Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave,
    Jenny and I just got back home from our journey, 4,600 miles total. I was sorry to hear about Teddy's problems and sorry we did not get to ride to Cincy with the two of you.
    Hope to see you both next year and our best wishes for Teddy's speedy recovery.
    Padre Spyder & Jenny
    Riding the Dream on a Dream Ride

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Arrow What's up?

Hey Dave . . . we need an update.... what's going with Teddy? are you feeling better yet???

Your S
    pyderlovers family needs to hear from you.

Spyder Garage

Hoping everthing is ok too
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Talking 5/18/11*been raining all week :(

Teddy & I are both doing better, thanks

Spyder Garage

Red face 5/19/11*Phones Dead*TEDDYS driving me crazy*LOL*Short Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Padre Spyder View Post
    Hi Dave,
    Jenny and I just got back home from our journey, 4,600 miles total. I was sorry to hear about Teddy's problems and sorry we did not get to ride to Cincy with the two of you.Hope to see you both next year and our best wishes for Teddy's speedy recovery.
    Sorry to scoot on you guys like we did, but when the vet down there suggested surgery, I knew I needed to get Teddy back home & in to see his "regular" vet. After our vet visit, I just packed up & left. Hope you got the note that I left for ya's maybe we can arrange something for next years SpyderFest it was great meet'n ya's & Awesome to actually meet another Spyder Ryde'n Pooch, Jenny Rocks !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Cat View Post
    Hey Dave . . . we need an update.... what's going with Teddy? are you feeling better yet???
    Teddy is doing much better, as am I been keep'n the lil guy drugged up pretty well to help keep him calm. You should see how he acts when I get home from work he's like a psycho dog climbing the walls I literally grab him and just hold him for about 3 minutes just to get him to start calming down. Then he jets off again thinking he's a speed racer doing time trials guess that means he's feeling pretty good

Your S
    pyderlovers family needs to hear from you.

Sorry I've been kinda distant on here lately. I never realized how much I depend on my cell phone & how lost I am without it. Seems like I killed it by accident. On our trip to SpyderFest, I didn't have enough time to mount my gps, so I just used my cell phones gps app. & it works great. Used it last year for our trip to Florida with no issues at all. Well, this time, I ran into allot of rain, as many Fest goers did. Last year, I just used a sandwich baggy & rubber band around the phone & that kept the water out. This time tho, the rain water stayed out but condensation didn't. I started having issues on our return trip home from Cuba. Well, after 2 weeks of dealing with it, the phone finally died about 3 days ago. Good thing I have the replacement insurance. Filed a claim yesterday, paid my $50 deductible & should be receiving the new one today. Also have the gps mounted (tho I'm not happy with it) so this shouldn't be an issue in the future I mounted the new Garmin Zumo 665 where my analogue temp gauge was, but in direct sun, I cant see the display at all makes it pretty much useless there, so I'll move it to another location. Have been looking on here for advise, and may end up mounting it to the top of the dash cover that way it's up high in line of site, but hopefully will be out of the direct sun enough to be useful. I don't think I'd like the mount in the middle of the handlebars, as I have a stick on mount mounted right below that area on the very top of the glove box, and I didn't like having to look down away from the road to check out the gps. So, I guess I'll play around with placement a little, & see where to best position it. If anyone else out there has done similar with good results, I'd like to hear them thanks guys & thanks again for all the well wishes for the Tedster. He's get'n better every day & we're both looking forward to Lamonsters Bar-B-Q & Maggy Valley ( Tho Teddy won't be do'n much jumping at all this trip )

Spyder Garage

Talking 5/20/11*63F*Break in the constant rain :)

