Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation Update: Thanks guys for the well wishes

It killed us having to leave before the end, but I had to do whats best for Teddy. The Vet in Russelville couldn't get it to pop back in either & suggested that Teddy needs surgery He gave us some Anti-Inflamatories to help with the swelling & pain meds for the pain, so we headed back to LadyBug, packed up our Moto-Mate Camper and we made a quick appearance at Cowtown which had THE MOST SPYDERS IVE EVER SEEN IN ONE PLACE (it was an AMAZING sight) to tell Len what was going on & to say thanks for a great event

When I explained why we weren't staying, so many of you were so comforting, & I thank you for that. I have to admit, I Love Teddy & Im ok in dealing with his fans, but I also have to do whats in Teddy's Best Interest, & sometimes, thats NOT what his fans want. We were litterally mobbed when we made our short appearance at CowTown. After a few of you heard me explain why we had to leave, they actually helped carral ppl away from us so I could make it down to turn around and leave. We're used to ppl mobbing for pics with Teddy, but when he's hurt & in pain, thats not the time. So, my apologies if we didnt stay long enough for you to get a good pic, but his wellfare comes first & (god willing) we'll be at Maggy Valley & Lamonsters BBQ as well, so there are plenty more opportunities in the near future

One girl that helped commented, "Dont worry about the ppl, just take care of Teddy." & she was so right Thank you for that, & Im sorry I don't remember your name

Teddy is home now, relaxing with his pain meds & anti-inflamatories. We're going for a short ryde to get our daily fix & to help us both calm down. I'll get him in to his regular Vet tomorrow & let you all know that care what they say. They've dealt with his ligaments popping out since he was just a pup, so they may have better news than surgery but we'll see

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Sorry to hear about Teddy's discomfort. What would we do without our furkids? Hopefully his vet will be able to fix him up without surgery.

Sounds like your Spyderfest experience was other than Teddy's misadventure at the end.

You must realize that with Teddy being such a class act to start with and now with him having a hot new,
    and with you being his chauffeur, personal trainer, dietitian, road manager and all the rest,
    you both have now ascended even higher in Rockstar status.

It's fun to read posts of your continuing adventures, as well as those of your fans

Rest up and take care of Teddy. Let us know how his visit to the vet goes.

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about Teddy's pain and discomfort, but really happy to hear you're doing the right thing. It was a pleasure meeting you both! Good luck at the vet's.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Red face sunday at the vet

We're at PetsMart (Banfield) now, at 3pm on a Sunday, they are work'n him in. Like Len & Cowtown, above & beyond. More later, vets here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hang in there, Teddy. You will be fine. You will be as good as new in a few days.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am glad that you and Teddy had a great time at Spyderfest and I am real sorry that Teddy hurt himself. Teddy is in my thoughts and prayers Please keep us posted on Teddy's recovery

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

It was great to meet Teddy at the Vendor area on Friday!
    Dave, please tell Teddy, "Get Well Soon!", unless he reads this first...

Oh yeah, and that Viper Red RT Rocks.

Spyder Garage

Just read about Teddy's injury. I hope it's not too too bad. Surgery sounds serious, though. I hope he's soon OK and back ryding with you!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Thanks for the well wishes & prayers **** Good News

it's kinda what I thought, 2 weeks on the DL, bunches of anti-Inflamatories & pain meds to help manage the pain and take it easy. Yeah, I even asked the vet, how am I suppose to keep a dog like Teddy on the down low. But anyways, he is ok. Just a lot of rest for the next 2 weeks, & hopefully he'll be good to go for Lamonsters B-B-Q & Maggie Valley

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    it's kinda what I thought, 2 weeks on the DL, bunches of anti-Inflamatories & pain meds to help manage the pain and take it easy. Yeah, I even asked the vet, how am I suppose to keep a dog like Teddy on the down low. But anyways, he is ok. Just a lot of rest for the next 2 weeks, & hopefully he'll be good to go for Lamonsters B-B-Q & Maggie Valley
    so sorry about the injury Teddy, I'm sure Dave is giving you the best care possible...no surgery is great news! Hoping to meet you in Maggie Valley. I know you will miss your daily routine...but rest is best! Lucy and Franklin are pulling for you.....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

I am so glad that Teddy will be Ok.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 5/2/11*SpYderFest 2011 is over*Back to work

It's 69F but raining like crazy. I caged it in this morning. Teddy was very groggy this morning, I'm sure from all the meds, so I just allowed him to sleep in. If he has an accident in the house, I accept it & understand. He doesn't like going out in the rain anyway.

