Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

We very much enjoy your stories about friendship and love that you too have for each other. My family and I pray everyday for Teddy's health and your strength as you two buddies stuggle through this ordeal.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    We very much enjoy your stories about friendship and love that you too have for each other. My family and I pray everyday for Teddy's health and your strength as you two buddies stuggle through this ordeal.
    Thank you stevedfive, we both appreciate it

Spyder Garage

Our family will also say prayers for our buddy Teddy. Our Puggle had leg surgery last year when he snapped a tendon. It was tough keeping a puppy on lockdown for 8 weeks but we got thru it. If that ends up being your only option be positive, the outcome will be well worth the wait.
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the kind words but I am going to ask one faver. We want to come to Cincy. and get a guided night tour on our Spyders. Your pics look really cool and we would like to see for ourselves. Oh and love the new shield.

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

Talking Anytime my friend

Quote Originally Posted by StriperKing View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words but I am going to ask one faver. We want to come to Cincy. and get a guided night tour on our Spyders. Your pics look really cool and we would like to see for ourselves. Oh and love the new shield.
    Sounds like a great time to us Just let us know when you'd like to do it, & we'll work it out There is so much to see & do here, if you guys wanted, you could make it a weekend getaway even From cruiseboat rides on the Ohio river to helicopter tours of the city & everything in between. Think this coming weekend is Italian Fest along the Newport Riverfront & thats always a good time. Heck, I even have a spare bedroom if you guys wanted to crash at our place, as long as your not allergic to cats, dogs or chinchillas Oh My!!!

Spyder Garage

Unhappy 6/8/11* Teddy is scheduled for surgery on Friday :(

Quote Originally Posted by SpydermanCT View Post
    Our family will also say prayers for our buddy Teddy. Our Puggle had leg surgery last year when he snapped a tendon. It was tough keeping a puppy on lockdown for 8 weeks but we got thru it. If that ends up being your only option be positive, the outcome will be well worth the wait.
    Thank you SpydermanCT, as I write this with a heavy heart but good spirits from reading yours & many others' posts about their furry loved ones going through such ordeals & coming out of it better than ever.

TEDDYS vet & I have agreed surgery is now the only option. It's been a month since his original accident & we keep taking two steps toward progress, but three steps back. She's afraid the longer we wait now, the more damage & complications from arthritis setting in could happen.

My brother still has Cocoa, the 2nd Pomeranian I ever owned, which I gave to him when I got married back in '99 & moved to Tallahassee. She's now 14 years old in human years, & she has arthritis really bad. I ordered a liquid to put in her water daily, & that helps a lot, but the Arthritis totally changed her personality. She doesn't want to walk, jump, play or do much of anything & with her longevity, I can kinda understand that. But TEDDYS only 3yo & it makes me sick to my stomach to think of him in such a shape I can't allow him to wait & see any longer. The decision is made, surgery is scheduled for this Friday.

I say this with a heavy heart, cause this means that we will have to cancel the Maggy Valley event, & we miss the BRP Owners event again for the 2nd year in a row

But I haven't given up yet on Lamonts Bar-B-Q, as it's only a one day event, & I'm thinking we may be able to pull that off Not sure yet, all depends on the lil guy & how he acts after his surgery is done. His Vet tells me there is no real down time & that they actually want him up & walking as soon as he can. Depends on how it looks inside once they get his tiny lil knee-cap opened up as to the extent to what they have to do. He may just need the offending tendon to be stitched down or they may also have to cut some of the bone away to make the groove the tendon is suppose to lay in deeper so it doesn't "pop" out as easily or often as it does now.

The biggest issue is if he starts biting at his incision (which is a normal thing for a dog to do, but bad) & he has to wear one of those E-collars (cone of shame) He can't Ryde wearing one of those & I can't constantly watch him to make sure he's not biting at it while I'm driving

And to make matters worse, $600-$1200 is the estimated cost & my addiction got the best of me & I now find myself in a hole. I'm thinking I should sell my new Garmin Zumo665 GPS. I've only had it about 4 months, but I consider it a luxury item, as my droid works well at double duty as a GPS and having 2 seems overboard, especially see'n that it costs about the same as his surgery, & his surgery is a must, not a luxury. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM with your best offer & we'll discuss it.