Well finally, we got a lil break in the constant rain we've been having here in the Ohio Valley region. Yesterday was overcast most the day, but without the rain. Teddy & I musta put on close to 200 miles yesterday. One of my neighbors called from the condos we live in & said she needed some more gardening soil to plant flowers, so I volunteered to make the run. Took the mattress out of the Moto-Mate Camper & it makes a great utility trailer, much more room than our old RT622 Trailer (but doesn't handle as well) and makes for getting just about anything a piece of cake So, the day started with that run as soon as I got in from work & took care of the Tedster. Then we came back, dropped off the couple bags of soil & dropped the camper in the garage, then Teddy & I were off to do some street carving Have I mentioned how much I LOVE these Elka shocks? they are the BOMB!!! Last Friday, I had the up at Middletown Cycle for the 3000 mile service & another local with a 2010 Black RTS asked if he could take Teds Red Sled for a quick Ryde to see how different it handled with the Elkas compared to the 2010 stock shocks, & as soon as he came back inside the shop, he yelled to Aarron (the Owner) "I don't care how much $ they are, I gotta have 'em on my Spyder!" He said he was blown away at how much smoother the handling was & was very impressed. If someone would have told me before I had them how much of a difference they can make, I wouldn't have believed them entirely. But now that we have them, OMG, totally worth the cost So, last night we went out at least 4 different times, just cruising the back roads here in the BlueGrass. We have some great roads for ryde'n and the twisties just beg for the to eat them up, so Teddy & I do our part to oblige them. Think we got air-borne twice, set mis. Nanny off once & had a blast for at least 2 hours of see'n what teds new red sled can do & yeah, we had FUN! Had to stop twi e to gas up & had e usual crowed around us, but this time we even caused a small traffic jam cause a lady wouldn't move her car so she could take pics of Teddy on the but she was blocking traffic. I felt bad for the ppl stuck, but there wasn't anything I could do about it but smile & let the lady take her pics & get gone Ahhhhh........ A day in the lyfe

Today, it's actually partly sunny. Most of us around here haven't seen that big bright round thing in the sky for so long now we don't know how to act. I know i don't want to be sitting here at work now, but i also know I gotta pay the bills. But Damn, as soon as i get out, it's Ryde'n time again

Spyder Garage

Default ELKA Shocks

I'm glad you are happy with your shocks. I've been thinking about purchasing a set. I know there are different stages. What Stage are you running??
    Padre Spyder & Jenny
    Riding the Dream on a Dream Ride

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Padre Spyder View Post
    I'm glad you are happy with your shocks. I've been thinking about purchasing a set. I know there are different stages. What Stage are you running??
    Stage 1's are recommended for most Ryders & fit the bill for Teddy & I, & we are very happy with them. I let a fellow RTS owner running the 2010 stock shocks take Teds Red Sled for a test Ryde last week to feel the difference for himself & as soon as he walked back into the dealership, he told the owner he had to have a set & that he couldn't believe the difference that they make I'm sure you'll be very happy with them

Spyder Garage

Unhappy 5/25/11*Teddy Update

Well, I thought Teddy was doing better, but in one day, I fear all progress made was lost He seemed to be back to his old self jumping around like a crazy dog, you couldn't tell he had an issue at all. Well, we've been spending a lot of our time helping our best friend paint & get his home in order since he's going thru a divorce. Well, we decided to take a break, grab our discs & go hit Idlewild Park for a nice round of 24 holes, see'n as they added some new holes to the course & it's such a beautiful course at that. We have Teddy trained to follow our discs as soon as one of us throws & he runs after them like a Bat outta Hell. It has something to do with a dogs prey instinct I believe, but once he sees one of us on the T-Pad about to throw, he starts charging the pad like a derainged rhino going to maul you over & as soon as you release BAM!!! Like a shot out of a cannon, he's off. Well, this was easy to teach, he sees the disc go, runs after it & touches it when its down to show it's location, then wait for the next throw....... but not so easy to stop him. I keep him on a leash, but usually let it go once we throw so he can go chasing the discs. He loves to play so much & he gets so excited, there's just no calming him down. After 6 holes, he was limping again, but still wouldn't stop. After the 9th hole, he was so hurting that he showed us the disc after chasing it & he then just plopped down right there, due to so much pain. I kept trying to get him to stop, but it was futile. As soon as I'd let him back down, BAM! Off n run'n again, show us the disc then collapse. I couldn't handle it any more & my friend agreed there was no way he could make it another 9 holes less alone another 18 so we packed up for the day & left.

