Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

So happy for you and for Teddy!!! Can't wait to meet you all at the BBQ!!!

Spyder Garage

So glad to hear the good news. I have been following Teddy since I met him at SpyderFest. I know you will take good care of him, give him a kiss for me and don't let him do too much. He can ride his Spyder and you can carry him everywhere else. I too have gone through knee surgery with one of my dogs several years ago. Just so glad he is going to be good as new.

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Great news man. Teddy is one of the coolest little dogs I've even had the pleasure of meeting. Defitetly need to setup some local rides so he and Dakota to ride together.

on the good news.
    My Heaps:

2010 Spyder RT-AC SE5

1987 BUICK Turbo T - TURBO SBC Project still in the works - (11.3 @ 121 without the turbo installed N/A)

RIP - 1982 OLDS CUTLASS 11.02 @ 129.2mph

Sold -- 1987 BUICK Turbo T W02 11.61 @ 118mph

Sold -- 2004 DODGE SRT-4 S2 13.0 @ 111.9 mph

"...there's two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will see 'em,
    but the only thing that matters is that little line between 'em..."

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Great news! I know you are relieved and we are excited that we get to see Teddy at the Owner's Event!

Spyder Garage

Default Get Better Teddy :)

GET WELL TEDDY
    Last edited by Phil; 06-10-2011 at 03:08 PM.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Just talked with Teddy's vet & surgery was a complete success. Said out of hundreds she's done, he had in the top 5 of the flattest patellas she's ever seen, so she did have to cut a groove in his bone to give his ligament a place to rest without so easily popping out of place. Said he just started lifting his lil head. I'm sad I can't be there right now, but I'll be heading his way at 2:30.

GREAT NEWS: SHE GAVE HIM THE GREEN LIGHT TO MAKE THE BAR-B-Q & MAGGIE VALLEY EVENTS!

This would not be possible without all of your support. SPYDERLOVERS ROCK!!!
    WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! way to go teddy!!!! dave, so glad to hear that teddy did well, you must be relieved. thanks for the update.

Spyder Garage

Oh yes!!!

I'm sure this has been a long day for both of you. Really thrilled to hear the good news!
    Dan

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy Roller Coaster

I was SO not emotionally prepared for this

This is the 1st time in TEDDYS young life of 3 years that I've seen him in his present condition, & it's just tearing my heart out right now.

I'm sorry, more later...

Spyder Garage

Dogs don't think about themselves in the same way we do about ourselves. If you treat Teddy "normally" I'm telling you that he will take all of this in stride. Don't act like anything is wrong. He will perceive things the way you make them seem to him. If you are happy to see him and just act like all is fine, then Teddy will be fine too.

Hugs for you today and in the days to come. I've been through surgery with dogs I've had. No, it's not easy. But, dogs are WAY more resilient than we give them credit for!
    Marilyn

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBT View Post
    Dogs don't think about themselves in the same way we do about ourselves. If you treat Teddy "normally" I'm telling you that he will take all of this in stride. Don't act like anything is wrong. He will perceive things the way you make them seem to him. If you are happy to see him and just act like all is fine, then Teddy will be fine too.

Hugs for you today and in the days to come. I've been through surgery with dogs I've had. No, it's not easy. But, dogs are WAY more resilient than we give them credit for!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBT View Post
    He will reflect your mood. Buck up buddy, sounds like he came through with flying colors! You should be smiling that things went so well. Sob into your pillow to relieve the emotions, but keep that smile on your face and that lilt in your voice when you're with the little guy.

We're so happy to hear the good news!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am so happy that Teddy's surgery was a success and looking forward to meeting you and Teddy in the future.

Spyder Garage

That's great news Dave. We are so happy for you two.

I have to agree with some of the follks here. Teddy is the coolest dog I have NEVER had the pleasure to meet. We hope to have the pleasure of meeting you both some day.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Just talked with Teddy's vet & surgery was a complete success. Said out of hundreds she's done, he had in the top 5 of the flattest patellas she's ever seen, so she did have to cut a groove in his bone to give his ligament a place to rest without so easily popping out of place. Said he just started lifting his lil head. I'm sad I can't be there right now, but I'll be heading his way at 2:30.

GREAT NEWS: SHE GAVE HIM THE GREEN LIGHT TO MAKE THE BAR-B-Q & MAGGIE VALLEY EVENTS!

This would not be possible without all of your support. SPYDERLOVERS ROCK!!!
    This is what we wanted to hear, it's great news. The recovery period will be tougher for you than Teddy. He will be ready to rock before you want him to but be sure to keep him in check until things heal up. I'm excited for you ! !
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

Red face 6/11/11* Review of the day of surgery

Thanks for all the advice, guys. Im do'n my best, its just hard when he cant even help himself & he gives me that look of confusion with pain in his eyes.

