Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Great news. Looking forward to Maggie Valley and the two of you.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Ok, we're back from the vet & she decided it best to go ahead & give him an intravenous fluid injection under his skin When they brought him back out, he had a HUGE hunchback that freaked me out at 1st. They said gravity would help work it's way down as his body starts absorbing the fluids as well. Which, now that we're home, I've witnessed it go from one BIG blob in the center of his back to two smaller blobs, one on each side

They also prescribed this prescription can food that any animal will eat, unless they are in dire straits. And sure enough, he lapped it right up. So for now, he's off his special diet & it's just anything I can get him to eat.

So, for now, he's eating & drinking As soon as we got home, he went over to the pile of laundry, crawed his way up, and plopped down on top & crashed Guess he's had enough of being poked & prodded for one day
    When our big fury cat does too much prowling around outside and gets dehydrated we take him to the vet for an under the skin IV shots and he is full of lumps from the Iv fluid that the vet injects under his skin and this IV fluid always makes him feel better . We are glad that Teddy is improving each day

Spyder Garage

It's all good Man, remember the Doctor said it was one of the most successful surgeries she had done. I remember when our Puggle had surgery on his leg and was walking around like a Spyder on 3. Looked just like Teddy with his shaved leg. Give him time and slowly but surely he will start putting weight on it. What did the doctor say for recovery time? I'd imagine he wants you to keep him in check for a number of weeks before he's chasing Frisbees and sticks?
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Talking All things are good now :)

Quote Originally Posted by SpydermanCT View Post
    It's all good Man, remember the Doctor said it was one of the most successful surgeries she had done. I remember when our Puggle had surgery on his leg and was walking around like a Spyder on 3. Looked just like Teddy with his shaved leg. Give him time and slowly but surely he will start putting weight on it. What did the doctor say for recovery time? I'd imagine he wants you to keep him in check for a number of weeks before he's chasing Frisbees and sticks?
    Yeah, Teddy's definately had the Y factor thing going on, thats for sure Tonight was such a nice evening, I had to take him out for a ryde, and we stopped by Eden Park to check out the view and for him to hop around for a little bit, and low and behold, he had to go Ive never been so happy to see him go #2, but we were worried he'd end up constipated since it had been 2 days without going, but that's all over now
    Yup, got orders to pretty much carry him everywhere for the next couple of weeks. It is cute tho, to watch him hop around on 3 legs when I set him down anywhere & of course he's like a lil lost puppy hop'n after his Papa

Spyder Garage

Nothing like a good #2 to make you feel better. Hope you are on the road to MV and the BBQ. Keep us posted on Teddy's recovery.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3341 View Post
    Nothing like a good #2 to make you feel better. Hope you are on the road to MV and the BBQ. Keep us posted on Teddy's recovery.
    That works for all of us... Keep him healing and on the road! These things are always tougher on the parents...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Good news about the Tedster. Hope he recoops soon! Have fun in Maggie Valley. We have to pass on it..'tis just too damn far for us to go.

We will meet somewhere,sometime, I m sure.

And, as usual,Kiddo sends the Tedster smooches (from Michigan!) She is with my wife Pat and grandson.

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear the pup is doing better. We have a 13 year old Min Schnauzer that has Cushing's Disease for about 6 years, diabetes for about a year now, and has just went blind due to cataracts. He (Sarge) is my bud too, so I know how ya feel. Glad hes doing good.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Responses

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3341 View Post
    I know it makes me feel better too We plan on leaving the Cincinnati area early Thursday morning, around 4 or 5am so we can get to Lamonts around 11 or 12 Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    That works for all of us... Keep him healing and on the road! These things are always tougher on the parents...
    Ain't that the truth

Quote Originally Posted by draboo View Post
    Good news about the Tedster. Hope he recoops soon! Have fun in Maggie Valley. We have to pass on it..'tis just too damn far for us to go. We will meet somewhere,sometime, I m sure. And, as usual,Kiddo sends the Tedster smooches (from Michigan!) She is with my wife Pat and grandson.
    UGH!!! We are SO look'n forward to meet'n you guys I'm sad it won't be this time but I totally understand. We'll work the logistics out eventually I'm sure Teddy just met a lil PomaPoo wearing pink doggles last night, cutest lil thing, looked just like a baby Ewok & he seemed smit'n with her, so I'm sure he'd really enjoy meet'n Kiddo