I'm still giving him 3 meds a day, but unfortunately, he doesn't know how to limit his enthusiasm & keeps reinjuring himself. Kinda like 2 steps forward,3 steps back. He was ok yesterday, but I didn't take him out to do anything at all. Just a lil playing in the house & that was it. He's gotta get better if we're gonna be able to do Maggy Valley, otherwise I'll have to cancel

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Well, I thought Teddy was doing better, but in one day, I fear all progress made was lost He seemed to be back to his old self jumping around like a crazy dog, you couldn't tell he had an issue at all. Well, we've been spending a lot of our time helping our best friend paint & get his home in order since he's going thru a divorce. Well, we decided to take a break, grab our discs & go hit Idlewild Park for a nice round of 24 holes, see'n as they added some new holes to the course & it's such a beautiful course at that. We have Teddy trained to follow our discs as soon as one of us throws & he runs after them like a Bat outta Hell. It has something to do with a dogs prey instinct I believe, but once he sees one of us on the T-Pad about to throw, he starts charging the pad like a derainged rhino going to maul you over & as soon as you release BAM!!! Like a shot out of a cannon, he's off. Well, this was easy to teach, he sees the disc go, runs after it & touches it when its down to show it's location, then wait for the next throw....... but not so easy to stop him. I keep him on a leash, but usually let it go once we throw so he can go chasing the discs. He loves to play so much & he gets so excited, there's just no calming him down. After 6 holes, he was limping again, but still wouldn't stop. After the 9th hole, he was so hurting that he showed us the disc after chasing it & he then just plopped down right there, due to so much pain. I kept trying to get him to stop, but it was futile. As soon as I'd let him back down, BAM! Off n run'n again, show us the disc then collapse. I couldn't handle it any more & my friend agreed there was no way he could make it another 9 holes less alone another 18 so we packed up for the day & left.

I'm still giving him 3 meds a day, but unfortunately, he doesn't know how to limit his enthusiasm & keeps reinjuring himself. Kinda like 2 steps forward,3 steps back. He was ok yesterday, but I didn't take him out to do anything at all. Just a lil playing in the house & that was it. He's gotta get better if we're gonna be able to do Maggy Valley, otherwise I'll have to cancel
    Poor guy, I hope he gets better soon! But you need to leave him in the house and not rough him up at the park. I know that they have the energy and the motivation, but he doesn't understand the concept of rest to recuperate. Leave that kind of activity for much, much later and keep him in the house where he can't be too high strung.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Red face 5/27/11*66F*Chance of Tstorms everyday

I fear Teddy is at a crossroads & the path chosen is a difficult journey filled with a lifetime of pain & limitations to his mobility. In the past 2 weeks, except for our one outing to the disc-golf course, I haven't had Teddy out of the house besides to potty or to Ryde. I figure with Ryde'n, he really can't hurt himself as long as he doesn't try to jump from the Spyder to the ground again But I fear the damage to his ligaments/patella has been done & no matter how much rest he gets, once he starts being active & himself, he goes right back into Limp Mode cause he re-injures himself over & over. Kinda like a losing your virginity, just won't ever be the sameagain.

Guess we're stuck like the rest of the Midwest with Pop Up ThunderStorms being a daily occurrence. I've been bitten so bad, for the past week, I've been driving my car into work in the morning cause it's usually pouring & racing home at lunch to trade the Couger for Teds Red Sled & WOW!!! what a contrast. Interstate 75N going from the Ohio river in KY up to my work exit in Ohio is just covered in pot holes. In the car, I hate this drive. But with the I HAVE A BLAST dodging all the pot holes on my daily commute. I even thought to myself the other day, if me dodging pot holes while staying in my lane & mantaining the legal speed limit, if a cop could site me for aggressive driving Cause I know I was driving aggressively to avoid all the pot holes that I can, & you know that with the Y layout, to avoid a pothole, you've gotta do a lil dance in yur seat to get the front wheels & the rear wheel to miss. & with these Elka shocks, it's almost all done with body English. SO MUCH FUN!!!

Spyder Garage

That stinks about Teddy's injury! I do hope you both can continue to enjoy the Spyder together. It's tough trying to keep an active dog from re-injuring himself over and over. Is there no surgery that would help? (I'm not sure exactly what Teddy did to injure himself in the first place)

Life is about adjusting to changes. I hope Teddy can still find enjoyment in what he is able to do. Hugs for you and Teddy. I do hope we continue to hear of your adventures together.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Talking 5/31/11*80F@4:30am on my Ryde in to work

