Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Hummmm..... I'm thinking.......

What would Teddy look like with a VIPER RED Mohawk rather than blond?

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Talking PMMDI

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Hummmm..... I'm thinking.......
    What would Teddy look like with a VIPER RED Mohawk rather than blond?
    I was kinda Wondering the Same thing but see'n as I'm not a hair-guy (Cosmotoligist or whatever) I don't think its gonna happen
    Tho I think it would Look Even Better
    Don't be blaming me
    (I didnt see the Phil Made Me Do It smiley)

Spyder Garage

There was a Viper Red RTS. Sitting on the showroom floor when I bought my Mag Silver RTS SE 5 I fell in love with the mag color the first time I saw it. I looked very hard and long at the Viper Red one but decided to go with my first impression. I still go out to look at it several times every night to make sure it's still in my garage, I love that mag color.

very happy owner of a mag silver RTS SE 5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Idaspud View Post
    I still go out to look at it several times every night to make sure it's still in my garage, I love that mag color.
    Funny... I wondered if I was the only one that did that! Guess not......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Funny... I wondered if I was the only one that did that! Guess not......
    I keep mine in my family room. Saves time walking out to the barn....

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Talking HAPPY 21st Birthday Teddy

Well, to be exact, it's his 3rd Birthday in our years, but my lil guy is all grown up & legal now

Yup, born on 4/20/08, & he adopted me on 6/20/08 at the ripe ole age of 8 weeks. Wow, & I thought those were good timesbut they pale in comparison to our lives together with the

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Buddy

I guess y'all can figure out what his Birthday present was this year
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 04-20-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Happy B-Day Teddy!

happy b-day Teddy!
    The Girlz,
    2015 Red RT-S SE5
    2015 Denim Blue ST-Limited SE5
    Black 2010 RT-622

Spyder Garage

I thought Cowtown SE had Utopia backrests?
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Idaspud View Post
    ... I still go out to look at it several times every night to make sure it's still in my garage...
    I have owned my '08 SE 5 nearly 2 years now and I STILL go out to my garage and gawk
    Happier Spyder Owner

Fairly happy 08 YELLOW SE5

Spyder Garage

Talking Yup, when we get back to Cowtown for SpYderFest

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    I thought Cowtown SE had Utopia backrests?
    You are correct bullant, but I picked Teds Red Sled up a week early and before the back-rests arrived at Cowtown, so I still have a few mods left to be installed (Len is AWESOME to work with)

So I still have the Utopia BackRest, Lamonster IPS & also the SpYderFest Insignia Plaque to be mounted yet

& this byke already looks AWESOME!!! WOW, Can't wait for the rest of the goodies

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IWN2RYD View Post
    Congrats and thanks for all the beautiful pics!

Just my $.02 that may only be worth $.01...

On your shocks... Just an FYI... We ran them for many years on our bikes. If they are still anything like ours had been... The adjustments are sensitive. What I mean is...

When you go to adjust them, it does not take much for the shocks to respond differently than they did before. I am not sure which set you have, but I can say Elka's are about the best money can buy. Once you get them dialed in for your needs you will be pleased and have one of the best rydes on the road.

The secrete is in the way they choose to do their valving. Where our stock is fixed, many Elka's are adjustable. Yes of course both versions can have the springs adjust.

But BRP chooses to control the valving (In a way) on their shocks by having five pre-settings with the springs... Elka tries to have the Springs set up for the most part towards the driver/vehicle needs and allow for fluid to be controlled there by effecting the valving in the shocks to be adjustable for the conditions each ryder will experience. At least that is how we like to think on it...
    Well, you are kinda right, but valving and spring rate are two seperate things. Basically a springs function is to support the bike and riders weight and allow the wheels to move relative to the rest of the bike over bumps. The valving is designed to slow the spring from compressing or extending too quickly.

The key to understanding dampening is knowing that it controls the speed of the wheels movement, wheras the spring controls the distance that the wheel moves.

I know that if I try to explain it too much in writing, I may just confuse the heck out of some folks....maybe myself included... but I will be more than happy to give a full explanation at Spyderfest. I will be there for the entire event, from Wednesday night to Sunday morning and it is my job to explain to as many people who will listen as to how their shocks can work for them.

I hope this helps.

OH, and congrats on the purchase Cyncy, and a happy B-day to Teddy.
    Last edited by Trooper; 04-20-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    ....and it is my job to explain to as many people who will listen as to how their shocks can work for them.

Wish I could be there to hear your talk!
    Happier Spyder Owner

Fairly happy 08 YELLOW SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by musicarcade View Post
    Wish I could be there to hear your talk!
    My wife would tell you differently...

I am a toll free number away...1-800-557-0552 ext 257.