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Glad to hear the pup is doing better. We have a 13 year old Min Schnauzer that has Cushing's Disease for about 6 years, diabetes for about a year now, and has just went blind due to cataracts. He (Sarge) is my bud too, so I know how ya feel. Glad hes doing good.
    It's good to know I'm not alone out here, thank you for share'n Pets give us what others can't, unconditional love & rest assured, Teddy & I will keep Sarge in our prayers

Spyder Garage

Unhappy 6/15/11*67F*Teddy is do'n ok*1st Negative Feedback

Wow, how our local weather here is changing. We've been in the high 80's & 90's for a lil while now, which is much warmer than average for our area. Over night lows were in the mid 70's, but not now. Got into the 50's last night & suppose to start having some showers/storms moving thru for the next few days

As for Teddy, he's do'n as good as can be expected, tho he is showing more signs of pain & discomfort now that he's gone thru his Major pain meds & is back on his regular pain medicine. He only got the GOOD STUFF for 2 days I know last night, he kept waking me up licking his sore knee which worries me, cause it's not much for him to go from licking it to biting at it & if he starts that, he'll have to wear the dreaded E-Collar & we don't want that Took him out Ryding a lot the last couple of days, as it seems to help keep his mind off of his sore lil knee Its amazing, how the along with a cute lil dog Ryde'n shotgun brings down ppls defenses & total strangers will come up to you & treat you like family. Was Ryde'n thru a new development last night and met a wonderful family out in their driveway. Mom & Dad had a cute lil PomaPoo that looked just like a baby Ewok who just had a similar surgery as Teddy just about 4 weeks ago. She's now walking on all 4 & see'n her helped give me some hope for TEDDYS recovery. The dad loved the & the Mom was taken with Teddy. They even had their 2 kids come out to look T the & Teddy, even brought out a bowl of water for Teddy Was funny, the mom wanted pics of Teddy with their lil Ewok, both wearing their doggles (she had pink) & the Dad ended up having to give the digital camera to their 10yo so she could figure out how to take the pic ya gotta love kids, their just so dang tech. savvy now a days Great family, their son really liked the We talked about Teddys rehab & they even gave me their instructions from their vet about doing therapy on their dogs leg, stretching and excercises TEDDYS vet didn't give us any of that and when I asked about rehab, she just stated that we need to get him using it as soon as possible, but that was all So I thank them for giving me these instructions as I figure it can't hurt to try and work with him a little

On another topic, I got my 1st negative reaction from a total stranger yesterday as I was riding home from work Not sure if I did something, or the lady just didn't like TEDDYS Red , but she made sure to make it clear to me that she didn't like it I was on I75 S in Ohio & she had come onto the highway from an on-ramp up ahead. I guess she saw me in her mirror, cause by the time I got along side of her in the fast lane, I looked over and she was holding her arm up to the drivers window giving me a BIG THUMBS DOWN I was actually a little shocked & had to close my mouth as my jaw dropped at seeing her reaction No clue why but in over a year now, this was the first time anything like that has happened I just figure, you can't please them all Then again, maybe she's seen us before while Teddy was Ryding, and she was giving me the BIG THUMBS DOWN sign cause he wasn't with me No clue, but at least that I could understand

Anyways, VERY EXCITED to be leaving in the morning for Lamonts Bar-B-Q Can't wait to meet you all & for you guys to meet Teddy Tho he's not gonna be his hyper lil self it's still gonna be a Great Time with Great People