Well, we've got almost 5000 miles on Teds new Red Sled & that's just since the week before SpYderFest. Yesterday, we followed my brothers & sister (them in my bros F150 & Teddy & I on his ) from Cincinnati down to Red River Gorge/Natural Bridge down in Slade KY. My moms family is from Breathitt Co. so each year on Memorial Day, we make the trip down to put flowers on the graves of our long departed ancestors & to help keep their memories alive. So, we added another 600 miles yesterday in 96-102F temps & blazing HOT sun, but we still had a good time, tho I'm a bit on the crispy side this morning
    Thinking if I want to do another trip tonight when I get off work & head over to Indiana & pay a visit to StripperKing so we can trade windshields. I miss my 2010 stock barn door off TEDDYS old Guess I just got used to it & am not smitten with this new 2011 diet version at all. I know, to each their own, but I miss my old shield, especially in the rain. The new one just doesn't do as well (IMHO) as the older larger one & I've only noticed maybe a 1-2 mpg difference between the two, so I'd rather have my comfort in rain than an extra mpg or 2 Its about a 3 hour Ryde, so I'll see how Teddy is doing when i get off, & if he seems up to it, we'll head out after work.

This weekend was good for Teddy, as most of it was spent cruising, so little chance for him to reinjure his leg again, and so far, so good

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the Teddy update and ryde safe!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Glad to hear Tedster is slowly improving still. Hopfully he will back to normal soon.
    My Heaps:

2010 Spyder RT-AC SE5

1987 BUICK Turbo T - TURBO SBC Project still in the works - (11.3 @ 121 without the turbo installed N/A)

RIP - 1982 OLDS CUTLASS 11.02 @ 129.2mph

Sold -- 1987 BUICK Turbo T W02 11.61 @ 118mph

Sold -- 2004 DODGE SRT-4 S2 13.0 @ 111.9 mph

"...there's two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will see 'em,
    but the only thing that matters is that little line between 'em..."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Well, we've got almost 5000 miles on Teds new Red Sled & that's just since the week before SpYderFest. Yesterday, we followed my brothers & sister (them in my bros F150 & Teddy & I on his ) from Cincinnati down to Red River Gorge/Natural Bridge down in Slade KY. My moms family is from Breathitt Co. so each year on Memorial Day, we make the trip down to put flowers on the graves of our long departed ancestors & to help keep their memories alive. So, we added another 600 miles yesterday in 96-102F temps & blazing HOT sun, but we still had a good time, tho I'm a bit on the crispy side this morning
    Thinking if I want to do another trip tonight when I get off work & head over to Indiana & pay a visit to StripperKing so we can trade windshields. I miss my 2010 stock barn door off TEDDYS old Guess I just got used to it & am not smitten with this new 2011 diet version at all. I know, to each their own, but I miss my old shield, especially in the rain. The new one just doesn't do as well (IMHO) as the older larger one & I've only noticed maybe a 1-2 mpg difference between the two, so I'd rather have my comfort in rain than an extra mpg or 2 Its about a 3 hour Ryde, so I'll see how Teddy is doing when i get off, & if he seems up to it, we'll head out after work.

This weekend was good for Teddy, as most of it was spent cruising, so little chance for him to reinjure his leg again, and so far, so good
    Looking forward to seeing you and Teddy Thurs. My wife and I met Teddy at Spyderfest but can`t wait to see him again. Molly will be glad to see Teddy also, that is our puggle.

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 6/1/11*74F*Trading Wind Shields w/StriperKing

Quote Originally Posted by StriperKing View Post
    Looking forward to seeing you and Teddy Thurs. My wife and I met Teddy at Spyderfest but can`t wait to see him again. Molly will be glad to see Teddy also, that is our puggle.
    Hey Striper, unless I got my wires crossed, I plan on making the trip to your place tonight after work, if that's still ok? & of course, Teddy will be with me I'm sure he'd love to meet yur lil bundle of joy as well.

Spyder Garage

See you Thurs. now. Have a safe trip!