Spyder Garage

Talking 4/20/11*Teddys 3rd Birthday*56F*Dry now, Partly Cloudy

I Find myself in a position Ive never experienced before

The sun peeks out & its almost 60 & I find myself (Teddy as well) ansy to get our daily fix

But then, I experience what I can only call "Hesitation/Fear even".

With Teddy's 2010 RTS I never once felt fear when thinking of going for a ryde. There were times it didn't work, but I understood going in, all of us doing so in 2010 are early adopters, and this pretty complex machine is bound to have some issues, its a given with any New to Market Product. But I never feared going for a ride in almost any climactic conditions. 2 trips to Indianapolis in 12F & 24F degree temps, no worries, no fear, be prepaired and enjoy the ryde. Thats what Teddy & I did, for almost 14000 WonderFul miles in about 11 months. I rec'on Teddy has logged close to 6000 miles himself

But now, with Teddy's new 2011 , that feeling is still alive & well, no doubt! But the difference is, I think I knew all along that the wasn't mine. I had settled on something that wasn't what was agreed upon, but I couldn't stand to waste my friends time off work, nor mine, nor the 300 mile trip to get there, just to be told, "Sorry, I know I should'a called you last night, but I figured we'd surely have the "Error Code" corrected by the time you got here." 5 hours waiting later, "Sorry Dave, this unit (PE#0468) (or something like that) is't leaving here tonight. My options: Take a still in the box unit thats not a PE or go home wasting time & money not to mention "Personal Heartache" (I was bitten then too) & disapointment.

So yeah, give me the box. They rushed put'n it together, since they closed at 6 & it was now 9pm. I have to give him credit for try'n, just not the experience I thought I was in for, lets just say that. I had the SE5 Recall problem on my intial test ride. When we stopped to fill up gas tank, I asked my sales person why it didn't work right the 5th time I used the "Thumb Shifter" & he told me, "You musta just not hit it right. It'll take you a little time, but you'll learn. Hmmmmm Mmmmmm, I learned all right. Got it home, enjoyed Teddy's for 9 whole days. I swear, my face hurt SO BAD from the permanant grin on my mug

Then, into the shop for 49days waiting on the recall parts. I missed everything last year, Lamonts BBQ, The BRP Owners Event in Chicago (Tho it sounds like We won on that one) & all the other stuff last year.

We got in one group ryde up to Hocking Hills & met up with the Newly Formed Ohio Spyder Ryders Club, I think we had 13-15 total. Teddy & I loved it.

WE were upset at BRPs handling of our experience at first. Many have said it on here "Carlo to the Rescue"

Long story short, Len & Cowtown have Redefined for me what Awesome Customer Service truly is. Teddy & I experienced it first hand/paw I have FAITH AGAIN

I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I honestly thought for a few minutes if I could manage to move to Cuba MO But it did run thru my mind Its a Great Ryde'n Area with Route 66 right there thru the middle of town

Anyways, this is Teddy's , this is what he was suppose to get the first time out. Everything he wanted & everything he was promised, and more even.

So I guess, now I'm scared to hurt it. The Bright Red Color is SO FAST & Mesmerizing, at least for me, its SO BEAUTIFUL!!! We were going thru the twisties up to Devou Park last night, about midnight. Temp. right b4 the tornado warnings got up to almost 80 with a full moon before the storm, we had to ride On the way up the hill, POP...... POP.. POP POP WTF !!! I immediately pulled over to check out what the sounds were. I ran over some gravel that washed across the road with all the rain earlier, & it was bouncing off the new tires of Teds Red Sled (lol) & hitting the underside of the fenders (which is what they were designed for) but it still upset me It almost made me slow down going up the hill

So yeah, I knew the 2010 was going to be my daily driver & I had the same plans for Teddys new Im not rich enough to own a trailer queen, plus I need at least a Daily fix, or I'm not all that happy But I also..... Dmn it, sorry......................... We gotta go ryde
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 04-22-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    Well, you are kinda right, but valving and spring rate are two seperate things. Basically a springs function is to support the bike and riders weight and allow the wheels to move relative to the rest of the bike over bumps. The valving is designed to slow the spring from compressing or extending too quickly.

The key to understanding dampening is knowing that it controls the speed of the wheels movement, wheras the spring controls the distance that the wheel moves.

I know that if I try to explain it too much in writing, I may just confuse the heck out of some folks....maybe myself included... but I will be more than happy to give a full explanation at Spyderfest. I will be there for the entire event, from Wednesday night to Sunday morning and it is my job to explain to as many people who will listen as to how their shocks can work for them.

I hope this helps.