It's hard to believe SpYderFest went by so quickly. So many ppl we wanted to not just meet, but to actually get to know personally, but that didn't happen. As usual, even with as popular as Teddy is, we are loners on our own route it seems. There's just so many places that are not conducive to pets, especially when it comes time to eat. As I told the one guy at the golf course that kindly reminded us, "if you plan on eating here, the dog can't stay" I don't stay if Teddy can't stay. No big deal, we're used to it, but I sometimes just don't understand it.

Anyways, it's good to be home. I actually forgot how nice the roads and scenery here in my own back yard truly are. Not that Cuba doesn't offer up some nice Ryde'n roads of there own, but I guess I just missed the river. Route 8, that runs along the Ohio river & in front of my condo is a favorite Ryde. Did it 3 times since we've been back already & even pulling the Camper, it's still a hoot to ryde

Hope everyone else had fun at SpYderFest as well.

Spyder Garage

.....There's just so many places that are not conducive to pets, especially when it comes time to eat. As I told the one guy at the golf course that kindly reminded us, "if you plan on eating here, the dog can't stay" I don't stay if Teddy can't stay. No big deal, we're used to it, but I sometimes just don't understand it......
    In most cases the ban on pets is due to the health code regulations governing eating/food preparation establishments. It is not a reflection on Teddy or any other animal, it is just the business owner needing to obey the regulations to avoid the possibility of having his business shut down. Be thankful for those who bend the rules for Teddy, and be understanding about those who feel they cannot.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up No doubt...... Understood

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    In most cases the ban on pets is due to the health code regulations governing eating/food preparation establishments. It is not a reflection on Teddy or any other animal, it is just the business owner needing to obey the regulations to avoid the possibility of having his business shut down. Be thankful for those who bend the rules for Teddy, and be understanding about those who feel they cannot.
    Right you are & I agree Scotty. I was in restaurant management for 13 years in a past lifetime, so I understand the businesses doing what they do. I guess my rambling was more along the lines of our government making the laws as such as they are. Especially after talking with other folks at SpYderFest from around the globe, seems many countries allow dogs in eating establishments. But that's all it was Scotty, was just me rambling. It just adds another adventure for us to figure out, so it's all good. I'm just really tired, more so emotionally than physical. Guess I worry a lil too much about my lil guy
    but we make it all work

It was great to meet you in person btw, just wish we had more time to actually talk How are you like'n yur new Viper Red RT622 trailer?

Spyder Garage

Right you are & I agree Scotty. I was in restaurant management for 13 years in a past lifetime, so I understand the businesses doing what they do. I guess my rambling was more along the lines of our government making the laws as such as they are. Especially after talking with other folks at SpYderFest from around the globe, seems many countries allow dogs in eating establishments. But that's all it was Scotty, was just me rambling. It just adds another adventure for us to figure out, so it's all good. I'm just really tired, more so emotionally than physical. Guess I worry a lil too much about my lil guy
    but we make it all work

It was great to meet you in person btw, just wish we had more time to actually talk How are you like'n yur new Viper Red RT622 trailer?
    Hey Dave, I know you weren't throwing rocks. You are right in that the regulations aren't the same everywhere. I'm sure many dog owners would like to see things different here. There are others that might be unhappy, though. Wouldn't it be nice to have the flexibility to put up a "Dogs Welcome" sign? A person has the right to dream.

I'm sure you are tired, and I know you are worried. That Spyder therapy has already helped. Maybe you can get some more real soon. I'm sure it will be even better when Teddy heals enough to meet his public again, too. I was sad that we didn't get a real chance to chat, too. I was counting on getting to know you guys better at the campground, but the rain got the best of me, and I abandoned the tent idea. Don't know if my wounded old body could have stood it anyway. The new trailer did real well on the trip home. We're gonna like it a lot. It looks great in red! I misplaced my camera, which Nancy found in my Spyderfest goodie bag on my return, so I have no pics yet, but I will post as soon as I take some. Give the Tedster a treat from me. See ya at Lamont's/Maggie Valley?
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about Teddy... hope he gets better soon!!