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

Unhappy 6/2/11*63F* TEDDYS MIS-ADVENTURES TO THE BOONIES

Quote Originally Posted by StriperKing View Post
    See you Thurs. now. Have a safe trip!
    Ok, so we had plans to go over to StriperKings place yesterday after work so we could switch wind-shields Taking the fastest route (Interstate) it's about a 3 hour Ryde from our home in Northern KY to his place in the Boonies in Indiana, so I figured it'd be a nice Ryde, get to catch up a bit, switch shields & be on our way
    Well, the stars musta been out of alignment, cause it seemed they were against us. 1st, the blazing sun sitting on I75/71 registered at 102 on the temp. gauge, which is usually about 6 degrees high, but needless to say, it was HOT & no clouds in site.
    TEDDY hates being enclosed while Ryding, so I geared him up in his usual back seat carrier for the that is open topped. He loves it, but sadly it doesn't offer any protection from the sun. Thinking ahead, I got out his hot weather gear from last year, and put them to use. I have a chill-it's that is actually made for dogs & fits around his neck perfectly with Velcro.
    For those of you not familiar with Chill-It's, it's basically a bandana that has a gel chemical sewn into the middle of it. You ball it up, soak it in ice water for 15-20 minutes & the gel chemical engorges and stays cold for a long time/few hours even depending on temp & other conditions. You put it around your neck where all the blood flows thru the veins, and since your actually cooling your blood, your cooling your entire body. Kinda simple really & it works. I use them all the time at work since we have no air conditioning and hundreds of machines running constantly in a 1.3 million square foot factory. It got up to 137 last year & 106 so far this year & without the Chill-It's, ppl would be dropping like flies
    Besides the Chill-It's I also found modular gel ice packs that come in rows of like 10 by 10 & you can break away as many or few as needed. With this, I basically freeze them, and when needed, slide the set under TEDDYS carrier liner making for a nice cool place to sit, lay & Ryde I learned much last year with how to deal with the heat & a SpYder-Ryde'n Pooch when we went to Florida for vacation
    I think everyone has seen that Teddy always wears his Doggles when Ryding, so they offer his eyes some protection as well, not only from the sun but also the wind turbulence

So, thinking we were prepared for our nice lil journey, I texted StriperKing to let him know we were on our way and off we went. It was a lil b4 rush hour when we left, but once yur out of Florence, your past all of the bad traffic from the city. Well, all was good til about mile 30 and we come to find the Interstate traffic sitting at a stand still I mean not moving at all for as far as the eye could see. I wasn't sure what to do. We were trapped on the Interstate with no exits in site & surrounded by other vehicles & the blazing HOT sun beating down on us. I was ok, but i could tell that without airflow, Teddy wasn't going to make it too long b4 heat stroke would set in. Since we were just sitting anyways, I got off the & into TEDDYS side compartment and made sure to try n keep him hydrated. I found this nifty dog bottle that has a rubber flip bowl attached to it at our local StrasseDog & was able to give him water right there on the highway. But still, the 6pm sun was unrelenting & Teddy was stressing & licking his lips, which is a sure sign something is wrong
    Well, that did it for me, I had had enough waiting after about 20 minutes of just sitting & cooking. I was able to wrangle TEDDYS out of the congested mess of vehicles and made our way to the side of the road, which I promptly took off on to the bewilderment of all the other onlookers. I got far enough to see that the highway was closed down to one lane for construction, but that a semi was blocking that one lane& for some reason, he wasn't moving & I couldn't get around him Great, Now what?
    When the world gives you lemons, make lemon-aid is what I say We had never tried the at 3 wheel'n (off-road) but I figured then was better than any to try & thankfully, we had just enough ground clearance to make it thru the construction mess to the other side of the highway, which was wide open & I didn't see a cop around thankfully tho I honestly think, if he understood why i was doing what I was doing, he'd be cool about it and hopefully just give me a warning, but whatever, I did what I felt I needed to do for the best interest of Teddy and if that's wrong, then so be it

I took the next exit that was for a huge truckstop, with showers & all that jazz. Well, I didn't ask like I usually do, but I just grabbed Teddy off the , put his lead on, & just carried him into the truckstop with me, so we both could cool down in the nice COLD AC I didn't allow him to walk around, I just held him for about 30 minutes in the store while looking around. I was concerned we would get kicked out, but no one said a word to me, so I was just grateful to be cooling down
    I called StriperKing to tell him of our delima & that we wouldn't be making it today which he was totally cool with & understood We are going to try this again today after work. Hopefully, all the stars are aligned now, & we will have a smooth trip this time. Tho, I just looked at radar & it seems there are some storms moving into StriperKings area, but after yesterday's experience, I'd take the storm any day

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default HOLY CRAP!