Ive taken him out twice now, he just stands there on 3 legs, wont even try to move the fixed one. He tried to pee just standing there without aiming, and if I didn't help him, he would'a whizzed on himself

Pool lil guy. I know this is only temporary, and Im trying to act as if nothing is wrong or different, but his pain meds pretty much keep him knocked out, which is a good thing for right now.

I planned on taking the car to the vet, but hadn't driven it in over a month, so the battery is dead, so we Spyder'd to the Vet

We use Banfield the Pet Hospital at Pets Mart

Teddy be'n a Trooper on the scale

The Tedster all Caged Up pre-surgery- had to give him his sqeaker

This is when I picked him up from surgery

Spyder Garage

Red face & here's pics from today

SpYderLovers are the BEST
    THANK YOU ALL!!!

Spyder Garage

Exclamation I deleted the Garmin 665 from the 4sale Thread

Thanks to all the SpyderLovers Forum Community Members who unselfishly donated to Teddy's surgery fund, we no longer have to sell the Garmin GPS to pay for his surgery

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!! I will do my best to nurse the Tedster back to his Crazy SpYderLoving Self so that we can get out there and start sharing new Adventures to help keep all his fans entertained

Right now, its just one day at a time

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear all is good!

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TRIP & KEEP US UPDATED ON HOW IT GOES
    WOW.....great news about Teddy....so glad to hear he did so well. And its ok to baby him a little, after all, he IS your baby. Hope he feels up to traveling to the BBQ and Maggie Valley, I so want to meet you and Teddy and give him a big hug from TN. Keep us posted on his improvements.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Look what happens when I get busy at work and miss a couple of days checking in ?!?!

So glad to hear the good report on the Tedster.
    And how wonderful that the Spyderlovers family came to the rescue to help with the expenses! WOW!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks to all the SpyderLovers Forum Community Members who unselfishly donated to Teddy's surgery fund, we no longer have to sell the Garmin GPS to pay for his surgery

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!! I will do my best to nurse the Tedster back to his Crazy SpYderLoving Self so that we can get out there and start sharing new Adventures to help keep all his fans entertained

Right now, its just one day at a time
    Teddy will heal one day at a time and we will all be thinking of him everyday

Spyder Garage

Question Teddy's Good to GO Camping!!!

Originally, Teddy & I had planned on taking our Moto-Mate Camper & sharing a campsite with Deb (dltang) & Draboo and a few others, but then Teddy ended up needing surgery, so we had to cancel

Well, his surgery was a success tho recovery is going to be a slow, tedius process His vet has given us the green light to make the trip to the Bar-B-Q & Maggie Valley Owners Event

Deb said she still has the large camping site, so we are still good to go for camping

We've already experienced the AWESOME GENEROSITY of the SpYderLovers Community 1st hand and am proud to be a part of it ourselves. We look forward to meeting as many of you as possible & to say "Thanks" in person.

SpYderLovers ROCK!!!

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 06-12-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Teddy's not eating or drinking :(

Ok, surgery was Friday & since then, he hasn't eaten or drank or #2 yet either. He's gone #1 twice now, but that's it. I'm probably over-reacting, but we're headed back to the vet to see what they think. I'm just worried with all his meds, and nothing in him stomach, that he might end up getting dehydrated or worse. I even used one of the sirenges they gave me for his liquid medicine to put water in his mouth, but we're talking a couple CC's at best. He just wont drink or eat on his own so we're off for some professional advice

Update y'all later

Spyder Garage

Linda and I will be praying for Teddy's complete recovery Keep us posted on how the Mo-Gangs mascot is doing!

Spyder Garage

Red face Intravenous fluid injection

Ok, we're back from the vet & she decided it best to go ahead & give him an intravenous fluid injection under his skin When they brought him back out, he had a HUGE hunchback that freaked me out at 1st. They said gravity would help work it's way down as his body starts absorbing the fluids as well. Which, now that we're home, I've witnessed it go from one BIG blob in the center of his back to two smaller blobs, one on each side

They also prescribed this prescription can food that any animal will eat, unless they are in dire straits. And sure enough, he lapped it right up. So for now, he's off his special diet & it's just anything I can get him to eat.

So, for now, he's eating & drinking As soon as we got home, he went over to the pile of laundry, crawed his way up, and plopped down on top & crashed Guess he's had enough of being poked & prodded for one day
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 06-12-2011 at 06:52 PM.