I'd also like to say thanks for all of those that have kept up with TEDDYS adventures & have prayed & sent well wishes for the lil guy. It really does help & makes a difference knowing your not alone going thru something like this. I've always said, that Teddy & I are Blessed to have each other, but we're even more so because of our Incredably caring extended SpyderLovers Family THANK YOU ALL!

Spyder Garage

Wow. This is a lot to face in a young dog like Teddy. But, if surgery can get him on the mend and lessen the possibility of arthritis, than this would be a very good thing.

I'll be thinking of you and the little man on Friday when he has the surgery. Too bad about the BRP event. But, Teddy's welfare is a priority. Hope you don't have to sell your GPS to pay for surgery.

Wishing you and Teddy the best of luck on Friday!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Best wishes to Teddy for a good result and quick healing from his surgery Friday. Too bad you'll miss the Maggie Valley event, but I'm sure there was no question in your mind about what you had to do. We'll be thinking about both of you.
    Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Thanks for the update on the Tedster. Those of us who have furkids can certainly relate to your deep concern for his wellbeing.
    And at times like this, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

You know your Spyderlovers family will be praying for you both and looking forward to hearing how things go during surgery.

Spyder Garage

Really sorry to hear of Teddy's trials.. I know when my Bo or Kayla have to have surgery I am worried beside myself - actually much more than if I had surgery myself. Our furry friends are such a blessing in our lives. I know we all wish we could protect them completely from life in general. My prayers are with you both.
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Default Droid

Do you plug your Droid in the trunk? The Droid does work real good as a gps. Hope your little dog heals real fast.

Spyder Garage

Dave, Jenny and I will be thinking of Teddy on Friday and praying for a speedy recovery.
    Padre Spyder & Jenny
    Riding the Dream on a Dream Ride

Spyder Garage

We will get together when Teddys up and going good. You take care of what is #1 first. I am sure there may be a few other folks that would like to join for a ride through Cincy. Best wishes to you and Teddy on Friday. Sounds like it is the best option.

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

Red face WOW, the SpYderLovers Community is the BEST

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBT View Post
    Wow. This is a lot to face in a young dog like Teddy. But, if surgery can get him on the mend and lessen the possibility of arthritis, than this would be a very good thing.
    I'll be thinking of you and the little man on Friday when he has the surgery. Too bad about the BRP event. But, Teddy's welfare is a priority. Hope you don't have to sell your GPS to pay for surgery.
    Wishing you and Teddy the best of luck on Friday!
    Thanks so much. GPS is just a tool, & my droid will do the job, so no worries there.

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    Best wishes to Teddy for a good result and quick healing from his surgery Friday. Too bad you'll miss the Maggie Valley event, but I'm sure there was no question in your mind about what you had to do. We'll be thinking about both of you.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Cat View Post
    Thanks for the update on the Tedster. Those of us who have furkids can certainly relate to your deep concern for his wellbeing. And at times like this, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
    You know your Spyderlovers family will be praying for you both and looking forward to hearing how things go during surgery.
    Thank you, Ive been overwhelmed by the support & caring of the SpyderLovers Community, thats for sure. I'll update more as things progress.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    Really sorry to hear of Teddy's trials.. I know when my Bo or Kayla have to have surgery I am worried beside myself - actually much more than if I had surgery myself. Our furry friends are such a blessing in our lives. I know we all wish we could protect them completely from life in general. My prayers are with you both.
    Thank you. We are truly blessed, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ijon1 View Post
    Do you plug your Droid in the trunk? The Droid does work real good as a gps. Hope your little dog heals real fast.
    On Teddys 2010 I bought an extended cord from Verizon, and yes, I ran it from the rear trunk plug, up under the seat, and to the Droid in the cradle above the glove box. Worked well last year, but I'm going to change the set-up on his new 2011 & mount it above the dash right under the shield & have it hard wired into the analogue gas gauge that I dont use anymore. Think it will work well, but havent done it yet. Thanks for your well wishes for Teddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Padre Spyder View Post
    Dave, Jenny and I will be thinking of Teddy on Friday and praying for a speedy recovery.
    Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by StriperKing View Post
    We will get together when Teddys up and going good. You take care of what is #1 first. I am sure there may be a few other folks that would like to join for a ride through Cincy. Best wishes to you and Teddy on Friday. Sounds like it is the best option.
    Thank You for the support & let me know when you guys are ready