Sounds like quite the (mis)adventure! I never thought of getting caught in a traffic jam with the heat factor and Kiddo. Thanks for the update post. Hope the Tedster's leg is doing better.

We are leaving tomorrow morning for ID, then off to Upper MI from there. We will be taking our time this year. NO more worrying about how far by what date. Too much stress..

The camper is all packed. I installed two running lights on each side for better night visibility..I think we are good to go.

We won't be in Maggie Valley, it's just too darn far to go. So hopefully we will see you somewhere sometime so our little black "sig-oths" can meet!!

Brad/Pat/KIDDO

Spyder Garage

CyncySpider and I have traded shields now and all is good except Dave will not get hardly any sleep tonight. We had grilled burgers ready when he got there and had one for Teddy also and he ate a hole one, not bad for such a small dog, took him all of about 20 sec. to eat it. I am sure Dave will update but i would just like to say Dave and Teddy are both a class act.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy made it to the Bonnies (Booneville Indiana that is)

We had a nice trip this time Was almost 4 hours of all back-roads from Cincy to Boonville Indiana, and the entire trip was overcast except for about 20 minutes, so that made for a very comfortable ryde And talking about a class act, WOW!!! StriperKing & his wife had a great spread just finishing up when we arrived, and let me tell you, it was REALLY GOOD Heck, I was just happy to get my old barn door back, but I didn't expect to have a home grilled dinner waiting for us with all the fix'ns and they even thought of Teddy, which he was VERY APPRECIATIVE for

Not only dinner, a new shield, but he also drug out his detailing stuff and went to work on Teds Red Sled since we had a 200 mile ryde one way to get there, needless to say, Teds was covered with bugs and goo But StriperKing went to work polishing here and there & giving me some good tips on what he uses I never expected anything besides the old barn door, so you talk'n about a class act, StripperKing and his wife are it

Thank you again for your hospitality & we're very happy with the larger shield back, and hope that you are as happy with the shorter 11' model

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Very Cool. Great to see a couple of Spyder owners meet and have a great exchange. What this forum is all about!

Spyder Garage

Unhappy 6/5/11*89F*Maggy Valley is now in Question

Today, I was suppose to attend a union meeting, but I didnt make it. While I was getting ready, Teddy stayed up stairs for some reason. After a few minutes, I heard him whimpering like he wanted to come down. In the past, he never hesitated about coming down the steps. But this time, he just stayed at the top & whined. I yelled up to him to come down, and quit his whining, but he didn't. Finally after about 20 minutes, I heard him start down the steps. Then my heart was in my throat when I heard him fall down half the steps

Going over things in my head, I figure he musta hurt his leg again by jumping off the bed upstairs. So thats why he was afraid and whimpering to come down the steps. They are just solid wood steps with no carpeting or cushion. So, when he couldnt stand being seperated from me any longer, he made the decision to come down, but that proved detrimental, as he hurt his leg even worse. I immidiately tried massaging it back in place, but I could tell that it wasnt working So, I drugged him up & we went back to his vet. Sadly, his regular vet wasn't in, so we made another appointment for tomorrow night when his regular vet will be in. Its looking like surgery is going to be the only option If thats the case, then Im thinking that Maggy Valley will not be doable for us

I'll update y'all more as I know more myself. He's doing ok right now, but thats just til he jumps wrong and messes it up again

He can still ryde, and likes it, so we went out for a nice evening ryde after I got done washing & detailing his Last night, we went out at 10pm for a nice ryde, and I didn't think anyone would believe that the temp at 10pm in Cincinnati was 100F, so I snapped a pic to prove it Tho, the temp gauge on the Spyder seems to be about 6 degrees higher than actual, this is CRAZY for our area at 10pm

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by draboo View Post
    Sounds like quite the (mis)adventure! I never thought of getting caught in a traffic jam with the heat factor and Kiddo. Thanks for the update post. Hope the Tedster's leg is doing better.

We are leaving tomorrow morning for ID, then off to Upper MI from there. We will be taking our time this year. NO more worrying about how far by what date. Too much stress..

The camper is all packed. I installed two running lights on each side for better night visibility..I think we are good to go.

We won't be in Maggie Valley, it's just too darn far to go. So hopefully we will see you somewhere sometime so our little black "sig-oths" can meet!!

Brad/Pat/KIDDO
    I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TRIP & KEEP US UPDATED ON HOW IT GOES