OH, and congrats on the purchase Cyncy, and a happy B-day to Teddy.
    That is why I wrote worth $.01 and did not go into great detail. I was trying to keep it simple but also make clear the difference from stock to your set is night and day, if not comparable at all. Granted the idea is similar of course lol...
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

Just ride it, Dave. They don't remain virgins forever. They still make parts, too. Every rock chip, every ding, every set of tires, is just another testimony to the fact that you ride. Ask any BMW or Goldwing rider with 100,000+ on the clock. Vehicles are made to be ridden/driven. The rest are in museums!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Teddy's new Viper Red Spyder Looks Awesome!!!. I like the accessories. Teddy looks great on his new ride. Safe Trip to Spyderfest

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 4/21/11*42F on my Ryde in this morning at 4am

Last night, Teddy decided he wanted to try out the new Bar-B-Q joint that just opened in Ludlow, thinks it's called "The Classy Pig." I can't get him to understand the fact that (even tho he doesn't believe it) he IS a dog, & us humans are biased for some reason against allowing dogs into our eating establishments I don't get it myself, but Teddy has me trained well, and with his Rock Star personality, well, yeah, he pretty much gets what he wants. So, we stopped by, parked right in front of the glass doors, cause I thought I'd have to run in & order carry-out while he waited on his
    But Teddy is VERY food motivated, & he'd have none of that. Sure enough, out comes a waitress laughing and pointing excitedly I told her I wanted to place a carry out order while I was taking off my helmet, and asked if I had to leave Teddy out there by himself. She said to wait, she'd ask the owner. Came back in a flash & said, "as long as you hold him, we want him inside with us" I swear, this Dog truly is a STAR The owner came out with camera in hand, ask'n if he could take a few pics, sure, why not, every one does -lol- I placed our order for TEDDYS Birthday dinner (ribs & brisket) and while waiting, Teddy entertained the few ppl in the dining room, along with the nice waitress. She asked all about him & his tricks & Spyder Adventures, so I gave her the SpyderLovers.com info so she could follow along as well Then a young couple walked in, & the girl was instantly taken with Teddy. Out comes the camera & the questions & Teddy doing his tricks of High Five, shake, sit, lay & wait. The wait trick is a killer, especially when you have a treat waiting for him. If I make him wait long enough, he'll sit ther so patiently, but after a minute or so, he starts drooling it's really a funny site to see.

One of these times, TEDDYS gonna get my ss kicked by jealous boyfriends. Her bf was a big guy, and he wasn't get'n any attention at all from his gf, so he started drink'n (food ready yet?) and we all 3 stepped out to the patio area so I could let Teddy down & run around a bit. The girl must have introduced herself at least 3 times, showed me pics of her all-black Pomeranian & we just had a nice conversation. I talked with her bf & we shook hands, no harm done, he was cool about it all (thank goodness)

Then our food was ready & off to then we go, but the owner wanted to take pics of Tedster with his doggles on while on the & in front of his restaurant, so Teddy obliged with a smile

At this point, I don't know who gets more attention, Teddy or his Either way, I'm just along for the Ryde & loving every minute of it
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 04-22-2011 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Added Pics

Spyder Garage

Red face 4/22/11*51F*Cloudy & Showers

Some pics from last night. We're gearing up now to head to a friends to help im paint the inside of his house & then we'll work on Teddys Camper get'n prepaired for SpYderFest

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Congrats Teddy and Dave cant wait to see teddys new ride.

Spyder Garage

Talking 4/23/11

We're at our friends all last night & today help'n him paint. Also, took the Moto-Mate Camper to his place (Bigger Garage) so we can work on it a bit in preperation for SpYderFest Also, he's got a big yard so we can set up our new tent to make sure everything is good to go

Cant wait, SpYderFest is almost Here

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

hi was wondering if you could help us find a pet carrier for our little oscar whats a good one..

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 4/24/11*65F* Ditto Yesterday

Still helping my friend paint, been ryding back & forth cause Teddy & I have just been spending the night, as we dont usually get done painting a room til around 11pm or so, so just as easy to spend the night & go home for a couple hours in the morning to feed the cat, chinchilla & fish & shower & stuff. On our way back to Hebron to work on some more painting & I pulled up Scotty's directions on wiring Teddy's Moto-Mate Camper to his NEW . Thanks again Scotty

As for carriers, there are many out there. You just need to find one that works for your pet. There are numerous way to attatch them to the . Ive found a couple that I use at Pets Mart, but as many are aware, there are unlimited numbers listed on the Net & Ebay. Just make sure you get a carrier that is large enough for your pet to stand, lay & move around a little bit, otherwise, its likely your pet will get turned off to ryding and wont want to do it. Hope this helps some, & good luck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dave, did I read that you changed out the shocks on your new scoot? I think I read where BRP upgraded the 2011 shocks from the 2010. If you did, I wonder why....and are the Elka better than the OEM 2011??

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.