Thread: foot pegs

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question foot pegs

I am considering purchasing a Spyder RT. The dealer has told me that foot pegs could be installed on the spyder in order to stretch out your legs. Does anyone know about this , how well they work and how they fit asthetically with the bike?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Your dealer has correctly informed you. There are many options... See this thread and you will see a few posts in it showing supporting vendors and links to them that may have options to your liking... http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27366

Spyder Garage

There are a few aftermarket options and they are listed as vendors on the front page.

I wound up making my own and I love them.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default foot pegs

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Highway Pegs

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

There are a few aftermarket options and they are listed as vendors on the front page.

I wound up making my own and I love them.

Hey Lamont,
    It looks like your pegs are like the ones I've been waiting for. I have some ISCI pegs on my 2010 RT but they don't permit my feet to move far enough forward.
    Did you have to make the brackets for your footpegs?
    Would you want to make a pair for me to purchase?
    I'll bet you could sell a bunch at Spyderfest.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bootie View Post
    Hey Lamont,
    It looks like your pegs are like the ones I've been waiting for. I have some ISCI pegs on my 2010 RT but they don't permit my feet to move far enough forward.
    Put me on the list for a set also. Lamonster has the only set that I have seen that would keep my feet far enough forward to stretch out.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hopefully ISCI will have some there and ready to install in fest. Looking forward to it... among other things!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Hopefully ISCI will have some there and ready to install in fest. Looking forward to it... among other things!
    Unless ISCI has changed their design, Lamonster's are way better insofar as they permit you to stretch your legs about 8-12 inches further forward.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bootie View Post
    Hey Lamont,
    Pssssssssssst.. Let's keep sending him some love As I am sure hopeful a list of purchasers would help motivate this stellar idea into production http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=26305

P.S. For the Love Of God I hope I am on the list!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I ordered mine from Kewlmetal. Took a long time to get them and then I had to drill out the holes for the risers since the hole was done too small for the included bolts to fit.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by medic 1 View Post
    I ordered mine from Kewlmetal. Took a long time to get them and then I had to drill out the holes for the risers since the hole was done too small for the included bolts to fit.
    You are the fourth person in the past few weeks to say that. I think their new manufacturing folks are dropping the ball.

I ordered a set of these for our 2011 RSS, no fault of theirs but BRP changed the rear frame bolt assembly. But in the end the angle of the KewlMetal brackets had been welded wrong and I had to send them back regardless. Not heard back yet as to the resolution to that issue if any

Sitting on an order for a new set for our RT since 4/16/2011 and I bet they are fixing this issue. I would hate to have to drill and loose the rust protection

Matt is usually right on top of these things though. I am sure all this will get sorted out. They have in the past

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by medic 1 View Post
    +1 see other post in the RT touring section from Sopher

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought the KewlMetal Highway Pegs and had my dealer install them and I have to say that I don't really like them. They vibrate so much that I cant really use them and I can't afford to pay to have them removed, so they just sit there looking pretty.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    I bought the KewlMetal Highway Pegs and had my dealer install them and I have to say that I don't really like them. They vibrate so much that I cant really use them and I can't afford to pay to have them removed, so they just sit there looking pretty.
    its because they are mounted to the engine bolt. did you get the bolt clearance issue fixed? you may have the bolt rubbing on the frame issue and that vibration is feeding back thru the pegs

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not sure what you are talking about? I didn't install them so I don't know.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    I'm not sure what you are talking about? I didn't install them so I don't know.
    the issue with the bolt rubbing the frame on 2010 spyder rt

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27678

that vibration would pass up thru the pegs

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info, but I think it will be cheaper to just pay to take them off and give them away.