It was great to meet Teddy and your "butler"
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Talking thank you

teddy & I now have smiles on our mugs

Spyder Garage

teddy & I now have smiles on our mugs

I don't think I'm alone on this...... We need a Teddy UPDATE.

He is in our prayers (never thought I'd be praying for a dog, especially one that not even mine nor have I ever met).

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Red face 5/3/11*Still Raining*54F*Caged it in to work again today

Quote Originally Posted by 2Gunns View Post

He is in our prayers (never thought I'd be praying for a dog, especially one that not even mine nor have I ever met).
    Hey 2Gunns, if yur gonna be at Lamomsters Bar-B-Q or the Maggie Valley event, you'll hopefully have another chance at meet'n Teddy in person as long as we get his inflammation under control and his ligaments "popped" back into place by then

He's doing ok, but I hate giving him all these different meds. He's so messed up, kinda like an aloof drunk almost Yesterday, he didn't want to wake up to go potty like usual at 4:15am before I have to leave for work, so I just let him sleep in. I knew i was gonna pay for that when I got home, & WOW did I ever The vet told me he'd likely get an upset stomach with so much meds, and ....... Well....... I think y'all know what that means so yeah, I had that to look forward to when I got home yesterday & probably again when I get home from work today. I knew it may happen, so I was prepared (I thought) & didn't say a negative word to him about his "accident", but I didn't have to, he knew he had dome wrong & as soon as I opened the door, he dropped his head without even look'n at me & just kinda whimpered my heart sank, cause he's always SO excited to see me, jumping around like a crazy dog. But not yesterday. After about an hour of cleaning, we made up & I reassured him he wasn't in trouble cause I know it's not his fault, and yup he still loves me

I'll post more later tonight. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Tedster update. I'm sure Teddy is like Leroy in that he really wants to please you.... and knows what not to 'doo' . . . .
    but when it can't be helped such as Teddy's situation now, it's entirely different than when they 'doo doo' out of protest
    Looking forward to updates on his progress. I know you're eager to get your buddy comfortably back on all fours...
    Thanks for keeping us posted.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default How is Teddy?

Sorry that we didn't get to say goodby. We understand and know what you are going thru. What did Teddy's vet have to say when you got home? Let us know when you get a chance. Our two send a big hi!
    Last edited by cheifbanty; 05-03-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Gunns View Post

You are not alone , I really enjoy reading the Teddy's adventures and was really sorry to hear that he was hurt, he is my's
    Hey 2Gunns, if yur gonna be at Lamomsters Bar-B-Q or the Maggie Valley event, you'll hopefully have another chance at meet'n Teddy in person as long as we get his inflammation under control and his ligaments "popped" back into place by then

He's doing ok, but I hate giving him all these different meds. He's so messed up, kinda like an aloof drunk almost Yesterday, he didn't want to wake up to go potty like usual at 4:15am before I have to leave for work, so I just let him sleep in. I knew i was gonna pay for that when I got home, & WOW did I ever The vet told me he'd likely get an upset stomach with so much meds, and ....... Well....... I think y'all know what that means so yeah, I had that to look forward to when I got home yesterday & probably again when I get home from work today. I knew it may happen, so I was prepared (I thought) & didn't say a negative word to him about his "accident", but I didn't have to, he knew he had dome wrong & as soon as I opened the door, he dropped his head without even look'n at me & just kinda whimpered my heart sank, cause he's always SO excited to see me, jumping around like a crazy dog. But not yesterday. After about an hour of cleaning, we made up & I reassured him he wasn't in trouble cause I know it's not his fault, and yup he still loves me

I am really glad that Teddy will be alright Please keep us posted

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We have dealt with what you are going thru with the meds. It sucks cleaning up, but it's even worse for the dog. Ted will be better soon, and this info is coming from his BESTEST FAN...KIDDO aka The West Casino Kidd!!

Here are a couple of pics of her to cheer up Teddy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Wink 5/4/11*42F*Mostly Cloudy but was dry this AM, so I rode in :)

Quote Originally Posted by draboo View Post
    We have dealt with what you are going thru with the meds. It sucks cleaning up, but it's even worse for the dog. Ted will be better soon, and this info is coming from his BESTEST FAN...KIDDO aka The West Casino Kidd!!