Spyder Garage

Hope everything comes out good for the little guy--- been down that road on getting expensive care done for dogs. I'm fortunate to have Michigan State University close by - but man can things get costly quick (bloat surgury $2,300). My Newf had his own cardiologist and it was easily $500 every time we went.... but they're family-- money well spent!

Keep us updated!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am very sorry to read about Teddy's injury not healing. I enjoy reading Teddy's adventures . I will be praying for you and Teddy and thinking about you and Teddy on Friday.

Spyder Garage

Good luck to the Ted. Hope everything goes well and he gets back to his old self.
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up I don't know what else to say, but THANK YOU!

I'm really struggling for words here. My emotions are all over the place & it's hard for me to properly communicate them, so I apologize in advance for my ramblings.

Back in March of 2010 was the 1st time I ever saw a SpYder, it was an all white RS model leaving the parking lot at my work. As soon as I saw it, as many of you can relate, I was bitten It became an addiction for me, staying up all hours of the night researching on the Net, day after day, the good, the bad, the ugly I just couldn't get enough

Found I have a local dealer not 15 minutes from my home (whom I DONT recommend) so I took Teddy with me to do some hands on research. I shoulda ran away as soon as I figured out that, from all my research, I knew more about the SpYder than the actual salesman did I listened intently while he was giving a demo & Ryde to a fellow interested buyer & I kept interjecting with little things the salesman "forgot" to mention He looked at me and asked if I already owned one, to which I just replied, "Nope, just been doing my homework."

I've always wanted a motorcycle, but the high risk of laying one down & doing serious damage to the bike, or even worse, to myself kept me from even exploring the realm of two wheelers. But with the Y architecture of the SpYder, not to mention all the safety features, that issue had been solved. So now, my issue was how do I Ryde with Teddy by my side? Teddy & I spent about 6 hours that day alone in the showroom. I came prepared with his travel food & water bowl with us & he had dinner right there on the showroom floor while playing with kids who's parents were looking around as well.

I was enticed by the RS, but once I saw the RT in the middle of the showroom floor, I was done It was a Full Moon Silver RT-AC. The 1st one they ever had. Since it was SO BRAND SPANKING NEW, He wouldn't let anyone test Ryde it. He said, "you can test ryde the RS models all day long, it's pretty close to the same Ryde, but the RT is going to be even more comfortable. If you like the RS, you can put a $1000 deposit down on an RT & we'll have it here in 2-3 weeks. If you don't like it then, I'll give you your deposit back."

I wish I had taken pictures back then like I do now, but I didn't get a single one at the time You shoulda seen us tho, trying every which way to sit on the RT & see how I could manage with Teddy as well knowing that he'd be safe & comfortable was more important to me than anything. The sales guy suggested I put Teddy up in the Frunk, but knowing Teddy doesn't like being enclosed, I didn't explore that option much. That's when the salesman suggested I get the RT622 trailer & get it modded for ventilation and so Teddy could see out, & yeah, I thought, you know, that just might work

The 2 ladies that work there were laughing at us all day long cause they knew I was hooked & if I could figure a way to make it work with Teddy, I was gonna make it happen, and like many, they hadn't seen a SpYder Ryde'n Pooch yet & the novelty left them in giggles

Once I figured the trailer & SpYder combo would work for Teddy & I, done deal. Teddy gets the best so I ordered a Timeless Black RT-S with the SE5 transmission. I figured being a new ryder, i want things as easy as possible so i can pay attention to the road, & also to Teddy Here's yur grand, I'll see you in 3 weeks.