Everyone, Ryde safe & arrive alive See you soon

Spyder Garage

On another topic, I got my 1st negative reaction from a total stranger yesterday as I was riding home from work Not sure if I did something, or the lady just didn't like TEDDYS Red , but she made sure to make it clear to me that she didn't like it I was on I75 S in Ohio & she had come onto the highway from an on-ramp up ahead. I guess she saw me in her mirror, cause by the time I got along side of her in the fast lane, I looked over and she was holding her arm up to the drivers window giving me a BIG THUMBS DOWN I was actually a little shocked & had to close my mouth as my jaw dropped at seeing her reaction No clue why but in over a year now, this was the first time anything like that has happened I just figure, you can't please them all Then again, maybe she's seen us before while Teddy was Ryding, and she was giving me the BIG THUMBS DOWN sign cause he wasn't with me No clue, but at least that I could understand
    That's the international sign for "I'M JEALOUS"

Spyder Garage

Red face Almost 8am & about to head to the Bar-B-Q

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    That's the international sign for "I'M JEALOUS"
    Phil, & I like the way you think

Teddy's leg has really started bothering him, now that he has gone 2 days without the stronger pain meds. Kept me up again most of last night licking it, which I thought wasn't a big deal, but come to find out, it is I thought him biting it was the issue, but licking it is just as bad cause he can introduce germs to the incision & cause an infection & you know where that road leads. So, back to the vet, got more pain meds & unfortunately the dreaded cone of shame just in case

I planned on leaving around 4 or 5 am but i was just to tired to make the long Ryde that early. Got a little more rest, Teddy has all his meds for the morning in him now, & we're about to head out. We're taking it slow & easy, especially since we're taking Teddy's dog house on wheels with us & are taking all backroads for the 6 hour trip to Lamonts

Hope to see many of you in a few hours. Everyone, making the trip or not, please Ryde Safe & Arrive Alive

Spyder Garage

Red face We made Lamonsters Bar-B-Q 2011, just a lil late

WOW, WHAT A GREAT DAY!

Kinda neat, we're camping out right now in TEDDYS dog house on wheels in Lamonts front yard We all just finished chat'n & said good night for the evening, & we're all camped out all over the place

Man, what hospitality & can that man throw a Bar-B-Q or what A BIG thank you goes out to Lamont and everyone else who helped put everything together You guys did SpYderLovers proud

And none of this would be possible for Teddy & I without all of the support y'all have shown us

We got a late start, since we needed to get stronger pain meds for the trip, since his leg has been bothering him more. Many of you seen him hopping around on 3 legs & he's making it. Was so GREAT to meet & chat with so many of you & we still have so many more to meet

YOU people are what makes SpYderLovers such an AWESOME community THANK YOU

Teddy had a busy day today scmoozing & posing for his fans He just had a lil mishap a few minutes ago, laying in the dark dirt, & he kinda got kicked (totally by accident) when someone went walking by. Very hard to see an almost all black dog, laying in the dirt in the dark But he got it right in the bad leg I'm thinking he'll be ok it just seeped a lil blood, nothing major Luckily, we have the GOOD pain meds, which I immediately gave to him & he's now laying right next to me, snoring his cute lil snore So I'm think'n he'll be no worse for wear when morning comes

& tomorrow we're off to the campgrounds with Deb & the gang to Maggie Valley Hope to get to meet so many more of you
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 06-19-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Spyder Garage

Talking We made it to Maggie Valley

Was a lil late to Lamonts Bar-B-Q but we made it & had a great time. Camped out at his place, then 4 of us followed him for an AWESOME Ryde from is place to Maggie Valley That was an experience of a lifetime folks

We're camping with Deb & her husband, tho they left us this morning & we're on our own. Can be kinda hard to find a place to eat that has outside dining, so teddy & I can eat together. We just made a stop at a Little Caesars pizza that has some outside tables, so we're having pizza for breakfast even tho its almost 2pm now. Long day yesterday, so we slept in this morning. I was really sad, we don't have Internet at our campground, nor phone service, & I missed Lamonts email about a VIP Ryde that we missed this morning but ya just gotta roll with the punches, we're still having fun & making the best of it. About to head back to the fair grounds so Teddy can schmooz with his fans

It's been SO awesome seeing SpYders everywhere & meeting so many of the great Ryders as well
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 06-19-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Spyder Garage

That awesome ride, was it the Bigfoot Highway? He had us go that route.