Here are a couple of pics of her to cheer up Teddy!
    Thanks draboo, & you know Teddy loves see'n pics of Kiddo. We're both look'n forward to meet'n ya's at Maggie Valley

I got to Ryde in this morning, and WOW, Teds new seems to be a totally different beast than his 2010 I know a lot of that has to do with the much better suspension that the new Elka Shocks are providing. We had a break on the rain yesterday, but I only took Teddy out for a quick 15 minute Ryde, just to get our daily fix & go thru the local drive thru so Teddy could get his French fry fix

Spyder Garage

Unhappy 5/4/11 * Teddy Update, I'm sorry buddy

What's that ole say'n? "The road to HELL is paved with good intentions."

Some of you got to see the care & attention that I give Teddy on a daily basis at SpYderFest While I'm sure some others just saw a crazy lil dog with a shaggy look'n MoHawk running amuck around Cowtown like he owned the place In any case, you should know that I love Teddy and do whatever I can for his best interest. I'm not a vet, nor a dog trainer like many at SpYderFest had assumed. I just work with the lil guy a lot & we have mutual love & respect for one another, I think that's what makes us "Click" so well

With all that be'n said, I think I almost killed my lil buddy last night We were suppose to take his new over to my best friends house so he could help install TEDDYS new GPS & Rear View Camera System. After I got home yesterday, (expecting another mess to clean up) Teddy seemed almost like his usual self, no mistakes to clean & he was VERY HAPPY to see me, jump'n around like a crazy dog So I took him out to potty, and he #1'd a bunch, but no #2. I was a lil concerned, but if you had seen what I cleaned up the previous day, you would understand why I was sure he was just "empty." Well, I didn't take this into consideration when I gave him his meds. I had even asked our vet here about giving him so much at the same time, & she reassured me it shouldn't be a problem. I believe, when going over all the meds with me, she might have told me to make sure he had already eaten, but that wasn't listed on any of his med. bottles, so I gave him his 1/4 pain pill with a bit of PNut Butter, then his Anti-Inflamatory liquid, then his liquid pain med for his collapsing trachea.

For those of you not familiar with small breed dogs, the price you pay for selective breeding can be detrimental health issues for the animal. That's the main reason I got out of breeding when I was married & lived in Florida. They preach breeding for the betterment of the breed, but so many times, it's exactly opposite that. With breeding poms down in size thru out the ages, we have compromised there bodies and many are subject to various health issues. Teddy has two of them. A collapsing trachea, which means that when he gets excited or stressed, his tiny wind-pipe (trachea) has a tendency to close on it's own, called a "collapsing trachea" causing him to cough uncontrollably & gasp for air. The other as I'm sure your aware of is his "Luxating Patella." Thats where his ligament going from his knee-cap to his lower leg has a tendency, when over exerted, to "pop" out of position causing pain & gimpiness until it's back in position.

Well, back to the point, his food and water was down & available but he hadn't eaten & I gave him all his meds. I decided to go ahead & shave him down as the most of the cold weather should be behind us He was being really good about get'n shaved, & with treats in hand, it usually isn't a hard thing to get done. But about half way thru, I could tell he was really tired, cause he was just standing there with his eyes closed letting me clip away. Next thing I knew, I thought he was just try'n to lie down so I couldn't trim under his belly & arms (seems to be ticklish) but his whole body went limp & he just kinda crumpled right there on the floor Talking about Spaz'n out, what do you do in a case like this You can't call 911 for animals

Anyways, got in touch with a vet tech & since I could tell he was still breathing, she suggested I take a small ice cube & hold it to his tongue for a few seconds & BAM!!! That did the trick It was almost like reanimation, he just came back to life. Seems since he didn't have anything in his stomach to help absorb all his meds. that his blood pressure dropped quickly & that's what caused him to collapse (pass out) & that the shock of the ice on his tongue got his adrenaline running again & perked him right up He was still very aloof for the next couple of hours, but after eating & drinking, he seemed back to his normal self

Never a dull moment with this pup around, thats for sure
    Lesson of the day-
    Only give meds after eating, never before