So yeah, long story not so short, Teddy IS the very reason we originally got into the SpYder Community in the 1st place If someone woulda told me back then, how the SpYder would come to change our lives, I woulda laughed in their face & said, "yeah, right."

And now look at what has come to be. Teddy no longer belongs to me
    BUT TO ALL OF THE SPYDERLOVERS COMMUNITY

I will never forget our last appearance at SpyderFest 2011, when we went to Cowtown, right before the parade, to let Len & everyone else know that we had an emergency & sadly had to leave. When we started pulling into the Way Over Crowded parking lot, I heard a female scream out, "OH MY GOD!!! I KNOW THAT DOG!!! & then we were so mobbed with Teddys fans taking pictures and wanting to meet the lil guy & pet him, that we couldn't even move

It's all grown into something SO MUCH BIGGER THAN JUST US and I'm just lucky enough to be along for the Ryde with my best buddy. How does one say THANK YOU for all of the CARING, LOVE & SUPPORT that THIS SPYDERLOVERS COMMUNITY has shown us? You guys ARE THE BEST ***THANK YOU***

Spyder Garage

Dave...

I learned much from the generosity of our little community too... That saying "thank-you" is nice and polite, but what they really want, is for you to keep showing up...and that is what matters most.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

http://www.petco.com/product/108491/...omfy-Cone.aspx

I know you are worried about Teddy needing too wear the hard plastic cone. There are alternatives. I only sent the one link.

Do a search for "soft e-collar" or "Comfy Cone". Soft Elizabethan collar.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Keep'n the Faith, having gratitude & paying it forward.

Quote Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
    Dave...I learned much from the generosity of our little community too... That saying "thank-you" is nice and polite, but what they really want, is for you to keep showing up...and that is what matters most.
    That's what we intend to do, buddy. Show up & see all those smile'n faces & to thank y'all in person

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBT View Post
    http://www.petco.com/product/108491/...omfy-Cone.aspxI know you are worried about Teddy needing too wear the hard plastic cone. There are alternatives. I only sent the one link.Do a search for "soft e-collar" or "Comfy Cone". Soft Elizabethan collar.
    Thanks so much for the link, I'm looking into them now. The vet said it just all depends on how he acts toward his incision if he has to wear one or not I know with it hurt'n like it is now, he tends to gnaw at it. I put a lil cheyan pepper sauce on it & that stopped the gnawing, so I may try something similar after his surgery if his vet agrees

Spyder Garage

It has touced our hearts as well. We have four cats, all rescues. They are our kids too. Prayers for Teddy and we hope to be able to meet the two of you in Maggie Valley.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Unhappy surgery day

Wow, what a way to start. Got Teddy ready & all set to go & BAM, I havent driven my car in so long, dead battery, I mean nothing. So, the brief rain we had this morning was over, so we ended up taking Teddy's Spyder to the vet. He's there now, no doubt still bouncing off the walls like when I left him. More later.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default keep us posted

So sorry Teddy is back at the vet...keep us posted. Everything will be fine.

Spyder Garage

Talking Surgery Update

Just talked with Teddy's vet & surgery was a complete success. Said out of hundreds she's done, he had in the top 5 of the flattest patellas she's ever seen, so she did have to cut a groove in his bone to give his ligament a place to rest without so easily popping out of place. Said he just started lifting his lil head. I'm sad I can't be there right now, but I'll be heading his way at 2:30.

GREAT NEWS: SHE GAVE HIM THE GREEN LIGHT TO MAKE THE BAR-B-Q & MAGGIE VALLEY EVENTS!

This would not be possible without all of your support. SPYDERLOVERS ROCK!!!