Spyder Garage

Red face 6/19/11*Teddy made it home from Maggie Valley

You know, they say there's no place like home It was an AWESOME trip, but I'm glad we're home Teddy is crashed on the couch right now half way under my legs curled up in a blanket

We left Maggie Valley last night after the festivities were over, around 9:30 or so. Stopped for a few hours rest around Lexington, & woke up to rain Even pulling TEDDYS camper, the RT-S handles the rain superbly

I'm gonna join Teddy & crash myself for a little while, & I'll update more later today & add some pics too

Quick note, Teddy did well while we were in Maggie Valley but since it was raining on the way home, I put him in his enclosed carrier on the back seat of his so he would stay dry & warm. He doesn't like being enclosed but it was best for him ........ So I thought Since he was enclosed, he didn't have to "hunker down" like he usually does at highway speeds, and with me being in full rain gear, I couldn't see what he was doing and sure enough, he went to town on his incision He got it opened up a little bit & there was some blood around it I'm hoping it's ok & just looks worse than it is. I'll take him in to see his vet again tomorrow, & see what she thinks. I know he'll have to wear the cone-of-shame tomorrow when I leave to go to work & he's just gonna HATE that

Spyder Garage

Talking I have no clue

Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
    That awesome ride, was it the Bigfoot Highway? He had us go that route.
    He was leading & Teddy & I was right behind him ...... Well, we "tried" staying right behind him I should say He said it was gonna be a nice leisurely Ryde thru the countryside to Maggie Valley Well, I'm really intrigued in what he would consider a "SPIRITED" Ryde, as we were in triple digits try'n to keep pace & not lose him But I have to admit, IT WAS A BLAST

So, honestly, I have no clue what road it was But when I asked him how that Ryde compared to the "Tail of the dragon", he said it made the "Dragon" appear to be tame

Spyder Garage

GREAT NEWS: SHE GAVE HIM THE GREEN LIGHT TO MAKE THE BAR-B-Q & MAGGIE VALLEY EVENTS!

This would not be possible without all of your support. SPYDERLOVERS ROCK!!!
    That is one confident vet. I'd think it would be obvious after surgery like that to keep an eye on Teddy until he heals a little. Like you said...Teddy picking at it is the worst.

Sounds like the cone of shame may be in his future. Still, with the mohawk I don't think any others dogs will make fun of him. Teddy is

It's only temporary too.
    Last edited by pierrelogic; 06-19-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Spyder Garage

Teddy (and Dave).... Thanks for making us smile while we were in MV. For all to know, Tedster stole the show wherever he was.

BEST OF ALL he got total approval from my bride . Now... Time for healing...

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Red face Sorry, photos to come, hopefully tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Teddy (and Dave).... Thanks for making us smile while we were in MV. For all to know, Tedster stole the show wherever he was. BEST OF ALL he got total approval from my bride . Now... Time for healing...
    Phil, it was great to meet YOU & your WONDERFUL WIFE I think Teddy was as taken with her as she was with him
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been try'n to upload pics & vids from the weekend festivities, but it seems I've overloaded my computer & have run out of memory On the road from the Cherokee CampGround back to the Maggie Valley fairgrounds, the Memorial Ryde came right by us, so we stopped on the mountain road, & I video'd all the Ryders passing by us, many giving us the thumbs up was a GREAT site to see for an even Greater cause

As soon as I get my memory issues resolved, I'll get them uploaded to share with all of you

Spyder Garage

Unhappy 6/21/11

Technology can be good, and it can also be a What's the worse text message you've ever gotten I got one that floored me yesterday, it started out, "I should not tell you this thru text, but it is too hard in person." It's very private & nothing to do with Spyders or Teddy, so I won't go into here, just not the place

I'll just say, it has my stress & anxiety levels at all time highs right now. The last time I dealt with this much anxiety was back in '99 when I lived in Clearwater Florida, caring for my ill mother. She loved the ocean & beach, so I would often take her down to the pier at the Dunedin Yacht Club, & she would fish. The last time we were there, she had what they call a mini-stroke, right there in front of me. She didn't fall down or anything like that. She was just sitting next to me with her rod in hand, & we were talking, and it hit her. The left side of her face, eyes & mouth kinda went droopy, her words started becoming incoherent, slurred, almost as if she was drunk. I'm not sure if she could tell it or not, she kept on trying to talk to me. All I could do was hold her, tell her I loved her, & it would be ok. It hurt so bad to love someone so much & not be able to do a damn thing to help them.

