints. Electric Underwear is something that has already come in handy. Also, here is a list of tools we have brought and already used.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ght=Yazz+Tools

Quote Originally Posted by jedd View Post

Grammar correction

Does he like Anchovies??

Safe travels keep us posted I'm enjoyin' the trip

Jim
    He did and still does only eat one variety.

Glad to have you on the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    It looks like Mr. Bill is there to keep you safe from the storms. Ride safe.
    Mr. Bill was along for the ride. Have a very sad story about Mr. Bill's new decision.
    Last edited by Yazz; 05-05-2011 at 09:28 PM.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Spyder Garage

Default Buffalo, Wyoming

We explored Buffalo's downtown area. It was was great. Old restored buildings lined the street. We ate at the Occidental Hotel Restaurant. It was started in 1880 and has always been a bar and a hotel.

http://www.historic-hotels.com/wyoming/occidental-hotel

This is the interior of the full restored restaurant.

Great atmosphere, good food. It was a nice way to spend our last evening is such a tidy, friendly town.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Spyder Garage

Default Wyoming and Montana

We left out of Buffalo and up the Big Horn Mountains at the suggestion of quite a few locals. Excellent scenery and good riding. 'Just watch out for the ice on the corners.' Didn't bother me but Hubby's on a two-wheely. Hubby led the way.

This is going up the Big Horn Mountain...

At the top of the Mountain. We tested out our electric underwear under Alaskan conditions. Stayed toasty warm.

A beautiful view coming down the back side. Look close and you can see the road going down in the background.

A sad story and another testing ground...

Came down off the mountain and was riding along when whammo! Construction! Not just a little 'left lane closed' thing. This had stop lights and pace cars. The road was totally torn up for miles. As far a bikes go, there was me on Spydee, Hubby on a BMW, and a guy two-up on a Harley, lined up together between the cages. The first section we went through was VERY rough. Proud I missed as many craters that I did. As we were stopped at the next light, Hubby softly said that Mr. Bill had jumped ship. We would like to think that Mr. Bill wants to be in Montana. Maybe as a construction worker. We will leave the zip-ties where they are in remembrance of what a wonderful guy Mr. Bill is.

The second section was even worse. We were warned of 'soft spots.' We definately got some experience in on soft gravel roads. Dust so you cound't see very far ahead, slippery and deep as all get-out. Heard and felt the gravel grinding on the skid plate a couple times. The Harley didn't make it through. Wallowed out. Construction workers helped them get back onto harder ground.

Hope we have experienced worst case scenario's. It will make it easier when they pop up again.

Onward and upward!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Spyder Garage

Awesome trip. I don't post much at all, but I want to hear more of this trip.

Spyder Garage

We left out of Buffalo and up the Big Horn Mountains at the suggestion of quite a few locals. Excellent scenery and good riding. 'Just watch out for the ice on the corners.' Didn't bother me but Hubby's on a two-wheely. Hubby led the way.

This is going up the Big Horn Mountain...

At the top of the Mountain. We tested out our electric underwear under Alaskan conditions. Stayed toasty warm.

A beautiful view coming down the back side. Look close and you can see the road going down in the background.

A sad story and another testing ground...

Came down off the mountain and was riding along when whammo! Construction! Not just a little 'left lane closed' thing. This had stop lights and pace cars. The road was totally torn up for miles. As far a bikes go, there was me on Spydee, Hubby on a BMW, and a guy two-up on a Harley, lined up together between the cages. The first section we went through was VERY rough. Proud I missed as many craters that I did. As we were stopped at the next light, Hubby softly said that Mr. Bill had jumped ship. We would like to think that Mr. Bill wants to be in Montana. Maybe as a construction worker. We will leave the zip-ties where they are in remembrance of what a wonderful guy Mr. Bill is.

The second section was even worse. We were warned of 'soft spots.' We definately got some experience in on soft gravel roads. Dust so you cound't see very far ahead, slippery and deep as all get-out. Heard and felt the gravel grinding on the skid plate a couple times. The Harley didn't make it through. Wallowed out. Construction workers helped them get back onto harder ground.

Hope we have experienced worst case scenario's. It will make it easier when they pop up again.

Onward and upward!
    that is a hella good snow pic, sucks you got the bad weather and crap roads. great times in crappy situations. Some people talk, few people do. Living life.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Default KEEP THE PICS AND COMMENTS COMING!!! AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post

Mike
    Yazz.

I'm jealous. Looks like an awesome trip.

Final Destination?

We had Alaska on our list for travel next year and just moved it to the TOP!! 9Fingers did the Pruhoe Bay run 2 years ago on a KLR650 and has never stop talking about it.

Keep the info and pics coming and take good care of that BMW rider you are with.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm so sorry to hear of Bill's decision to jump ship in WY. I hope he is happy there. I remember that same technique for road construction from a trip we took to Alaska many years ago. Hopefully that is the worst that you will encounter.

Electric underwear, really?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622