Sorry, my heads not in this right now guys. Teddy is ok, took him back to vet yesterday, incision is a little open, but not bleeding or swollen. Vet gave me some more anti-biotics to make sure he doesn't get it infected. My home pc is still down, so I still can't upload pics yet, sorry. They will come....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Talking 6/22/11*73F*Welcoming a New SpYderLover to the world

Ok, I'm a bit better in the head today, at least compared to yesterday
    So, back on the topic of SpYders

Think I told y'all that I hadn't driven my car in at least 3 months & the bettery is now dead Well, the other day, teddy & I was out with my buddy playing disc-golf (Teddy did remarkably well on 3) & he asked if I wouldn't mind driving him to work so he could drop his SUV off at the shop to get needed repairs done. I was excited at 1st, cause this would be the first time I'd actually have a passenger (besides Teddy) on the back seat But when he came to the realization that he'd be Ryde'n BH, I think his male ego kicked in, & he said, "Ummmmmm .... NO" he had me drive his SUV & he drove his moms (who's on vaca in FL) all just so he didn't have to Ryde BH I have to admit, I really don't understand it, I love to Ryde, & granted, I've never been a passenger, but i wouldn't have an issue with it at all, especially on an RT. An RS, I don't think I'd be comfortable without any back protection, but who knows So, while playing, I came to the realization that I'd have to leave TEDDYS at his place, & drive his SUV home that night & to work the next morning, & back to his house after work. I actually had depression at the thought it would be the 1st day I wouldn't be Ryde'n TEDDYS in over 6 months

I know to most of you, this may sound crazy but TEDDYS is my daily driver & I openly admit that I'm addicted I felt guilty that i felt the way I did, but I couldn't help it So, I hadn't driven another vehicle besides my own car in years, & now I was having to go from Ryde'n TEDDYS on a daily basis, to driving my friends Ford Escape SUV & to make things worse, we got caught in a major downpour UGH!!! Not my version of a good time, that's for sure
    I remember it took me at least 10 minutes behind the wheel just to get acclimated to his SUV, tho I never felt comfortable like I do on the

Even tho it was storming like crazy, I had a blast Ryde'n home last night from my friends house

I rode in to work this morning just for 2 hours & now I'm sitting at the hospital waiting for my niece to have her C-Section done at 9:30 & for my Great Nephew to soon be born & welcomed into the world Think she settled on the name Gunner for the lil guy, tho I don't think a 10+pound baby can really be considered all that lil

So far, so good. More updates later

Spyder Garage

He was leading & Teddy & I was right behind him ...... Well, we "tried" staying right behind him I should say He said it was gonna be a nice leisurely Ryde thru the countryside to Maggie Valley Well, I'm really intrigued in what he would consider a "SPIRITED" Ryde, as we were in triple digits try'n to keep pace & not lose him But I have to admit, IT WAS A BLAST

So, honestly, I have no clue what road it was But when I asked him how that Ryde compared to the "Tail of the dragon", he said it made the "Dragon" appear to be tame
    The road was 209 out of Hot Springs. Sorry if I drove a little faster than I should of, that road just calls my name and I can't help myself some times.

It was great having you and Teddy stay with us. My place is always open to you both.

Spyder Garage

Talking Newest SpyderLover

to my great nephew:

Gunner Wayne Garrison
    10 pounds 3 ounces 22 inches long
    Born at 9:36am today

Mom & baby are do'n GREAT!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 06-22-2011 at 10:52 AM.